Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Might as well give it another shot. The original CZ megathread had over 3000 replies at one point (IIRC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Goldfinger posted:

That looks really clean! Nice pickup.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Heintron posted:

Posting this here as well, I finally got the last parts for my "sbr" cz 75 shadow.
I still need a riser for the aimpoint, but that can wait.

Me showing how fast it is to install/uninstall the gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLIdv-Wfb-Y

I can hardly wait for some free time to go to the range with this.

What's the total weight of this setup?

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

kuffs posted:

I used to have a 452 silhouette and sold it because it was too easy to shoot with optics on it. (And it was right handed) Otherwise it was pretty boss.

How badly do I want this? http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/21738

It was eerily accurate. Of all of the 452's I've owned (four at last count), it was definitely the most accurate out of the box.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

So I owned a CZ75 PCR back in the day, and have a sudden craving for a new one.

That said, PCR or 75 SA? It won't be for carry, and frankly I'm more interested in a good trigger then a light package.

Is this what I should be looking at? Whittaker's has them for $467 + S/H: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_82/products_id/411536718/CZ-USA+CZ75+Single+Action+9mm+16rd

Is the trigger really black and flat stock as well? If so, that's awesome.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

I just saw these on SOG and thought it looked remarkably CZ-y. After a quick wiki search it's a CZ75 clone made in Italy for the Israelis. More info here.

If they're around after the first of the year I'm grabbing one to fill the 9mm hole in my heart.

Whoa, I don't have an SOG dealer account. Can you post more about these? Pictures, price, condition, etc.?

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

IuniusBrutus posted:

Do they actually have them in stock, though?

That said, while PCRs shoot really well for a compact, the full-sized steel framed CZs are simply a joy, and I would go with one if you aren't planning on carrying. The SA DOES come with a flat, black, over-travel adjustable trigger as well.

No idea, haven't called them yet. I'm still in the "should I" stage, as I just purchased an AK and am doing some mods.

EDIT: whoa, the ONLY CZ Whittaker's has in stock is the CZ P-07. That's CRAZY!

28_days fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 14, 2012

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Unskilled Labour posted:

The Shadow doesn't have a firing pin block. The only way to engage the safety on the Shadow is to either go cocked and locked or go to the half cock position, then engage the manual safety. It won't engage with the hammer all the way down. When I'm at the range and have my gun loaded and holstered (i.e. during practice or when I'm about to shoot a stage), I always have the hammer down and use the double action trigger pull. I'm guessing all CZ 75s that are DA/SA are the same, even with a firing pin block, but I could be wrong.

Edit: I just realised that I didn't actually answer your question, sorry. I know that de-cocker models like the Phantom will de-cock to that half cock position. But I don't know the exact reason for it.

Isn't it hammer back with a heavier DA pull? That's what I always assumed my PCR was. But then again it didn't have a manual safety. It does seem kind of overboard in that case.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Those are the only 2 pictures SOG had, and I just looked and they're now sold out Price was right around $300. There are a few on GB right now in various finishes, just search for "MOSSAD."

Bummey posted:

$300 for a mossad marked cz clone? I might not be able to pass that up.

God those things are awesome! Does anyone here own one?

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

What's the general consensus for CZ75B SAO magazines? Mec-gar? Where's the best place to purchase them?

Thanks!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

BrianM87 posted:

I think I'll get one eventually, but I'm looking for a carry gun right now.
If you find a place that has the PCR in stock or an B SAO let me know and I'll hook you up with some free shirts!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

IuniusBrutus posted:

gently caress CZCustom didn't actually have any CZ75s in stock.

Just a plain jane CZ75B? I'll keep an eye out for you while on my hunt.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Grabagun.com got some CZ's in!

http://grabagun.com/handguns.html?caliber=2740&cat=27&manufacturer=2382&price=1%2C1000

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Bummey posted:

Weren't you looking for a 75b SA? Some dude on mnguntalk just listed one, but in 40 with a 357 barrel.

Yes, in 9mm though

I'm actually torn between an S&W Shield (I have my CCW) or a 75B SAO. I realize they're completely different, but it's a toss up.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Alright I'm on a back order list at Damascus and Custom Guns for a CZ75 B SA in 9mm. If anyone comes across one in-stock for around $500 prior please let me know!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Operating Rod posted:

How are these things as 1911 substitutes?

That's a valid question.

I've actually been torn between a Shield, 1911, and CZ75B SA lately. I really know that I should hold out for the CZ, that's my plan anyways.

Hopefully someone will chime in.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

IuniusBrutus posted:

You will get much more gun for your money with a CZ than a 1911. 1911s are cool and all, but you simply aren't going to find one under $800 that is going to match the features or quality of a $500 CZ75. CZs are kind of a pain in the rear end to carry though, try and fondle a full-sized steel model to get a feel for how thick it is around the grip, and how heavy it is.

Thanks for this. I sold my first CZ, a PCR, back in college and have regretted it ever since. It's time to come back home.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

FWIW, Damascus Guns said they believe a new shipment of most CZ firearms will be arriving in January.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Bummey posted:

Hey 28_days, what's a good (preferably private, outdoor, or indoor for winter) range in Minneapolis? I'm gonna be moving there soon (Loring Park area) and will need one.

To be honest we have a very limited selection.

There's Bill's Gun Range in Robbinsdale, which is KINDA close, and Oakdale Gun Club. I don't know of any others in the area.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Basic question.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MCGCZ7516B

Yes I know, CTD, just an example. This is the MecGar magazine I'd want for a CZ75 B SA correct?

Thanks!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Thank you both!

