Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Mishaco posted:

I bought some pre-B CZ-75s late last year for my store. I won't lie, it was hard not to keep one for myself. At least 1 of them found a home witha goon.

Yup, and it owns. See below.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Pre-B with no import marks. I love this gun.

This is sweet. Mine is Czech po-surp so it has a CAI import stamp and it's beat to hell finish wise (particularly on the front/top of the slide), but I've only had it a few hours and I'm already in love with it. Thanks misha!

OWLS! posted:

Have you checked out http://www.marschalgrips.com/ ? I've heard good things about them.

Any thread about CZs isn't complete without discussing Marschal grips. I've got some on my vz. 82 and my Sig P6, and absolutely love them. Really high quality, lots of different types of wood...absolutely worth the money/wait.

IuniusBrutus posted:

Except the decocker. Probably should just forget that exists.

Decocker on a SAO gun.

My CZ collection includes a vz. 52, a vz. 70, a vz. 82, and a CZ-75. I fully intend on picking up a vz. 24 and vz. 27 to finish out the historical Czech handgun collection (I'll probably wind up snagging a vz. 38 as well at some point, just because it looks so drat goofy). Also a vz. 52/57 and some sort of vz. 58. I'd like to get some sort of .22 because they look like so much fun, but my high quality .22 bolt action desire has been sated by my Kimber 82G and Mossberg M44.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Basticle posted:

Theres a few other things higher up on my list of guns to buy but eventually I'd kind of like to get a 75

this gunbroker seller has a number of Pre-B Czeck police-trade ins for under $350. random example. they seem to be in pretty good shape. Good deal?

The pre-B police trade ins are great guns, and under $350 is a good price. Snap one up if you want it. I really enjoy shooting mine.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Giant Isopod posted:

How often do you run around with it and just yell "SPHINX!"

Because I would probably do that all day whilst giggling constantly.

You're also required to play this music any time you take out the gun.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

IuniusBrutus posted:

Excellent buy. Ditch the grip sleeve though and get the CZ cocobolo grips, or at the very least the factory rubbers.

Yeah, that gun deserves the classiest of grips.

I guess these should probably be posted in the CZ thread as well...have some CZs:

drat you Century!

Want to see what a typical pre-B with the enamel finish looks like?

Personally, I really dig the finish wear.

The whole family, for now anyway:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

ShaneB posted:

Here are some real photos of the transitional pre-B my father-in-law gave me. First gun photos ever so go easy on me. Shot, cleaned, lubed, and photo'd today.

If those are your first gun photos you are light years ahead of 95% of the gun owning population in this country.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

IuniusBrutus posted:

I want to say that some museum curator (iirc from a government museum of some kind. maybe at one of the military academies?) wrote a letter saying the vz.82 had historical significance.

I'm willing to bet the ATF would approve original short-rail CZ-75s as C&R, but that would be of zero consequence to any of us.

Curator of the West Point Museum. One of the clauses in the section of USC that defines what qualifies a firearm as a C&R states that a gun can become a C&R if a curator of a "municipal, state, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms" finds that the gun is "a curio or relic of museum interest." Here's a link to the ATF letter from the technology branch.

So basically someone Cyrano needs to become a curator at a podunk municipal museum that exhibits a couple of firearms (or hell, just create your own museum with your own firearms) and start spamming the ATF with letters requesting various firearms to be put on the C&R list.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

IuniusBrutus posted:

That said, Pre-Bs with round trigger guards and spur hammers are dope as gently caress.

Yes they are:

Bonus points for having some serious po-surp holster wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

I've got the CZ rubber grips on my -85 right now, and they're a little too wide for my taste. Anyone have a recommendation for thin(ner) wood grips? Some people have mentioned Marschal grips, but their website looks like something from 1999. Are they legit?

Marschal grips are pretty sweet, they just take a little while to arrive because they are literally mailed via international priority from Hungary.