Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

My CZ collection

The CZ 452 is always a hit when I bring it to the range with a group of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

Anyone know if there is a way to futz around with the CZ-75B to make it lefty-friendly, or would I just be better off getting a CZ-85 instead? Seeing the 75B go for $490 for Holiday Sales at a local chain (Turner's), and it's drat tempting, seeing a steel-frame 9mm go for that cheap. Hopefully going to rent one this week or next.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm in CA.

Last time I checked, the 85 wasn't on the approved handgun roster so the only way you'll be able to get one is through a private sale, if you can find someone willing to sell theirs. Yes, I know it's just an ambidextrous version of the 75B (i.e., basically no major changes), and yes, the CA DOJ is retarded to say the least.

I would just get the 75B from Turner's and live with the non-ambidextrous controls, or if you're willing to pay more and if an ambidextrous safety is sufficient, there's the SP-01.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

Yeah, that 75B Turner's is selling is still the cheapest steel-frame 9mm that I'd actually want. The other guns I'm looking at in that price range are a Glock 19 and M&P9, but I'm still trying to decide what the hell matters more to me: having a steel frame pistol I'll mostly be using as home D/range toy, or having something ambi-friendly (like the m&P9).

As for controls, hitting the mag release isn't what screws me up; it's making sure whether or not I can skirt the safety with my index finger when I draw as a lefty, which I had to do for a class(not a chance in hell when i try with a 1911-style pistol).

I'm a lefty too, and I can empathize. For the most part, I've resigned myself to using pistols with decockers, like the P-01, for HD. I suppose there's the option of dealing with a DA first pull if you get the 75B, though there's the risk of ND when you're manually decocking it.

However, it might be worth the extra $80-100 to get the SP-01 if you need the ambidextrous safety, plus it has rails.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

various cheeses posted:

Swapped out the Nills to oil them, and then ended up trying to put as much poo poo on my P-01 as possible, here's the outcome:

Those grips look pretty sweet. Too bad they're not for sale anywhere.