Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Just got a call from my FFL and the CZ75 SP-01 I ordered is on its way to the shop

My first 9mm, I haven't even shot a 9mm before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Cheapest place for 19 round mec gear mags? http://www.cdnninvestments.coms has them for $30.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

CZ75 SP-01 gets to stay at the gun shop for a few weeks. My kitty swallowed a sewing needle today and needed surgery. Good thing the guys at my local shop are cool as gently caress and will hold it for as long as I need.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

I decided that I no longer needed to have two 10/22's, so I sold one to my dealer for the same price I bought it for 4 years ago, and picked up my SP-01.

All I can say is gently caress you all for not forcing me to buy one of these loving things earlier. It inst even funny how awesome these pistols are. It makes steel disappear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVb8zSomRCc.

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 26, 2011

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

SP-01 holster choices for competition? I know bladetech makes one and double alpha makes one, but is that it? I like how the double alpha one looks and the fact that it is suede lined so it wont gently caress up the finish like both my 1911s have.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Found my old camera and realized I had not taken pictures of my new CZ, and I happened to have Czech beer in the fridge.

xpostin from the pic thread

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

I am torn if I want to get SAO done on my SP-01 or just have the trigger cleaned up. Does anyone know what exactly can be done to it and still be USPSA production legal? For some reason I shoot production much better than limited but it would be a good excuse to practice and get better to keep up with the competition in limited.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

IuniusBrutus posted:

Only thing that concerns me is that it comes with 2 10 rounds ban mags, which means its likely at least 6 or 7 years old, and thus out of warranty.

This normally wouldn't bother me, but since I'd honestly rather have the black than nickle finish, even after transfer fees, I can get a new 75 for only 70 bucks more.

I think you answered your own question. The CZ warranty is pretty limited anyways and I don't know if it covers used guns.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Ran my SP-01 for our steel challenge shoot today. For some reason one of my mags was not holding open on the last shot. Any telltale signs to look for? it works when I was manually pulling the slide, but it will not work %100 of the time with live fire cycling. Took 3rd below a GM and a M and above 3 other M level shooters

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

priznat posted:

Blade-tech makes holsters and stuff for SP-01s, it's what I'm planning on getting for gun games.. The drop+offset one.

I have a DAA for my SP-01 and its way better than a bladetech for about the same price.

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/Double%252dAlpha-Academy-PDR-Holster.html

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 3, 2011

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

The 17 round SP01 mags from Mecgear are very very nice, but I was hoping to find some of the 19 round mags. Anyone know where on the web I can find some. Added bonus I will sell my 17 rounders at a steep discount if someone helps me find the 19's!

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

hagrd posted:

^^^
righteous

Sphinx3000

What is the level of parts compatibility between the sphinx and a CZ75? Would even the grips match or is it just different enough?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Does mec-gear not make the 19 round cz75 mags anymore because I can not find them anywhere?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Bummey posted:

I'm joining the Shadow club today and this is the first thing I'm going to do with it and my PCR. before I sell the PCR to a friend who lives locally so it's still within arm's reach

also hey, does anyone know a light compatible holster for the SP-01? Raven doesn't do that and this TLR-1 that is begging to be used.

I recently got a TLR-1 for my SP-01 and have been unable to find a holster. I am betting that making your own would be the best option at this point.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Are there any CZ75 mags with a higher cap than the factory 19 rounders that came with my SP-01 that dont suck dog balls? I know Heintron has one but I recall it being terrible.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

I would love to have a FA SP-01 with how well it handles recoil.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Does anyone make a higher capacity mag for the CZ 527 in 7.62x39? I am so close to picking one up and the only thing I would really like is a higher capacity. I guess the ruger scout rifle would fit what I am looking for also, but I really want the CZ craftsmanship and non extended eye relief scope.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

I guess I need to win the lotto and have them custom make me one with a mannlicher stock that takes doublestack AK mags.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Forum Hussy posted:

I picked up a 527 carbine on Friday . I've been out of the CZ game for too long.
You have chosen wisely. Mine should come in a few weeks. What optics are you using if any?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

That's bullshit. I'd never buy a pistol I couldn't inspect to my satisfaction first.

The bass pro shop in Orlando FL wouldn't even let me hold the gun at first, I had to coax him into it, and even then the slide wouldn't move and there was a lock on the trigger. I told him he was crazy if he expects people to buy a handgun without touching the loving thing and how the trigger pulls. Can you imagine a car dealership where they wont even let you sit in the care, or take a test drive?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

I found a guy 45 minutes from me who wants to sell his lightly used czechmate for $2,100. I think that is a good deal if it is in good condition. The only problem is he only has the 20 round mags and not the 26 round bigstick, which I can not find online anywhere.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

My G17 had all sorts of issues and the grip cracked. Therefore all Glocks are terrible, right?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Granted Glock fixed it up even though it was a LEO trade in.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Yudo posted:

Gtab, sorry your stock broke. The gloaty shithead thing is unnecessary.

