Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

What, no Shadow talk? I thought those were superior tacticality for operational operators. No? Or different application?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Is the Shadow really $1200?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Well the Shadow on CZ's website is $1k and I don't see them for sale on any of the usual sites like Bud's. Where exactly do you buy a Shadow anyway?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

I <3 my P-01, but watch out for your TLR-1s there. I did the same thing and then after shooting a couple mags found that the drat anodization had burned off the top of my light somehow. :(
I... take my TLR off before shooting.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Miso Beno posted:

9mm. I don't care if you want it for range use or HD. 9mm.

Motherfucker, 9mm. Motherfucker!

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Operating Rod posted:

This is my first smartphone post, it feels REALLY strange.

Welcome to the future. If you are an iPhone, you should know there's an app named Awful for the forums (it's free).

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

bandaid posted:

I would rock the hell out of either the slide on a normal frame, or vice versa. Having both that huge red star and the hammer and sickle is just too much.

I like it. :colbert:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

IuniusBrutus posted:

A Shadow totally owns, but you probably would be better off buying $340 in ammo instead, and trading up once you are more proficient.

I emphatically agree with this statement. :11tea:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

There are a lot of GM's using CZ's. Just sayin'.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

kuffs posted:

Dawson Precision is another big CZ sight manufacturer. I know the Brian Enos forums folks like them.

I don't own anything CZ but I love Dawson poo poo

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

IuniusBrutus posted:

Am I dumb for wanting to go with a FO front/plain black rear? Or should I just spend the ~$88 on Meprolight tritium sights?

No, I use the same combo on my G34 and it's fantastic. Night sights are overrated.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

IuniusBrutus posted:

I may give it a shot. It has a Shadow hammer now, but that shouldn't affect the reliability in any tangible way.

Only thing is that I can't give it nearly the amount of stress that I like - I don't think I'll be shooting a class that exceeds 500 rounds/day, nor will I break 5k rounds over the next three months through it. I wonder if gross maintenance negligence will allow for somewhat useful results.

You can probably use a format like Todd Green does with his Glock 17 test

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Propagandalf posted:

Purple. With gold rhinestones.

The purple is loving baller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Lunchboxx posted:

That page does not want to load for me. I wonder when/if CZ Custom would get them...

On another note, shot a USPSA match last night, came across this in the shop:

Looks like it's an Adam Tyc Limited Shadow? Never heard of it. Gaudy as hell, but the price wasn't awful.

Have you seen a youtube of Adam Tyc??? :aaaaa: