Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

We have a Glock Megathread. We have a Sig megathread. Hell we even have a 1911 Megathread. So why not have a CZ megathread.

CZ, as an abbreviation actually can refer to a few different manufacturers. Some of those are not even Czech, but these we are not particularly interested in. Primarily, the focus here is the CZ we all know and love, Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod.

CZ does all sorts of various different things. Like milsurp, polygonally-rifled Makarov-chambered pistols like the VZ. 82.

Or then there's the VZ. 52. CZ Strakonice, thank you Professor Awesome

Or then there's their 75 series.

Or their sexy bolt-action rifles.

CZ also does Dan Wesson guns, but I believe they're more of a distributor there, so I can't comment on that.

Official Manufacturer's page
The Wikipedia Page
CZ Custom. These guys do custom CZ
CZ-USA
Czechpoint-USA, these guys do our VZ 58 and 61 imports
Marshall Grips. This guy does neat grips.
Cajun Gun Works - parts, and they work on CZs

There are a few companies that make clones of CZ pistols, most notable that I can think off the top of my head is Tanfoglio, there are also Israeli/Turkish/other clones. Discussion of such is more than welcome here.

Tanfoglio's website here

And a CZ pile to finish off the op. More info to be added.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IuniusBrutus posted:

Everyone else - buy a CZ. You can get a police-surplus 75 for under $350 still, and they aren't in bad shape at all.

Stop. Tempting. Me.
Question, would the slide from a 75 B fit on a pre-B 75? Something about a reverse-dual-tone 75 with the old hammer style just strikes my fancy...

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shnitzel posted:

So I recently got a CZ75B with the omega trigger and I had some questions:
2. Looking for wood grips, but not a big fan of hakim's stuff. I want full checkered, nice wood. Possibly CZ OEM because I like the factory shape with the thumb contour.. Do they have any nice ones?

Have you checked out http://www.marschalgrips.com/ ? I've heard good things about them.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Then why aren't we talking about 97B s?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scottish_Loser posted:

Yeah I got my CZ-75B from a gun show a ways back. NIB 2 mags out the door for $430. Did I get a good price? Also it has "night sights" (read: glow in the dark after a quick charge with a flashlight) :3

Yes. Don't ask me how much I paid for my 75B, I will literally cry.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rough Lobster posted:

Are their centerfire rifles as well regarded? I love classic looking wood-stocked rifles.

They're great rifles, Not cheap by any means, but it helps if you're in the market for something with irons in this day and age.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lemme know how you like the Kadet kit. I've been kicking around the idea of picking one up myself.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Are you sure you're not riding the slidestop by accident?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Do we have any particular goon who's the "everyone get a VZ-58" cheerleader?

Everyone! Get a VZ-58!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uncle Caveman posted:

x39. I considered the .223 version since I am a huge FONV...

My 527 is in .223 and I can echo the sentiment of how pleasant these things are to shoot.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IuniusBrutus posted:

So, people should give me reasons to not buy a vz.61 Skorpion, since CDNN has them for $400 and they are pretty much awesome.

No. Get it.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Varmint. Both the Lux and the American have irons I believe.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IuniusBrutus posted:

How well do the CZ centerfire rifles do on accuracy?

Very well.

IuniusBrutus posted:

I want a bolt gun that I can do target shooting out to 600 yards with, but can I get respectable results from them? I'll be handloading, and I'd prefer .223/7.62 but if those won't do too well than I will go for a larger centerfire caliber.

At 600? You might want to ask the long-range shooting thread. The issue for me wouldn't be the rifle itself but more the caliber. 7.62x39 isn't exactly known for long-range shooting, .223 maybe. Overall they're incredibly nice and accurate rifles .

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Colonial Air Force posted:

Can we also talk about derivatives in here?

Aside from math jokes, I don't see why not. We're already talking Poo-Tang-Foglios here.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Not really, no. Or you'd have to be super-dilligent with your cleaning.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yep. My Czechpoint 58 was actually assembled by Waffen Works, I don't remember who does the reciever. The barrels are also chromed, and there are a few other differences. From what I've heard, Czechpoint rifles are more polished, and have better machining, but the centuries are cheaper so v0v.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kommienzuspadt posted:

You should ditch that attitude rikki-tik if you are actually going to be lowering a hammer on a loaded chamber. Otherwise you WILL have an ND.

