Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Meet Scratchy the CZ-75. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

right arm posted:

I'm far more interested in the TS orange especially since C mores look awful and I don't need an extra barrel

They come with extra barrels because they break pretty quickly.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

:stare:

Any pictures of where/how they break?

right arm posted:

sure; if you shoot 9mm major. I do not and do not compete so being able to buy a czechmate without a bunch of crap I'll never use makes it worthwhile to me

You should. Lots of good USPSA clubs in Oregon. :D

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

right arm posted:

too many lame rules that won't allow me to compete with my pardini, or else I'd probably get involved

It's 9mm right? There aren't any rules that prevent you from using it.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

right arm posted:

I thought you had to have your trigger weight a certain amount and shoot major to be competitive with 9mm. or maybe I'm thinking of IDPA

I also could just be making excuses to not get my rear end kicked :D

No minimum trigger pull for USPSA or IDPA. There is for IPSC but we don't shoot that in murka.

9 major's just for open. You would shoot limited with your Pardini.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Bummey posted:

Are these TS-specific barrels? Why do they break? Can you define pretty quickly?

I think during the first few mm of slide travel after unlocking the slide stop hits the lug pretty hard. There isn't enough material there and so they break. CZ's solution at first was to include like 3 extra barrels but I think that the newest guns have more material at the stress point.

9 major is almost too hard on anything that's not a 1911.

right arm posted:

tight. I may use my overly expensive italian gun to get smoked by dudes with glocks :D

That'd be awesome. It's a lot of fun. I mostly have only visited the clubs around Portland since that's closer to me but I know there are many down by Albany/Eugene.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

right arm posted:

yeah I regularly shoot at ARPC and love their facilities. I may have to watch a match one of these days

usually I just clean up after the OSP get done shooting and let them ogle my swiss guns haha

Ha! Yes! ARPC looks like a fun match and the OR guys keep inviting me but it's kinda too far for me to travel for a club match. Dundee is about right at my limit.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Yuns posted:

Did anyone see if the CZ TS Orange was at Shot Show? I know it's new on the 2016 list though its not new in Europe.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

I like it better refinished. I mean, come on, it's a CZ black paint finish, you could make it look like it had a century of wear just from taking it to the range.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Roundboy posted:

The pa homo sight didn't work out because you can't adjust it low enough

:stare:

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

DrPop posted:

Can a mechanically challenged person like myself install new sights on my P-07, or should I tap someone else for that? The stock plastic ones have started to drift and I figure I might as well use this opportunity to get some fiber optic or tritium ones anyway.

Also, vz 58 havers seeking a good muzzle device for their rifle should keep an eye on Definitive Arms in the next few weeks.

It's actually really easy. Both front and rear have a set screw, you loosen it, and then tap the sight out the dovetail (the front taps towards the muzzle end). Sometimes the rears are staked a little from the factory so you might have to take in the staking with a file or tap the sight past it.

Tap new sights in, tighten set screws. You want threadlocker on the screw of course, I also like to put some red loctite under the sight itself to glue it into the dovetail.

Roundboy posted:

drat you phone. HOLO sight. I apparently bought some autoshutoff red dot but I can't find where I put it

I'm just getting sick of round tube red dots,they seem too restrictive,but the market for holo sights seems to go from garbage to fuckoff$$ with no middle ground

Just buy a pistol dot. You can slap a FF3 or something on a riser pretty cheap.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Pursesnatcher posted:

Dearest CZars, I'm about to pick up a shiny new CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow (my first, yay!). However, the Internet has been feeding me all sorts of contradictions regarding how to treat it at first use.

Will there be packing grease throughout the entire gun? When the manual tells me not to disassemble it beyond a simple field strip, do I disregard the manual so I can get it all out?

Should I really wax and polish the magazine, both inside and out, using car wax?

Do I let the gun rest for a few minutes after the first 5-10 rounds, or is this just some bogus voodoo somebody dreamed up? I mean, it's already been test-fired at the factory right?

Uhh don't wax the magazine. That gets nasty real fast. I'd pull the slide off and clean it (basically that field strip), usually they just have some cosmo on the inside from the factory. Lube it up and shoot it as much as you want without regard for letting it sit or any kinda breakin bullshit.

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

I was looking to gather some opinions from the Scorpion owners here. Would the Sig Romeo5 be a decent optic for it?
I'm not looking to shoot past 50 meters, and the $139.00 price is extremely tempting, even though I know at that range the stock sights are just fine. It does also come with a low riser (not pictured) so it won't be that high off the rail which could be an issue when the stock is on and it's shouldered. I guess I was just looking for some opinions if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile or if I'd just be adding something for the sake of adding something and not really getting much out of it.

You should absolutely buy an optic. I don't think the R5 is the best choice in the low end price range, if you want a tube style dot I would pick a PA or Holosun. If you want something with more FOV and a larger dot (good for shootin' outside and going fast) you can use a pistol dot like a fastfire on a short riser.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

stgdz posted:

Anyone have a p-01 and p-07 or -09?

I was considering the polymer czs but after handling the p-09I have changed my mind. It felt like cz moved the safety higher and the grip felt larger.

Has anyone else confirmed this?

