Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

If you don't own a CZ you're a bad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Juice posted:

I love these guns, but I can't help thinking I won't be happy with how thin the slide is (vertically). Are you bothered by the relative lack of grip space to actuate the slide (say, compared to a 1911)?

I felt the same way. Then I realized that most of the time I actually need to touch the slide, it's already locked back and the surface area is a nonissue. There IS a learning curve, but it's easy to get over.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Are there any other trigger options for decocker CZ-75s aside from the combat trigger? It came with the recurve trigger, which pinched my finger. I swapped it out for a CZ-85 Combat trigger which isn't as aggressively curved. It also pinches the bottom of my finger. The straight match trigger looks fantastic for my purposes, but it's for safety models only.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Giant Isopod posted:

Edit: DINOSAUR GUN.

It's no Larry Flynt Edition, but minus the gold controls this is hot. Even better if they can do grips with petrified wood inlay.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

I've never owned a pistol before, and I am pretty sure I want of a cz of some sort in 9mm or similar caliber to plink with. Is there any particular model I should keep an eye out for? (I'm hoping to buy used) And what price point should I expect?

You want a CZ-75. You can get a police surplus CZ-75 or CZ-75 compact for under $400 pretty easily, and new/lightly used CZ-75 or P-01s for under $450. An SP-01 should be around $500-$550. If 9mm isn't cheap enough, another $250 gets the Kadet kit, which converts a CZ-75 to .22. CZ-82s and -83s are even cheaper at around $200-$300, but you may pay a little more for 9x18 ammo if you don't buy in bulk, they aren't as pleasant shooting, and they have smaller aftermarkets. They're fine plinkers though.

If those won't work, Tanfoglio and EAA both make good quality CZ clones. You'll get some additional cosmetic and frame size options, but they're essentially the same guns and have a lot of parts commonality with CZs.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Has anyone got a closeup picture or diagram of how the decocker spring is supposed to sit on a CZ-75 trigger group? I tore mine down and now the decocker is all .

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

king of the bongo posted:

You need a slave pin. That little v shaped spring with the loop at the bottom of the v is slipping out most likely when you try to put that sub assembly back into the frame.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=19127.0

On my phone but that should help you out.

Those pictures help. I keep loving with it.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Bummey posted:

CZs do fine with steel cased ammo. I get the occasional light primer strike with my Shadow, but I attribute that to the lighter mainspring. My stock configuration PCR never had a problem with steel cased ammo over a thousandish rounds.

My ex-Czech po-surp -75d Compact is unusable with aluminum and steel cased. It'll stovepipe every 3-4 rounds but has no issues with brass in factory Mec-gar mags.:

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Plus the 527 is just well built enough to get most of the performance that x39 is capable of providing, at a reasonable price. You can spend thousands on a .223, .308, 6.5, etc squeezing the last 5% of performance out of $1/rd handloads, or get a 527 and get 90% performance for 1/4 the end price.

It's not trying to do something that the caliber isn't capable of doing- like a "long range" .223. I'd compare its role more to a .357 lever action than a traditional bolt gun like a Remington 700.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Scratch Monkey posted:

P07 for carry y/n?

If n does CZ make a compact allow framed pistol with a manual safety yet?

The P02 should be out Soon. Maybe. Eventually. Soon-ish.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

IuniusBrutus posted:

editedit: I'd also like to make a point of mentioning how much I hate this trigger.

CZ trigger bite bro I really do want to like my Compact, but after 3 mags it's just a (literal) pain to shoot.

I've debated taking a blowtorch or file to the trigger and straightening it out. It's not a competition or defense gun, so whatever.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Colonial Air Force posted:

Too bad Australian babies aren't poisonous, then there wouldn't be a dingo problem.

How do you think the dingos got to be poisonous in the first place?

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

What kind of idiot posts a rare $3000 gun and only lists one blurry picture.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

I wouldn't get too hung up comparing to the PPQ. The PPQ trigger is absurdly short.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Yeah, send it off to CZ Custom, get an SAO conversion, trigger cleanup, maybe a new hammer.

Personally, I'd go balls out on it and forget trying to preserve the safety features. They'll really gimp trigger performance, because that's what they're designed to do. Use the PPQ for your defensive needs, and the CZ for range fun. Don't try to half do it.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

My -75D Compact chokes on Blazer aluminum. Can't fire 5 rounds without FTE or double feed.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Basticle posted:

So Sphinx has their own take on a RAMI-sized CZ

$1195

quote:

Magazine capacity 15+1

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Purple. With gold rhinestones.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

CZ-97 near me on Armslist for $625 with one mag. Worth looking at for that price?

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Black polycoat. The local gunshop had a blued one, but they wanted $800 for it and it's been on the shelf for over a year now. Blued semiautos do little for me anyways. Pretty, but $800 is 1911 territory.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Azuren posted:

What are the current CZ offerings for NIB .22LR bolt rifles? Needs to have irons and not be ultra-expensive. Last time I asked it sounded like the 452 military trainer was exactly what I'm looking for, but I believe I read in here that the 452 series are being phased out? What are the options nowadays?

CZ455 Lux. It's a 452 with a modular barrel, so you can slap on .17hmr or .22mag or something if you get bored. I think they're still making the 452 military trainer, though it may be hard to find new.

But yeah, define ultra-expensive. I paid $150 for a Norinco copy of a Brno 452. The stock is utter poo poo, but the action is smooth and it's every bit as nice a shooter as a legit 452. You've got 100+ years of really nice .22 bolt guns floating around. CZ is the place to start if you MUST have it new, but the Savage FVSR is pretty popular around here as well.

Then there's stuff like this if you can deal with the wear:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=347016893

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=347026963

Those would have been equivalent of $1000 rifles, new.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

1791apparel posted:

Gentlemen, I'm on a mission to find a kydex holster for my CZ75B that I can mount to my car's glove box (I have a small convertible).

Does anyone own one of these: http://www.zahal.org/products/imi-cz-75b-polymer-holster

The paddle attachment makes me think that I could mount it through the two holes on the back. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: does anyone know where I could find a Kydex body like this WITHOUT the cant? http://www.ebay.com/itm/IWB-Kydex-Leather-Hybrid-Holster-CZ-75-P-07-/280874414611

It would probably be easiest to get a few sheets of kydex and a heat gun and DIY. That way you have more control over the fit and concealment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

That's normal, especially if they test fired it at the factory.