I'll be the dumb person to say that I don't even get why people lower hammers on empty chambers on 82s. Cocked and Locked or bust.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I actually carried a CZ-82 cocked and locked for a year and change. Worked quite well for me. If you're going to ever carry an 82, pick up a crossbreed supertuck holster. They make them for 83s but 82s fit and stay in just fine.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sig...brace?..

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oh yeah,several years down the line I've tossed a few of the useful links (Marshall, CGW) from the last few pages of the thread into the OP. Feel free to yell at me to let me know if anything else needs to be up there.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeesGrandpa posted:

Anyone have opinions on the CZ P07 Kadet kit?

It's neat and good.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeesGrandpa posted:

Cool, and to confirm you're not just talking about the normal Kadet kit for the other CZs right? The 07 one is hella different

Yep. The usual disclaimers about semi-autos and .22 ammo apply.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fleshwalker posted:

*with the CZ75 compact? I've watched reviews on it, but i've also heard from people IRL that it's a piece of poo poo, for one thing or another, being recoil, or poo poo breaking, finish being bad, etc.

Honest answer, fanboys of any particular manufacturer like to poo poo on all other manufacturers for being pieces of poo poo, being unreliable, etc, etc, autistic screeching.

Autistic screeching aside, a modern CZ75(compact, whatever) is a fine gun and will serve you well. Are there things that might break or the finish might chip or something if you shoot the drat thing more than 2k rounds a day, daily for years? Yeah probably. Is this going to affect every single handgun on the market? You betcha. Will this ever affect 99.9999999% of any goon shooters? Hell to the Naw, and even then I notice more people with raceguns here in the CZ thread for :reasons:.

The recoil is fine, no more than any comparable gun, probably less than a few. (For instance - I don't like the way 9mm glocks recoil, but this is just my preference.) I've never experienced any problems with finish on any of my CZs and poo poo hasn't really ever broken. They tend to be a bit stiff when you first pick them up, but they generally tend to smooth out ~200 rounds in. In my experience this goes for pretty much all new guns though.

If you have a chance - head out to a range that lets you rent guns, and see if they have what you're looking for, and try it out.

And if you ever hear a gun nerd sperging out about such and such a model being a piece of poo poo recoil monster and they aren't talking about some obviously silly handcannon or saturday night special, it probably isn't, and it's just their nerd fantasy getting the best of them. Or they shoot guns way more than most people in this hobby, and have some pretty specific circumstances and reasons as to why they chose one platform over another. (Notable exception is things like the remington r51, but you'll find pretty detailed explanations as to why and how exactly they are crap).

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 11, 2017

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pham Nuwen posted:

I was loving around with my CZ-82 last night, unloaded, magazine out. I cocked the hammer and set the safety, then was unable to release the safety again. I can click it down just a little bit but not enough to move the slide. I tried putting the magazine in empty and loving with things, putting it in with some snap caps and fiddling, no luck.

So the hammer is back, the magazine is out. The trigger guard will pop down as usual but of course I can't pull the slide off. Any suggestions?

Sounds like there's something else funky that's going on. Pop the grip panels off and see what's going on there. The safety lever is a pretty big fuckoff bar thing that you should be able to see once those suckers are off.

Also once the panels are off, I believe you should have access to the various pins that hold the hammer and safety in place. (it's been forever since I sold my 82)

Usual "keep your poo poo in a plastic bag unless you want exploded gun bits and no gun" caveat applies.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 1, 2017

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Admiral Bosch posted:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/8021421/colorado-rifles-for-sale--cz-550-fs-30-06

450 bucks for a rifle I really really want, but it's got a fracture in the stock. Worth it or nah? I'm not a woodworker and I don't know how easily repairable this kind of thing is.

I'd say worth it for the action alone - you could bubba a repair with a drill, two holes, a screw and a dowel. It wouldn't be pretty by any means, but it'd work.
Aftermarket stocks are available too.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1. Looks like Tanfoglio at one point did some manufacture for IWI or whatnot.

2. Do it. The ported barrel seems like a hoot.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 1, 2018

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rad as heck.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bizzarely p07 kadet kits were/are suddenly available for 220ish over at buds.

You bet your rear end i have one on the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

p07 kadet trip report.

Locking the slide back was inconsistent, even with mini mags, but it randomly did it with Aguila SSS Sniper Subsonics?

Other than that, it's really fun.