Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

Any thread about CZs isn't complete without discussing Marschal grips. I've got some on my vz. 82 and my Sig P6, and absolutely love them. Really high quality, lots of different types of wood...absolutely worth the money/wait.

That's funny because I ordered grips for my brother's 82 & P6 from them for his birthday. Also I recommend red stain on walnut for the 82. It looks gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Gray Stormy posted:

Its my favorite pistol caliber.

Second place would be 45ACP out of a 1911 and third is .357 from a nice big revolver.

Seconding this. Although I want to try .45 ACP out of a SAO 97B.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

quote:

Option 1: CZ85 Combat.
+ No firing pin block, so smoother trigger, right?
+ Better sights
+ Drop-free magazine well
- I have heard mixed reports on how much the FPB actually matters.
- More expensive
- Ambi-slide release and safety will just make it more difficult to find holsters
- Have heard reports of slide stop breakages on 85s

Option 2: CZ75B SAO
+ Single action triggers on these are supposedly quite nice
+ Drop-free magazine well
+ Not much more expensive than a standard 75, and I save money on not having to do a SAO conversion later
- Bumps me to ESP only for IDPA

Option 3: CZ75B
+ Cheapest option; used ones pop up frequently, too.
+ Easiest to located holsters and gear for.
- Requires another $80 if I decide I want an SAO gun.

Option 4: CZ75B Compact (steel frame)
+ Technically a compact, but steel frame to help it shoot a little nicer than my PCR
+ I can use all of the same magazines, holsters, and gear as my carry weapon
+ Same controls (essentially) and ergonomics as my carry weapon
- The compact grip fits my hand perfectly, but still a shorter barrel and lower weight, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Option 5: Hi-Power or clone
+ Trigger beats snot out of CZ trigger
+ Easier and cheaper to do trigger job on, further increasing awesome level
- Either spend $$$$ for a modern one, or buy an older one and have the slide machined for novaks
- Grip isn't quite as comfortable
- ESP only

Thoughts, TFR? Any of the above will get a trigger job and new sights, likely. The CZ also has the advantage of having great (if expensive) .22 kits available, while the Hi-Power has dubious looking Ceiner kits. Also, I know SP01 Shadows rock so hard, but I'll go way over $1000 on one of those, and that's just too much for me - I'll be able to keep my initial purchase under $600 this way, and can break it in a bit, before getting the trigger worked on.

Option 3. Start small and grow from there.

Also as the owner of 1 CZ75BD and 2 BHPs, CZ75s have better triggers. I like resets.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

To whoever was looking for a CZ97 I've been watching this one ascend in price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=355728018

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

mikerock posted:

I put adjustable sights on my Shadow, I like them.

Also those grips on that 97

Nothing a good knife couldn't have fixed. Why a knife? gently caress hogues that's why.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

What's a favorite holster for the SP01 Shadow? I got a model with extended safeties (Shadow Night Shadow something...) and the Front Line holster I got isn't cutting it. I'm looking for OWB carry, just for putzing at a range.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Hitmage posted:

I'm very seriously considering getting one of those VZ 2008s from AIM Surplus since they're apparently only doing one last run of them. $499 for the rifle, 5 mags, a bayonet and a sling seems like a good deal. Link here: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...97614d-18555905

I've waffled on these forever and at 500 for 5 mags and a bayonet? You'll never see a price like that again. Bought mine.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Who did this work again? I have some spare money burning a hole in my pocket.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

I Demand Food posted:

I'm having a hard time finding both IWB and drop leg holsters for my CZ 75B, but I've read that most 5" 1911 holsters will fit a CZ 75 just fine. Has anyone had any actual experience with this though?

I wouldn't trust a Kydex 1911 holster to hold a CZ but a leather one might. If you want Kydex check out Blade Tech.

DakianDelomast fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 27, 2014

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

I hate to rehash a question that has been asked before but do the CZ75 magazines fit in the IMI Jericho 941F?

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

LimburgLimbo posted:

Picked up a CZ527 FS in .223

I mostly wanted it for a plinking gun in something bigger than .22 that I could also potentially push out to a few hundred yards at some point and had a range of ammo readily available, so a .223 fit the bill.

Quite like it so far, but what I heard about the chamber being tight, I think in this thread actually, is quite true; I had to use more force than I'm used to to close the bolt sometimes, and there were a few rounds of steel-cased TulAmmo that it really had trouble with, thought I was able to get them all to work in the end.