Its sort of his "thing". Hes the smarmy rear end in a top hat we need, not the smarmy rear end in a top hat we deserve.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

Silly question, but what's the minimum I should be spending on an IDPA-ready holster for an SP01? Interested in picking one up for IDPA and also for a 4th of July social shoot where holsters are OK'd.

Also, I know the polycoat finish is supposed to flake off easily, but how does holster wear manifest itself on polycoat guns: does the finish just change color or end up flaking/scratching as a result?

Double Alpha makes a low ride and a belt ride competition holster for the SP01. It is more of a competition rig than anything, wouldn't be good for carry. I have the low ride and love it for USPSA.
http://www.ceddaa.com/Holsters+%252526+Rigs/Holsters/PDR_Low_Ride_Holster.html
http://www.ceddaa.com/Holsters+%252526+Rigs/Holsters/DAA+PDR+Belt-Ride+Holster.html

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

I want to smooth and lighten the trigger in my SP01 but keep it USPSA Production legal and be reliable with all primers. I am not looking for crazy light pull, just smoother and a bit lighter. So it needs to keep the FPB and stay da/sa. I know there are drop in kits but I do not know what one fits my needs best, or if I would be better sending it to someone to work on.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

martinlutherbling posted:

So is there any real reason that I shouldn't convert my 75 BD to SAO? I cant seem to find any examples online, but as I don't carry the gun I don't see any reason not to.

If you shoot it in competition it can exclude you from shooting certain classes.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

The thin aluminium grips from czcustoms are $85?

What makes them worth plunking down nearly a hundred bucks? I want nice and thin grips but holy poo poo.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Does anyone have the Kadet II? I hear the only difference is that you can use it on Omega trigger guns, but some people say it is taller.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

In case anyone is wondering the difference between the Kadet and Kadet 2, the 2 will work with any guns the original kit will work with plus Omega trigger guns, otherwise I am told it is the same.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Are the magazines the same, too? I'm hoping they are accommodating to the reversible magazine release of many a CZ-75-series pistol.

The Kadet 2 is "replacing" the Kadet, they are no longer making the Kadet, the mags are the same and most retailers are still listing it as the Kadet, it just says Kadet II on the slide. Confused yet?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Still looking for another Kadet kit. Does CZ make like 5 of these a year or something? No one I can find has had them in stock even before the Barackolypse II.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

I heard back from multiple vendors regarding Kadet Kits, in case anyone else is looking. Only CZ Customs is expecting them in and only in very limited numbers starting in April, the other vendors are either not expecting any more or do not know a delivery date. The Kadet (whole gun) is being discontinued as well, I wonder if the Kadet Kit will be next on the chopping block.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

That is the worst machining I have seen on a CZ. QC guy must have had too much Becherovka before the late shift.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Springfield Armory shipped my 1911 to my house 3 times after failing to fix it multiple times, no FFL involved, one time with a different frame. It is either not illegal or a not commonly followed law.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

CZ Customs has 17rd 9mm cz75 mags available in a 5-pack. CZ mags have been hard to find lately just like everything else.
http://czcustom.com/cz759mm17rdmagplated5pk.aspx

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

What is the best guide for reassembling SP01 fire control components? I am going to do a full strip and clean and respring of my SP01 now that I am past the 8k round mark. I could probably keep running it without issue but its dirty as gently caress in the trigger parts and its bugging me. I might order some cajun gun works parts and stick em in while im at it.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Just in case anyone is wondering, Kadet kits are still unobtainium. The only one I have seen in the past 5 months was heavily used with only one mag, for $500. I was actually ready to pay the price but the guy said he received multiple higher offers....

I emailed CZ Customs and they have apparently received less than a dozen in the past 9 months.

My over one year long hunt for a kadet kit continues.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Having problems finding a holster for my SP01 with a TLR1 HL, it has the same dimensions as TLR1, and holy poo poo its bright. Bladetec makes one but I have been very unimpressed with their quality, anyone know of other options short of making one myself, which I might end up doing anyways?

Edit: I see Zero Concealment makes one for the Phantom, wonder if that will work?

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Its going to be for carrying while I am out checking cattle or walking fields pheasant hunting, repairing fencing, etc. In the summer I throw my AR in the truck but the fall and winter I use a quad track 4 wheeler and its inconvenient to haul a rifle on one. Coyotes have been so bad lately they have walked into the front yard and eaten our pet ducks. I don't conceal carry, so at most I will just have my jacket cover it if I go into town, not that it matters because many people in town OC.