The grip is thinner on the P07/9 by a little, though you can make them equal with the thin aluminum grips. It can be longer front to back though with the changeable backstraps. The safety is higher up/further back on the 07/9, yes.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

DeesGrandpa posted:

Thought about it, but it really is pretty great during actual firing, just feels subpar when dry firing.

How you know you aren't dryfiring enough

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Fiddy.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

various cheeses posted:

You could buy like 6 mags for that price

True, but you can't cut out a reload with 6 mags.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

Good point, but you better not have to reload because the product description contains this little gem,
"may or may not lock bolt open on last round fired."

If you're going to be nitpicky on the time it takes to reload, then to be fair that little bit of uncertainty or delay in knowing that you're empty shouldn't go unmentioned.

If you're dumping 50 rounds what're the odds that you notice the bolt locks open or do you just pull the trigger when the bolt is locked back anyway? :v:

various cheeses posted:

Why would I reload after the first 30 rounds when the Scorpions in each of my hands are still half full?

Sometimes there's no improving on the original.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Anyone want some SP01 (steel frame, manual safety) compacts?

https://www.anacortesgunshop.com/cz-75-compact-9mm-rail-steel-frame-manual-safe-148051

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Hennig posted:

Finally got the missing piece of the puzzle - a .40 barrel.

I now have 9, .40 and .357Sig barrels, with 9 mags for each.

I shot my first Level 2 IPSC Match on the weekend with the CZ, came third in my division (D Grade Standard). Was winning up until the last stage where I just had to shoot a penalty target which tanked my score hard. I have footage if anyone is interested in having a look?

Post it. :D

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

75s for that price usually look like they've been tumbled with some gravel, so I don't really see how you lost.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Would you be okay if he won it for $350, but got charged $400?

:rolleyes: If I thought I was getting a $400 gun for $350 but I got a $350 gun, I wouldn't be busted up over it.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Reminds me of the ARFCOM threads where someone posts "I paid for New and got a Blem" and all the old timers dogpile in with "What are ya some kinda QUEER that likes ta put guns in his BUTT. Go ding your gun up some and quit bein' a NANCY"

I don't disagree with this.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

DakianDelomast posted:

I just wanted to take a moment to rant about the P320. As far as I am concerned its the most obscenely ugly pistol today. They took the bargain basement P250 and converted it to striker, yeah its a modular design but wow it's built cheap. it feels cheap, looks cheap, and guess what, it's cheap. And it's made the Sig fanboys insufferable.

It works good though? :confused: Maybe you should shoot more and you'd care less about this stuff.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's actually zero difference between good and bad looking guns
-the Wise Man

This is the CZ thread right?

Shoots good, is good

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Rhandhali posted:

How would an SBRed scorpion do as a pistol caliber carbine in USPSA?

It'd do fine. Currently it has to 'be' an SBR (not a pistol), no braces allowed in USPSA.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Front sight install means putting it into the slide and drilling through for the pin.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Long time. It's the Australian model for competition 'cuz they can't shoot .40.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

madeintaipei posted:

I love how that works out. They can't use .40, derived from a cartridge designed for competition. .357 SIG, a product developed for the LE market to more efficiently shoot folks, is fine though.

Looks like that conversion is popular on Tanfoglios as well. How does the SIG round compare with the other hot 9-10mm competition calibers like 9x21, 9x23 .41AE, and .38 Super?

It doesn't really, they use .357 Sig for making major in Standard (Limited in the US). Normally the minimum caliber for Standard is .40 but the .357 Sig exception has stuck around for a long time. Compared to .40 it's just snappier so there isn't really a competitive advantage.

It's ballistically similar to the 38 super family but not really a competitor since the bottlenecked case gives you 20% less magazine capacity.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Get the SP01. It's nicer than the 75 omega.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Especially pre-Bs, it probably had its last service in 1995.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

So has the P-10C gotten released yet?

Yes. They just come over in batches of 10 per month like all of CZs new guns.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

.40 open is a sad place.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Numlock posted:

How so? Everything I've seen suggests that you want to run it to score major. I guess I could try for .38 super but .40 seems like the better idea.

.40 is for Limited, where it's the minimum caliber for major. That's why near every 2011 and single action CZ you see is in .40, despite every normie in the world hating .40.

There's no minimum caliber for major in open, which means everyone does it with 9 or 38. It's better to make major with a lighter bullet since you make up the rest of power factor with powder which means more of it goes out the comp to push the muzzle down, so there's that, but 9 also means 20% more rounds in the magazine. That and it costs less for components, you don't have to fret about finding 135/155 grain .40 (or whatever), and nobody will make fun of you for shooting .40 open, contributing to lower stress levels.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

DkHelmet posted:

When I purchased my CGW firing pin, it came with a half sheet of paper warning that the pin is no longer safe to dry fire as it's special somehow, and to use the enclosed dry firing adapter safety device, which was an O-ring.

I have no idea what kind of brittle steel it's made from or what special snowflake design changes have been made.

The old CGW pin wasn't much different from the CZ pin, just longer. So they broke a lot like CZ pins do if you dryfire with no o-ring. A few years ago they redesigned it, made it out of stronger steel (tool steel or something idk), and added in the different retaining pin that was supposed to not batter the firing pin. They sold it as dryfire safe. But then people started breaking them same as the old ones, so now they just include the o-ring anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Hey CZ, we really want more Shadow 2s and P10Cs, can you make more?

"NO"