I bought a variety of ammo to make sure everything stabilized properly, and shot:
- Tul Ammo 55gr. FMJ
- Black Hills 69gr. MatchKing HP remanufactured
- Remington 62gr. HP Match

They all seemed to stabilize fine, but I was shooting with irons and am not a particularly good shot, so I wasn't grouping tight enough to tell if there was any real difference in accuracy out of them.

Once I mount a scope I'll try some Fiocchi 77gr. MatchKing HPBTs I have and see how it does with them.

Edit: Someone tell me how to take decent gun pictures

Unless I am mistaken that is a 1:12 twist barrel correct? 77grn boat tails are going to be hitting the target sideways if true.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

various cheeses posted:

Got an email today. Threaded compact barrels are finishing up either today or tomorrow, and I'll have my pistol back soon. Will post trip report when possible.

Too bad my form 4 isn't ready yet.

Is there an additional super secret code word to getting SP01 barrels? My Shadow yearns.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

If anyone has been waiting like I have, SP01 Threaded barrels are back in stock on czcustom.com. How fortuitous it came the same week my suppressor got here.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

gimpsuitjones posted:

What's the difference between a SP01 Shadow and a Shadow Line??

Ordered a standard SP01 Shadow today, first handgun, woop

e: anyone tried these?

http://czcustom.com/vzgripstigerstripe.aspx

Great choice! The only problem is that it will ruin you for other pistols. The SP01 Shadow is my favorite shooter. I run the VZ Frags on my SP01 and love the profile on them.

Also it looks like the SP01 Shadow Line runs the 85 trigger that is flatter, aluminum grips, and a competition hammer. A couple go faster options that come as standard.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

One tax stamp and one threaded barrel later and I now have a favorite thing.

It's a shame getting a threaded barrel for the SP01 Shadow is such a pain. I am going to shoot it for a bit and send it off for a SAO conversion by CGW. Can is a Gemtech Multimount by the way.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

gimpsuitjones posted:

Is the 120mm Australian Shadow barrel able to be threaded or do you need an even longer one? cos of course my first priority is getting a can lol

http://oceania-defence.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_48&products_id=73

My threaded barrel is 124mm so you will be a bit short of what is optimal for a mount.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Depending on your comfort level with your home funsmithing skills, you could probably do this yourself. It's literally just swapping out the trigger (though I also would recommend trading out the lovely factory flared trigger pin for a CGW trigger pin).

I am quite the home funsmith. So is there anything that benefits me to send the gun to CGW over just buying the trigger pin, hammer, and SAO flat trigger?

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz58-compact-762?l=

Look at this little guy, he's got the teeniest sight radius ever. I can't help but want one.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

gimpsuitjones posted:

I now own an SP01 Shadow and it also owns

Welcome to the club brudda. Now suppress the poo poo out of it.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Iron Tusk posted:

It's not so much the grip as the look and size. I have toddler hands and the factory rubbers are right on the edge of being too big.

The VZ Frag pattern grips should be baby size hand compatible. They are pretty thin on my SP01.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Hennig posted:

Goddamn, I cerakoted my TS over the weekend. I can see why they put such a heavy coat of paint on the frame - so many pinholes in the casting. Havent encountered that before - very surprised for a modern firearm.

It's one of CZ's dirty secrets. It's common enough that it seems to always crop up when there is a refinish done.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Bummey posted:

Why wasn't that immediately sent back to CZ?

Because if you did you'd be called an idiot?

"Hey, Ford! I got a bone to pick with you. I sanded off the paint you put on my car AND GUESS WHAT I FOUND. PRIMER. MOTHERFUCKING PRIMER."

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Label Facing Right posted:

Well poo poo. Just got off the phone with Jason Bowers at the NFA branch and supposedly the Firearms Technology Branch is going back and re-evaluating the Scorpion to determine what type of firearm it is, so all F1s for the Scorpion are on hold until they make a decision.

Wait. Who the gently caress cares what it's imported as? It's being F1ed as an intent to build a rifle. No matter what kind of firearm it's being imported as that shouldn't affect your intent to register it as an SBR. I don't even have a Scorpion but this poo poo is really bothering me. Where is our screaming ATF emote?

I am almost positive that Scorpion/Draco/Bren/AR Pistol etc style firearms days are numbered.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

right arm posted:

fake cans are the absolute worst

even worse than the stanag lower on that 805

You should write the government and tell them STANAG is dumb. Maybe they'll listen.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

To quote Right Arm... "Gross."

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

I don't get it it's a.... Oh my

Round count? Were you shooting +p++?

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

priznat posted:

I've said it before but if I had to be limited to one manufacturer it would probably be CZ.

I've got 3 so far and want more more MORE

To be fair CZ is not necessarily a single entity as many products have been produced using the marque but are not CZUB production. See: Brno

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Dalaram posted:

Whoa them grips. What are they?

