Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Kommienzuspadt posted:

sweet gun but the safety sucked, the DA trigger was like 20lbs, and I didn't like the non-existent customer service. also jammed frequently and had problems both with feeding and extraction. Sold it to pay for another glock. It was a loving sweet shooter though.

I've shot a couple Witnesses and haven't come across the feeding/extracting issues myself. You're right about the DA trigger though.

If you do see a Witness for pretty cheap bucks, they're worth it. They're tack-drivers, and with a little work they run great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Sweet lord, I got to handle a 75 B SA the other day and I see why you guys love them. I was about to jump all over the thing before I saw it was chambered for .40

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

piss boner posted:

Gah. Pics suck = whatever. New P01. <3

There's either a trick of perspective here or your hand is god damned enormous

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

9x18 isn't always that easy to find, or cheap for that matter. Then again I haven't been following it much lately.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

OWLS! posted:

Lemme know how you like the Kadet kit. I've been kicking around the idea of picking one up myself.

I don't think I've ever seen any bad reviews of the Kadet kit.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Unskilled Labour posted:

I've been looking at getting a CZ 550 American. I'll be using it mostly for target shooting, but want the option of using it for hunting. I'm trying to decide between .308 and 30-06. Any suggestions? I have an Israeli K98 in 7.62 NATO, so I'm leaning towards getting the CZ in .308 for a common-ish calibre and reloading reasons.

What are you hunting?

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Unskilled Labour posted:

Feral Goats and Pigs, the biggest animal would be a Sambar Deer, maybe a few times a year, otherwise paper and steel gongs. If I were to go to the Northern Territory for Water Buffalo or scrub bulls, I'd be going with friends who already own CZ Safaris in .375 and .458.

If you're choosing between the two you listed earlier, then yeah I'd roll .308 and I would absolutely reload.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

ShaneB posted:

Chambered in 40 or 9mm? That's probably a very large Pandora's box, right?

If you want it for range use, there is zero reason to get it in the more expensive ammunition.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Hey 452 peeps, is there a guide online to touching up the factory trigger I'm not seeing? I could have sworn they were able to be cleaned up a bit but maybe I'm wrong.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234957

You need to go to rimfirecentral for searching as google wont return anything from there.

Thanks!

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

I had no idea that was ever a thing. Very cool.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/C-139/RIMFIRE.aspx

Call them about the 455 and ask? They have 5 of the 452 left.

Barring that, Midway and Boyd's probably have stocks.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Basticle posted:

Well here is an oddity.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370114468

I've seen pictures of these but I was not aware any were ever imported into the US.

I saw one a number of years ago. They did get stateside but I think it was a very small number of them.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

martinlutherbling posted:

Finally got my sp01 from CGW and it is nice on ice

Oh man that looks like a hoot. How do you like that trigger?

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

I'm guessing no, but are there any decent deals to be had on 452 mags that don't cost $rape?

I mean holy poo poo $30+ for a 5-shot mag is insane.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Used P07 Duty in 9mm with 2 factory mags for $400, that a decent price?

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Hitmage posted:

Probably picking up a P-07 Duty this weekend. That is assuming I don't get a Jericho/Baby Eagle or some other thing.

Get the CZ. For the money it's a ton better. Jerichos aren't bad but they're just giant bricks that work as range toys and little else.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Hitmage posted:

Good point, considering the P-07 is gonna be for carry (and to give my Pre-B a break)

Oh god, then yeah the P-07 is the clear choice. Carrying a Jericho is possible but not really worth the trouble given how big and heavy it is.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

TobyLerone posted:

Thanks a ton for the pics. They are exactly what I needed. The shield and G27 made a perfect comparison. CCW hasn't quite surfaced in the great state of Illinois and it's been troublesome finding a variety of pistols to try on. The CZ PCR is listed as 1.38" wide and and G27 as 1.18". I'm 5'10" and about 140lbs myself. It was hard to tell where CZ was taking their measurements or what difference it would make IWB. The PCR may suit me better than the P01 as I have no need for the rail and the factory grips would be replaced with something slimmer. The Shield is still in my top 3 but loses points for the thumb safety and current recall issues. Sure seems like a lot of gun for much less money than the CZ. The Baby Glocks exacerbate all my issues with full size Glocks. As much as I appreciate their function they were not built for my hands, although the trigger was pretty good on the last Gen4 I handled.

