Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Sold my P226 that I was shooting in production, and got this for shooting Standard.

My first CZ, and I think I got a good one. 9mm Tac Sport.

Not much to look at, same as the rest :)

Planning on gaspedal, Cerakote the frame black, and some grips. I detest 2 tone as a rule haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I think that's an oxymoronic phrase, because TacSports are really fine-looking handguns.

Congrats on the rad gat!

Haha I more meant it just looks like every other one on the planet for now.

I knew it'd be heavy, coming from an ally framed Sig, but I didn't realize it was heavier than the STI Edge I borrow on occasion.

Very happy with my purchase though :)

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

E2M2 posted:

What are Tact Sports selling for nowadays anyways?

Don't ask me, I'm in Aus so get raped on everything firearm related.

That cost me $1700aud (the P320 I ordered set me back $1200aud...)

And yep, gaspedal/weak hand thumb rest. I'll probably go with the DAA adjustable.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Goddamn, I cerakoted my TS over the weekend. I can see why they put such a heavy coat of paint on the frame - so many pinholes in the casting. Havent encountered that before - very surprised for a modern firearm.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

DakianDelomast posted:

It's one of CZ's dirty secrets. It's common enough that it seems to always crop up when there is a refinish done.

I know its dirty Eastern European nonsense, most likely made from old roofing iron - but its still frustrating.

Came out nice though.

Before:

After:

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Funny you say that, I already have my wife on the hunt.

Edit: so you guys know what Im on about with the pitting:

Hennig fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 3, 2015

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Pretty much this.

I'm fully aware that when I put a firearm in the media blasting cabinet, my warranty goes out the window with it.

I was just a bit shocked given its a pretty exxy handgun. As mentioned though, a bit of googling reveals how common this is. Ah well, it's got some character, that's all haha.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Bummey posted:

I didn't read that very well. You found that pitting after you blasted it? Oh well.

Yep, the thick factory paint covered it perfectly. No way of knowing.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

priznat posted:

Dat wood :dong:

You rang?

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I finally decided to stop procrastinating, and I ended up buying a CZ TS. Without having a chance to see or handle one in person before hand, I was really taken aback by just how big in every dimension this thing is in comparison to a standard CZ 75 B. It feels fantastic, though, and the controls are amazingly ergonomic (hooray for comfortably riding the thumb safety!). I was worried that the super-extended mag release would get in my way, but it actually works exactly as it was intended.

Next step is to replace all the little bits and bobs (sights, guide rod, trigger, grips, magwell), which apparently all cost noticeably less in the CZUB store online than they do in the American shop or on CZ Custom. I will probably end up doing an international order to get the CZUB grips and magwell (and $27 magazines), but I'll likely wait and try to defray the cost a bit first by trying to offload my Mk III BHP.

I'm really hoping this isn't the case. SG 553 pistols are down to $2600 shipped on Gunbroker, and I need a little more time to save up for one of those. I may have to emulate Janklow and use a legal scare as an excuse to buy one earlier rather than later. :shepspends:

Nice purchase. I posted mine a few days back - put a few hundred rounds through it and tore it apart for the CZUB upgrades.

- Short Grips
- Magwell
- Guide Rod
- Recoil and Mainsprings
- 7.5mm/1mm Front Sight
- Alu Trigger

and also put an Advance Ratio TS thumbrest on it too.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Oh yeah, I was pretty enticed about the gas pedal when you mentioned it. I can't see myself going to the trouble of having the frame modified for that at this point (drill and tapped, presumably, like on the CZ TS Orange), but I can only imagine how much comfier it is to have a big fat spot for your offhand thumb, similar to a dead pedal in a car.

Those grips and that magwell are definitely the models I'd like to have, albeit in more boring colors probably, maybe white if/when I get the frame recolored to better match the slide. Was your rear sight on-target from the factory? I've rarely seen anyone online that dropped in a fiber optic front without switching to the adjustable rear, as well.

The gaspedal is sweet. I just drilled it in the mill and tapped them (m4 thread). Wasnt hard, but was still pretty nervewracking, that's for sure.

