Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

I do have the desire for an EVO, but are they hard to come by now or something ? a guy has a slightly ued one local (200 rounds through it) for $750 .. is that a decent grab or can I order them all day at that price ?

Buds and other online places seem to have zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

well, poo poo. Sent a message off to see what is included

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

2 mags are standard come with right ? Seems like it everything NIB for $750 + transfer.

I think i need to get this. Unless I can grab it online NIB for the same for little effort... but again, I haven't seen any in stock anywhere

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Bummey posted:

They come with two 20rd mags new. 750 + transfer? Are you having it shipped or do you live in a state that requires a 4473 for face to face sales? Even with transfer fees you're coming out well below any price you'll find online.

$750 plus transfer face to face via FFL. My state requires pistol transfer via FFL.

Well, guess I need to buy this then and worry about a form 1. Please CZ make local stocks and 30rnd mags, also please let there be no big flaw in the first production run

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

It better be significantly under $200 because that stock has a fixed $200 tax stamp associated with it.

Now by the time my stamp comes in I could just get a real stock vs at buffer kit as a midstream option

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Ok, not gonna lie, locking the bolt back and hand slapping it down into battery is loving cool.

Been doing it all night. The takedown is pretty slick too.
Its fairly awkward as just a pistol, soba form 1 is asap.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

NoT sure about CZ specifically, but $750 seems the going rate for .223 bolt actions. Less so for the savage axis

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Kylaer posted:

Is the ATF actually approving Form 1s for these? I thought there was a concern that they wouldn't because of being made overseas.

And where do you get it engraved, since it's mostly polymer? Is it legal to just engrave the polymer?

Edited to add: is the front sight post interchangeable with other AR15 posts? It looks identical. I'd want to put one of those KNS crosshair posts on, because it's my favorite gimmick.

1: The ATF is approving form 1's (so long as you fill them out correctly, citing CZ not CZ-USA, etc). The ATF ruled that 922r still applies even in SBR status, so technically you are in violation of it if you posses a EVO SBR because there are zero kits available now. A month or two from now? Welp, its not really easy to tell without an in depth inspection of what has US stamped on it.

The ATF says that a form 1 approval is the 'A OK to make an SBR', but you still have to legally make it. Meaning you have the OK to make it when kits arrive. yes. This is stupid

2) Most people are engraving on the plastic shell, on the side with the serial. Bonus is that any old shop can engrave plastic to depth, no need to go full on laser. The barrel is also an option. I can't find pics of anyone actually engraving yet, just form 1 approvals. And only a handfull of those have actually gone through considering the length of time the EVo was able to be bought vs approval times.

3) yes, replace it with a standard ar15 front sight post. The rear has 4 apertures, but I want to get mine to the range because I see reports of sights needing to me adjusted all the way to one side. but without a stock the sights are really hard to use, they may get popped off for red dot use in the short term.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

timn posted:

Does anyone with a Scorpion Evo know of a magazine loader that will work? I can't find anything definite on google, and I don't know what to look for from the various "universal" loaders out there.

I haven't had trouble hand loading the 20s, but the 30s might be trouble. But I don't have them yet.
I guess t he usual loaders dont work because they are so double stacked there isn't one place to push down, I have to alternate loading them in

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

The 75 or 75b? Not the one with expensive parts and mags, right?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

I got a few 30 rounders, and they are importing them in exponentially greater numbers. They also rock socks.

I got the safety delete, but didn't put it on place yet, my last outing felt much better and I imagine with stock its a non issue.

My SBR will come in when stocks do as well. And I'll get a octaine 45 for it as well.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

The bolt and spring are heavy as poo poo. Man up, Felicia.

Although sometimes I feel like the charging handle is just wrong engonometics wise to apply the proper leverage in all situations.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Are you shooting it with the hard to pull back bok, or just dry firing?

Its possible your bolt/spring is not aligned and needs a reseat. Sometimes it gets bowed when slow forwarding it w
During disassembly

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Its an issue but I'm not one of those guys storing all my mags loaded for shtf at home.

There is a replacement program for the mags if they broke, but yes no spring trade in program yet

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Also they are straight vs the needed angle for the proper stock so yoir cheek weld will suck, and those sights are low.

I have heard fuckall about the stocks except for 'end of summer'

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Bummey posted:

If you thought mags were hard to find in stock..