Just for fun, have you tried a Walther PPS?

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

TobyLerone posted:

No, the PPS wasn't on my radar and I haven't seen any at stores or gun shows. How does it compared to the standard offerings? It always reminded me of the Springfield XDs (now that I've compared specs it does so even more) and that wasn't high on my list for having both a rail and a grip safety. Less is more. Unless it's payload and then more is better. My starter ccw around the property has been a Taurus TCP with a cheap Desantis pocket tuck and a Guru wallet holster. Even something that size has been much more comfortable IWB than pocket carry.

I guess if a much larger 14+1 metal frame compact can be justified for ccw then perhaps I should overlook the rail. I'm a revolver man at heart, I just want more capacity.

There's no grip safety on the PPS. It's a single-stack glock, basically.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Shithead Deluxe posted:

Clean and lightly lube it, then take it out for a spin!

Pretty much that. Enjoy the hell out of it. I didn't know OD frames were even available.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Alternatively, turn your wrist slightly to the left.

Or just fire until empty.

Or just keep count in your head.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

That's really loving slick. I'd leave it as is.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

I seriously considered a RAMI for carry for a long time, they're very cool guns.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Basticle posted:

Is your avatar supposed to be a hipster BG student or something?

Yeah, it was Febreeze's creation over in TFF.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Are there many holster options for a CZ P-07? For the life of me I'm not finding anything.

E: Ones with an option to include a TLR-1 would be awesome. Best to just make something custom with Kydex?

DJExile fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 20, 2014

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Sweet, thanks!

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Unless you sweat profusely [fat goon joke goes here] and keep losing grip on the gun, those hogue grips are painfully overrated. Stick with the factory ones for now and see how you like them.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Soupisgood posted:

Are there any wood grips for the cz 75 that are just a hair thinner then the stock grips? My pre B feels a touch too wide for me and I'd like something slicker for my B.

I believe the ones by Nill are a bit smaller. http://www.mactecsales.com/cz75_s/1936.htm

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I put a CGW Race Hammer and sear, sights, and a flat trigger on my Kadet and 75B, and didn't have much trouble. Everything was pretty straightforward.

God drat that's nice.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Mcqueen posted:

Got a lefty 452 Lux, thank you whoever posted the link to it on Buds. Luckily, the kinda blah scope I have clears the front sight post by about the thickness of a piece of paper. I tried to make the iron sights work but my eyes terrible and they will have to wait until I get new glasses. Besides that its amazing and super accurate and feels great and I just love it so much. Loves long walks on the beach and Eley Subsonic HP's.

Now my interest is piqued on CZ. I currently have a USP I'm in the process of selling and the CZ85 Combat is calling me. I can't find one to hold in the Seattle area yet so hopefully someone can tell me how the grip on the 85 compares to a full size USP. I'm really after something thinner and maybe longer. Basically, I want my Buckmark but in 9mm form. I know the aftermarket aluminum grips really take the width down, I'm just looking for confirmation.

452 bros

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

i heard we were posting 75s itt

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Bummey posted:

That rear sight is fuckin gnarly

Yeah it owns

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Mcqueen posted:

Pre-B 85 in fairly good condition for 500 bucks.

I should buy this right?

That's not bad. How many mags with it?

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Mcqueen posted:

Just one and no case. That and the mag issue screams 'just wait you idiot' to me. A brand new 85 combat is only about $100 more anyways.

Yeah I would hold off then

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

thermobollocks posted:

It's a running gag in the USPSA community that CZs and Tanfos are maintenance queens, even above and beyond S_Is. Parts availability exacerbates this.

So they're saying because a ton of parts are available out there, then they must suck? God they should hate 1911s then.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

that 75 Broseph edition is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

I'm now a few thousand rounds into the 452 Military Trainer and oh my god it is now my favorite gun I own. It's a laser at 100 yards.