Ta daaaaa

http://grips4u.net/category/pistol-grips/cz/cz-82-83/

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

For 410 dollars plus shipping and FFL fees you did fine. I think you put up some unnecessary risk and you could easily be out a whole lot more. I think the seller is a shill but in the end what you got is decent for what you paid. The only point of concern is the feed ramp and enough guys around here will sell you a replacement for cheap if it is hosed.

Word to the wise, when dealing with firearms do not use PayPal no matter what the seller says. Even right now you're at risk of getting your account locked if the seller decides to report you in retaliation for a bad rating. I wouldn't even give him bad feedback, he is right there's a pile of stuff that came with it that you didn't pay for (or ask for). But being a douchebag isn't a crime.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

I know the aesthetic snobs will disagree but that's 2nd only to the VP9 for good looking modern striker fired guns.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Bummey posted:

The P320 is the ugliest thing Sig has put out, as far as I'm concerned. Talk about bland.

I just wanted to take a moment to rant about the P320. As far as I am concerned its the most obscenely ugly pistol today. They took the bargain basement P250 and converted it to striker, yeah its a modular design but wow it's built cheap. it feels cheap, looks cheap, and guess what, it's cheap. And it's made the Sig fanboys insufferable.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Omega is a newfangled invention by CZ that is simpler and can switch between decocker and manual safety. The SP-01 is a CZ 75 blessed by Czech angels to make the best pistol ever.

Ok a bit hyperbole.

The standard sp01 has a typical 75 trigger that can be tuned much more easily than the Omega. The Omega is a simplified system that's better out of the box but has less upgrade potential.

That said a normal (non Shadow SP01) is a fine gun but it only really provides an advantage with the underbite taming recoil a tiny bit and giving you a weapon light mount. If it's a decocker SP01 I'd pass since the manual safety CZs have much better triggers imo.

The Omega is a fine choice if you're getting introduced to the world of Czech. But the base model 75 doesn't really offer much special. It's just a good gun. If they're the same price the SP01 would likely be the better deal but both have their merits depending on how you like to shoot.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

DoubleAughtMeowMix posted:

So I'm gonna springboard off of that for my own very similar question. I've handled a decocker SP01 suppressor model, urban gray, etc etc, and it seemed really nice and the trigger was pretty good just not amazing. Is there any reason to pass on that and instead get one of the omega suppressor 75Bs? The closest thing I've come to handling an Omega is a P-09 and while it was fine it wasn't outstanding.

The Omega is worse than the decocker which is worse than a manual safety non-omega which is worse than the shadow. In terms of triggers anyway. Though that said if I was going URBAN GREY I'd rather have one of the polymer guns for cheap and get a nice Shadow model in the 85/SP01 vein.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Oh I forgot if you guys want to hang on CZ is releasing the Phantom model again. It's a polymer frame SP01 with a CZ75 trigger.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Ropes4u posted:

Where is the sweet spot for price & value on the CZ75s: Shadow 2, Tac Sport, SP-01 tac?

We will be shooting steel and paper for fun / competition at the local level of that matters.

In my experience the breaking point is that which the pre-B safety is implemented. Not having that extra trigger creep is a definitive difference between CZ and other commonly available commercial pistols. So if you just want a nice trigger on a range beater one of the surplus pre-Bs can be dug up. If you want a traditionalist CZ in new production it's the 85 combat. And if you want to dip your toes into one of the best "production" class guns then either the TS, Shadow, or Shadow II will do you fine.

As with anything it depends more on what you want to do and what amount of disposable income you are willing to throw at it. The Shadow II for all intents is a really nice "this is a competition gun without being finicky" that will cost you a lot of pennies but will always be delightful to shoot.

Those are my 2 pennies.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Or send it to Tornado Technologies. They have the RAMI on their list of available extensions. It's 160 for them to do it.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Coxswain Balls posted:

I have a first-gen Kadet Kit that came with the CZ 85 Combat I used to own, which worked with no issues. Now I have a different 85 Combat that came with a match hammer and a lighter spring that wouldn't fire anything I put in it. I switched out the mainspring with a stock 20lb one and while now it's capable of setting off rounds, 50% of the time I'm getting light strikes. I'm guessing at this point an extended firing pin is going to be the next step?

I believe that the match hammer needs an extended firing pin to function correctly. So yeah, you're on the right track. See also why I just run my kadet kit on a bone stock 75 BD frame I got for cheap.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Good, I'm glad that's fake, it looked bad compared to the real thing. The non-full length dust cover/rail on the fake looks like poo poo.