As for the fibre optics - I'm surprised you haven't come across it more often. I've replaced a lot of front sights with Dawsons, and as long as you get the matching height, there should be no reason it doesn't keep the same POI. Swapped em out on Glocks, P226s, Kimbers, etc, no drama.

The 7.5mm front sight is what you want if you are keeping the factory rears (which are drat awesome for racking the slide).

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Did you end up ordering from CZUB's store for the grips and magwell? I know that right arm has done group buys from them before, so presumably it's a bit of a hassle to get them to ship an order internationally, hence group buying in one big lot.

Yep, ordered direct. Shipping was 50, but was at my place in Aus in 3 days. Order the gear, they send you the payment link, and get it on its way straight away.

Hell, I even called them direct when I realized I ordered the wrong trigger and they got it sorted out for me. Super easy.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Pretty sure that was a Czechmate shooting 9 major. I think I saw it on Brianenos or somesuch.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

My CZUB front sight for my Tactical Sport needed drilling (well, I marked and dremelled a groove in it anyway).

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

So I bought a second CZ75 TacSport, in .357 Sig this time. I had a .357 TS Orange ordered but the ETA was "whenever it eventually shows up", so gently caress it, got a great deal on a used normal TS and will doll it up to match my 9.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

You heard me.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

I can take her home next week (permits and paperwork, Eugh). I've previously been shooting .357sig in a Sig P320, so this should tame it down quite a bit my comparison. Having said that, shooting 168gr projectiles at 1050fps isn't too bad!

Over here in Aus, we can't use "high cal" (i.e. Over .38) pistols unless we have a specia license - so no .40s in IPSC standard division. .357sig is specified in the rulebook as being the only sub-40 caliber which is allowed to be shot in Standard Div and make Major power factor... So that's what this is for.

Now to decide whether to keep my 9 TacSport as well:

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Did someone say oversized safety?

I actually wouldnt mind removing the RHS safety - i'll probably have to grind it down to make this thing fit in the IPSC standard box anyway.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

My twin TS'.

9mm barrel seems to run fine in the .357, so the red gun will be getting flipped soon :)

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Snowman Crossing posted:

Are those SAO?

Is red gun 9mm?

Yep, they are SAO Tactical Sports. The blue gun is .357sig, the black a 9mm.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Sperglord Actual posted:

The excessive sandblasting ruins it for me.

I'm gonna say the texture is from the thick paint moreso than any sandblasting.

Came out fine for a beater, its not like it's an old classic guys, calm down.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Finally back from the smith. Racker, thumbrest, slude cuts, frame docked.

Now to decide what to cerakote it (hopefully TFR doesnt get mad at me, aha).

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Uh, the rear sight was already a slide racker, mister :colbert:

Interesting cut decisions, though. Why shorten the frame? Just weight reduction? Aesthetics? Does it allow for some form of accessory?

Was there any point in time that you thought about having the not-so-great "checkering" taken off? Or the bottom of the trigger guard cut back for a higher grip? Those seem to be pretty popular modifications, and I'm thinking about having them done on mine at some point.

Haha, yeah the rear sight dovetail can be used for a racker - but I'm shooting standard division ipsc, so I need my rear sight. If I was running this in open with a cmore, id have used the sight dovetail.

Frame docking was something I'd discussed briefly with the smith, it's pretty much an aesthetics thing. Lots of guys on brianenos chop a lot more than that off to make the TS less nose heavy. I didn't actually realize the smith had done it till I rocked up to pick it up - but I think it looks great. Makes me feel like I have a Czechmate haha.

I was never really considering a frame reduction. Sure, the checkering isn't the greatest, but the main reason to can it is to reduce the diameter of the monsterous grip. I personally have big hands and love the grip. Undercutting the trigger guard was something I considered, but at the end of the day I've put ~10k through my last TS, and loved the way it felt from day 1. Maybe a job for the future - who knows.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Color-wise I was thinking either: sniper grey slide and be done with it.

Or; go all out and do the slide gold, grips black, and the magwell in the matching gold. It'd be a bit loud but pretty neat.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Purple slide and frame, TiN coated controls/pins and a pair of the brass CZ grips or have the grips/magwell re-anodized gold.

Holy hell, that would be like the tfr posterchild... If it was in .40 and DAO.

In all seriousness, I'm shooting this at the match on Sunday so the only colors at my disposal are:

Gold
Midnight Blue
Sniper Grey
FDE
Desert Verde
Highland Green
Mil-Spec Green
Graphite Black

I'm over all of the tans and OD colors at the moment, so we will see what happens. I'm sure it'll look cool no matter what.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I was talking about the stock, non-adjustable rear sight. The raised height and rounded profile were designed, as I understand it, to be used as a slide racker. I use mine like that every once in a while for fun, and it actually works really well. Probably not a great alternative to a dedicated racker though, heh.

Ah yep, that's what I did on my last TS. I did tear the gently caress out of my finger a few times with fast unloaded starts though haha.

This one has a LPA rear though.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

It's not quite purple or kaleidoscope colored, but I like it.

Thinking I'll to the grips black and magwell in the matching gold... Or both gold, or both black. Decisions!

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I'd go with contrasting, either gold and black, or black and gold. Black grips and gold magwell look really good in my head.

Also, dumb question since you probably would have mentioned it, but did you get the barrel ported in those vent spots? I only ask because both their locations and shapes kinda look like it, but that'd be an excessive amount of porting, especially for 9mm.

Yeah, I agree. I think black grips gold magwell is the go. That gold is actually a gold/grey blend. A lot less yellow than the standard gold.

No porting in the barrel to match the slide. That'd push me into open division.

Also, it's in .357sig (but I do have a spare 9mm barrel I fitted a few days back).

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Well that looks awesome. Totally doing that.

Having some basics shoop skills would be so handy for making decisions on Cerakote haha.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

The bumblebee is done!

Even fits in the box (the lid even shuts!)

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Cheers fellas, super happy with how it came out.

Now to shoot some matches with it!

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Yeah, the big backing plate isn't the most aesthetic thing in the world.

I had a Advance Ratio Xcel on my last TS which looked better, but the DAA Gaspedal is hugely adjustable, which was worth the trade off for me.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Buddy of mine picks up his TS Orange today. I have a dolled up TS, but will still be jelly of that checkering. If it was in sig it'd be perfect.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Yeah pal, I live on the Sunshine Coast :)

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Unskilled Labour posted:

Hit up Paul Britton at PBA imports and he should be able to get you one if your dealer doesn't have any.

I had a TS Orange .357 ordered through PBA for 6 months before I just modded my own.

I also waited 4 months for the office girl to tell me if they had a 9mm barrel in stock (and still never got an answer). Ended up buying from the states and jumping through import hoops.

PBA seems to be great generally, but I've had a few sketchy interactions with them.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

My buddys TS Orange in 9mm finally arrived earlier in the week.

Awesome bit of gear - the real checkering on the front and backstraps, and the undercut trigger guard are awesome. With all the extras over the base TS, the premium is well worth it.

Thumbrest sucks though, can barely get any meat onto it with the slide lock there. They are making 3 new shapes for the Orange though, so help is on the way.

With some of the others living in the safe currently.

Swapping slides for a look.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

$2500 aud, compared to $1900 for a normal TS.

So like $500USD

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Finally got the missing piece of the puzzle - a .40 barrel.

I now have 9, .40 and .357Sig barrels, with 9 mags for each.

I shot my first Level 2 IPSC Match on the weekend with the CZ, came third in my division (D Grade Standard). Was winning up until the last stage where I just had to shoot a penalty target which tanked my score hard. I have footage if anyone is interested in having a look?

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyXb0UAAvnI

Not my best shooting, just didn't want to get DQ'd at my first big match 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Unskilled Labour posted:

You shoot in Australia, right? Which match did you shoot?

The Grand Slam at the Gold Coast Pistol Club.