Yes, I wish we had more options. I've heard whispers of a new range in the years to come (Element Arms guys maybe?), but it's a pipe dream right now.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Is there any reason not to purchase a Carbine 527 in .223 and a CZ455 FS?

Cheapest deals I can find:
527 - Bud's here: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/32400
455 - KYGUNCO here: http://www.kygunco.com/cz-455-fs-rifle-22-lr-5-round-walnut-59904

Has anyone seen cheaper?

Thanks!

PS: can anyone confirm if the Carbine comes with rings? I've seen yes and no. I'm not sure if I'll put a scope on or not.

EDIT: too late! Couldn't resist. Though they'll take 2-3 weeks to arrive : (

28_days fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 15, 2013

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Has anyone seen any 16 round CZ75 mags floating around?

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

ThinkFear posted:

I semi-panic bought six 15 rounders as they are discontinued and after the panic, probably won't ever be restocked. NJ is (currently...) limited to 15 rounds, so I didn't have a choice, but there seemed to be quite a few places that had 16 rounders in stock at reasonable prices. That was a week ago. Now, 16 rounders are unobtainium. Here's where I picked up my 15 rounders. $32 a piece, $7 flat rate shipping. They're still in stock, if you are willing to lose one round of capacity.

Thanks for this!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Paging CZ 527 carbine owners. Do you use a scope? If so, what rings are you using?

I have a Weaver 1.5-6x 1" diameter scope that I'd like to use, but am pretty sure my ultra low rings won't work. Suggestions?

Thanks!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

I'm still waiting for 16 rounders (the factory ones per se) to come back in stock.

Akion posted:

I have rings for mine, but I mostly use Irons. Uncle Caveman had it before me, and he had the bolt handle modified to fit low rings. He can probably provide more info on who did it as all I have in my e-mail from him is a name.

I'll probably get dedicated glass for it eventually, but right now it's just fine for me with irons.

Thanks!

Uncle Caveman posted:

Bunnielab (the previous owner of mine & Akion's 527) had the bolt handle modified by James Calhoon to fit lower rings - note the "scooped" upper portion of the handle:

(better shot here)

Also note that in order to really take advantage of the modded handle, you apparently need Calhoon's custom low rings (available from the "Price Lists" link, near the bottom of the page). The 527 receiver has 16mm dovetails so normal Weaver/etc rings won't work.

...and thank you as well!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Still on the hunt for a CZ75 B SA in 9mm.

Please let me know if you have any leads. I'm already on Damascus Guns and CZ Custom's waiting lists.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

A local store had two of them when I went by today: http://www.gunenvystore.com/ I believe they were both $449 or $499, I don't remember; they also had P-07s for $449.

I'll give them a call Sunday morning. Thank you!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

martinlutherbling posted:

Sorry! Stupid phone posting...
My plan is pretty much to sell it and pick up an SP-01. I dont use the decocker and Id really like an SA trigger, plus I used to hate the long frame look, but it's really grown on me and now I'm kind of sick of the standard 75 look. Luckily, my local shop has plenty of CZ pistols so picking one up wont be an issue.

Do they by change have a CZ75B SA in 9mm as well? Can you send me the name of the shop at 1791apparel [at] gmail.com?

Thanks!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Did you call the shop I posted?

Can't until Monday, but am planning to do so right away! Again I really appreciate it. I'm crossing my fingers.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Did you call the shop I posted?

No dice. The lady on the phone says its a BD. Thanks though!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

They had a B and a BD on Saturday, I guess they sold the B. Sorry man.

No worries. Thanks again!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Does anyone have any recommendations on eBay grips for a fullsize CZ75? I'm leaning towards wood, but there's A TON of offerings. Any experience?

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Thanks everyone who posted!

Unskilled Labour posted:

I love the Cocobolo grips on my Shadow. I got mine locally via an Australian distributor, but I think Midway, CZ USA or CZ Custom should have them as well. I haven't specifically checked Ebay though.

This is the color I'm going for. How big are they?

EDIT: these look to be it http://czcustom.com/CZ_75-CZ_85-Full-Size-Thin-Coco-Bolo-Full-Checker.aspx

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Haha, God. I have to get more sleep!

Alright, building on this we have AL grips which seem to be made by CZCustom, and VZ Grips made by, well, VZ Grips. Both appear to be about the same thickness. The AL grips are a bit more expensive. Does anyone have experience with both? I'd like something thing with a decent texture, maybe these: https://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/cz-75-frag/cz-75-frag-black-cherry.

But at the end of the day I want something that feels good to shoot. Grip is great, within reason.

28_days fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 3, 2013

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Uncle Caveman posted:

Let's try this again

What kind of swivels do you have on your 527? Do they stop before they hit the stock (some of the factory CZ ones do)?

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Time for my monthly post.

Still on the lookout for a NIB CZ75B SA in 9mm.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

IuniusBrutus posted:

gently caress if he doesn't want it I'd take it.

You should ask him if he will ship.

Thanks Bud, but I'm holding out for NIB at this point. I appreciate it though!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

priznat posted:

Not really any reason to get the 455 over the 452, just the 452 is no longer being made so there won't be any showing up in stores.

I have a 455FS and I love it. Gets attention at the range too because it's very purty.

Agreed.

I feel the built quality of my CZ455FS exceeds that of my CZ527 carbine as well. It's very, very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

cougar cub posted:

Great thanks - I've found a retailer with the 452 in stock so I'll try and grab it. Haven't seen anyone carry a 455FS up here, so I'll just have to look at the pretty pictures of it instead!

You really can't go wrong either way. Early congrats on the purchase, good choice!