Everybody wants mags, people without evos even were buying the max stock 6 at a time, every time.

The people that paid $200 and decided to wait three months is much less. I have hope these come in stock and I grab one when my form one comes in right around then.

I even scored 3 mags and a safety delete without trouble.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Label Facing Right posted:

Has anyone else with the Scorpion not been able to zero the irons? Took mine out yesterday to zero the red dot and irons and the front sight bottoms out before I can get it on target. Not that I care that much, since I'm just going to be shooting paper with this and probably won't ever need the irons, but it would be nice. All I can say is I can't wait till my stamp comes in and I can throw a stock on this thing.

mine are spot on, but i have read reports that the shell for the rail is warped? and making it tough to zero irons. I can;t remember what the one guy on arfcom did, but i would contact CZ about it.

I hope you dont run into a problem where they will repalce the shell, as that holds the serial, and you put that down already for a stamp.

Have you tried moving the rear a bit to see if the one section only of the rail is off ?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

The evo was always meant to have a stock, nobody in their right mind would want to shoot this as a pistol. Maybe with a tight sling/magwell hold, but its awkward.

I would have rather had an open notch for one of the 3-4 aperatures they gave in the rear sight, as it makes it hard to use a dot unless you get a taller riser.

Some people have cut off one of the aperatures as well.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

$200 for a kit I'm only going to use the stock from. gently caress swappibg baseplates and triggers before there are full replacement packs available.

I'm already committed to a suppressed subgun with stock. I have to buy it. Its almost as expensive as my suppressed sbr kick

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Is that cheaper then cz themselves are selling it for or was $199 the suggested price?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

k-var has more preorder kits up for the scorpion but they seem to be $199 now.

no idea still on when they are actually getting them

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

ZebraBlade posted:

Im really confused about those kvar kits since CZ has said they have no plans to sell them to dealers or distributors at this time.

Wait, really? Everyone talks like kvar has stock in what is getting imported. If cz USA store sells them exclusively for the first month until kvars shipment comes in I'm gonna be a tad pissy. Might as we cancel and roll the dice on the store. At least cz is limiting to one

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Bummey posted:

I got a response from Kvar today. They say CZ will start distributing Scorpion Evo 922(r) kits to dealers in mid to late August, at which point Kvar will start shipping orders immediately. They didn't comment on how many kits they expect to receive or the number of pre-orders they've already taken.

It seems that kvar had one round of pre order (@$179) which are probably the august shipment.. then they stopped accepting them. All of a sudden there was the ability to preorder again (@$199) which is probably some laer, 2nd shipment. I sincerely hope not or they are going to get a ton of canceled ordered as we grab them from the cz store direct

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

kits are still 'a few weeks out'

but gently caress it, i want to do stupid things, like duracoat the gun white. Basic plastic krylon is probably what i want, right ?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

We are only a few short weeks away from evo stocks for a couple months now.

Any day..

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Its still gonna be fun and I love it every minute of the day.

I could always go with ar stocks, but they just look stupid.

Evos are also much cooler when you go full retard and buy suppressors and all the accessories too. Kind of like winning by getting all the points in hearts.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

ugghh the evo stock has taken so long to come out my card is already changed over to the chip and pin. CZ has until 10/31 to ship or my preorder with kvar will get denied from a new card number

YOU HAVE YOUR DEADLINE CZ

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

I don't know to laugh or cry this is the 2nd purchase of mine you can lol to.

:/

I'm gonna make them both awesome. I'll show you what I can do, and you will be so jealous.

gently caress YOU DAD

(The second I break down and buy a ar buffer tube adaptor the stocks will come out, I just know it)

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

supposedly there is a guy on ebay selling legit CZ Evo stocks (100% made in CZ) for a reasonable price (same as kvar)

he had a bunch, and is getting a new shipment in on 10/16.. and then nothing until January 2016. People are chomping at the bit to blow up his ebay page

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

ZebraBlade posted:

They are the old/airsoft version with the plastic hinge. The military and new version stocks have a metal hinge, which I will gladly wait for.

quote from people who bought them:

"They are the original versions with the lower profile butt and no magnet. No airsoft stocks are involved in this. They sell mil surplus goods"

As i understand it, plastic was the original style, and the metal / magnet was a feature of the new style

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Cz is being really lovely overall with the whole thing. Most people in the industry agree 922 doesnt apply to nfa items, but cz is insistent on meeting it, fine.

The compliance kits are ready to go, except for the one part in the stock they are using as a us part. So sell the kits separately for people not using the cz stock, or sell the full cz stock as is for people that swapped out enough parts already.

Why is individuals meeting 922 on each and every gun cz problem? Make parts available, put up the standard disclaimer. Every gun that has a rifle and pistol form has a disclaimer that you should check and meet laws before you buy, why is this situation any different?

Is cz personally checking its okay for me to even own the evo in my state? Are they making sure I'm only buying 10 round mags?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Label Facing Right posted:

So my F1 for my Scorpion should be getting approved next week sometime, and since the 922whateverthefuck kit is indefinitely delayed I went ahead and ordered a buffer tube adapter so I can at leas have a little fun once I get my stamp (baby's first NFA and all that).

What's the over/under on CZ releasing the stock kit in the next week since I just dropped $75ish on a stop-gap stock?

Funny you mention. People have been buying the stock direct from people in the czech republic and getting them shipped to the US. This prompted someone to rant to cz about how its easier to eBay the stock then buy from them. They responded with:

quote:

While we are still waiting on stocks from our factory, some people in the Czech Republic who can purchase them are selling them to individuals in the United States, or mailing them individually to people in the US. We have gotten word that our factory is packing up about 500 stocks for one shipment, with about 800 on a second shipment that will follow that in less than a week. Hopefully the stocks will be here in about 2 weeks, and then we just have to package up the kits.

Christopher Watson
Sales Assistant
800-955-4486 x 354
fax: 913-321-2251
CZ-USA

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Supposedly cz USA is being a right bitch about 922. And they are putting a kit together with one of the stock bits being the US part.

This is pissing people off because some people have enough us parts in other bits to use a stock as is, or went with a different stock and want to get the kit.

That stock part was supposedly the hold up.. And it seems. They are shipping soon to the US, to get repacked and shipped to retailers, to then get packed and shipped to Leo /mil orders and pre orders. loving cluster gently caress.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

It seems that I will have bought,, filed a form 4 , and will receive my suppressor for the evo before my stock kit preorder gets filled :)

you are slower then the US government, CZ.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Bummey posted:

Ps manticore arms' 3lug adapters are out now for $50.

But the 3lug octane part is $135 or something :/

People have posted good results with just the proper thread pitch direct thread adaptor, which is probably what I am doing.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

The Rat posted:

What's the situation with the 922 compliance SBR kit for the Evo? Out yet? Any ETA?

A week or two ago a rep from cz-usa said they were a couple weeks away from shipping x hundred stocks to the states for cz to repackage and ship out. A couple weeks after that x*2 stocks will ship again.

So, who the hell knows for sure. People were literally buying the old gen mil stocks from Czech nationals and getting them shipped here.

My stock preorder is racing my form 4, and the form 4 is about to win

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Cz is also supposedly stopping evo shipments to the USA until next year.

2016 version has proper threading, fde option, and qd backplate

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Bummey posted:

arfcom rumor mill

*cough* Facebook rumor mill

I honestly don't care, stock Is in soon, and there is aftermarket for ever part. But lol at people cerekotibg for $300 when c will make fde for $15 more next year

Edit I'll just paste it

quote:

Just got off the phone with CZ USA LE/MIL rep Chris Watson. CZ just stopped shipping any and all Scorpions to the USA. CZ corporate told them they "reached their allocation for the year". This includes LE sales, any pending orders, etc. Chris advised that many CZ USA employees are frustrated too as they don't have one yet, since customer orders came first. They gave me the option to wait for the new models in 2016 (whenever that may be) or order another firearm. I got the impression this was sudden and unexpected. Obviously, you can pick up the gun from a dealer if it's on the shelf, but I cringe at what the prices will rise to.

On the positive side, 2016 models will have a barrel with 1/2x28 threads and a QD on the back plate. A FDE model will be available for $15 more. 922r kits will still be sold, no word on FDE stocks yet.

Roundboy fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 28, 2015

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I still can't use my Osprey even with the right threading, grrr

Why not, lots of people use that. You just need a moon to 'murica adaptor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Cz sold stocks on the page for about 5 min today apparently.

Stuff is shipping. No word from kvar though