Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

They do shotguns too!

I GET DAT ARABPRE-WAR MONEY

And here's a big rear end CZ with a tiny rear end barrel on it:

And a smaller CZ with a cool thing on it:

Obligatory;

Yay CZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I put a CGW Race Hammer and sear, sights, and a flat trigger on my Kadet and 75B, and didn't have much trouble. Everything was pretty straightforward.

ZebraBlade posted:

Yeah holy poo poo the CZC comp hammer + short reset sear is an AMAZING combo. SA pull is 3lbs and DA is amazingly smooth clean 7lbs, the SA pull distance is very short and the reset is just crazy nuts short.

How easy/hard is it to do this upgrade yourself, say to an SP01? Cause drat

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nah mine is the regular safety model, the only time I liked a decocker was on a SIG I handled. Those pictures look fairly straightforward, I'll look into it more

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

If I wanted to use my SP01 as a bedside pistol, what sights would be recommended over the factory Meprolight tritiums? Also, how easy is it to swap sights on an SP01?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

If I was silly enough to pursue an SBRed Evo, what should I know first?

I think about it frequently.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/652018042

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Speaking of CGW, is it possible to have the flat trigger without converting an SP01 to SAO? I hear good things about their defensive pro package, but that flat trigger looks Fully Sick.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

madeintaipei posted:

I think the flat trigger doesn't allow the disconnector to do it's job. If it does, the trigger would be forward enough in da to not make it worth the effort.

Fudge

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

To doubly burst your bubble, you'd need the special SP-01 with a safety to convert to SAO, decocker models can't be converted to SAO. Search Google for model 91711, it's the best CZ75, but it's a slightly custom one and only comes in stock every few months and when it does it sells out fast, like within a day.

Mine is a regular 'ol safetied SP01, non Shadow

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

What makes the race hammer so good?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nabokoffin posted:

Mainly it minimizes the hammer camming that exists on cz75 based trigger groups. Also reduces trigger pull weight.

Neat!

Nice!

I feel that I'd send my SP01 off and I don't intend to carry it. Would the pro package be worth the ~$90 difference over the defense package? I'd also get it converted to SAO since gently caress it I only shoot it in single action anyway, might as well.

Either way I'd also want to get a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pimp Drakula posted:

Beep beep nerds make room for the gratuitously sized attitude and bullets of the CGW'd 97B

holy heck

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

bing_commander posted:

where do i go to get a good price on 75 mags?

I've gotten my last few from Top Gun Supply

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

nwin posted:

Ended up finding it on sons of liberty gun works for $394 with their military discount.

edit: gently caress, they just called me and said that their website hasn't been updating and they are out of stock. According to their distributor, CZ is discontinuing it.

Does CZ hate money or something? Kadet kits are extremely loving cool and good and fun and I supremely regret selling mine

Also can someone give me a quick must know things about the Scorpion Evo? I feel the need for a PCC.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ordered an OD green Scorp pistol and I'm already looking at swapping parts out.

Midwest Industries 6.75" mlok handguard
Apex Tactical optimized grip
HBI reduced weight trigger spring kit

The trigger one is somewhat concerning as I'm seeing Scorpions are now shipped with trigger packs welded in place, but I'm also seeing older models are welded and new ones are just screwed in. Also, would I need a different charging handle to work with the new forend?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

JEEVES420 posted:

The trigger on my P07 is taking some getting used to, a kadet kit would make it a lot cheaper to practice with.

Hmm, kadet kit or keep saving for EVO pistol

EVO imho, the Kadet can be replaced by a dedicated gun or a better kit. I say this having owned a Kadet and regret selling it but wowee did

1) loading those mags suck
2) paying for those mags suck
3) It wanting warm ammo was kinda ehhh cause I love CCI Quiets and it would just barely push the hammer to half cock
3a) Allegedly this can be fixed by snipping a few coils off the guide rod spring but I'm a big nervous weenie when it comes to spring surgery

I'll likely get one of those Bob Nelson .22 kits for my TRP. Threaded from the factory is an option

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ouch

Anyone know how comfy this slide is? Cause it looks cool but not much in the way for a cheekweld.

https://manticorearms.com/scorpion-evo-slider-stock

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Any of y'all got thoughts on the Zhukov stock and adapter for a Scorpion? Right now it's the contender for form 1-ing my gun but holy crap finding them in stock is pretty tricky.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bummey posted:

bad, ugly, clashes with the scorpion's aesthetic, wrong comb height for factory irons, need to use tall rear end AR mounts for optics, bad.

factory stock rules, actually

drat, I think it works well with the aesthetic but everything else is concerning Too bad, just saw the zhukov is available in plum and it's extremely my jam.

Edit:

Anyone got a line on an OD green factory folding Scorpion stock?

Edit 2:

Well this is a handy comparison

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 16, 2018

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

loud-bob posted:

Did you check cz custom?

That's where I saw a thumbnail of the green stock, but all they've got in stock are black and FDE ones. I could get the FDE once it's stamp time and dye it

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Box thread to come, but here are some initial thoughts:

Trigger is Way Too Heavy, ordered the HBI spring kit to fix that.
Forend rails are cheese grater made of glass sharp, Midwest Industries forend coming to replace
Grip angle is weird and the grip itself feels overly huge, Apex Tactical Optimized grip coming as well
The bolt hold open is cool but I vastly prefer putting the charging handle in the back and up position for 1800AREYOUSLAPPIN
Mag release is different, will take time getting used to
Irons are excellent, no change required. Might red dot it, might not
Fiddled with an AFG on it for a minute but some more fiddling revealed that a magwell grip is comfy, workable, and puts my thumb in line with the endcap on the TLR-1 like it was made to be
The safety is STIFF AS gently caress HOLY CRAP also y'all weren't kidding about it digging into your index finger, hopefully the grip change will help that but I can always get a cap delete or something

Put a quick 20 through it with some adorable 10 round mags, Very Fun! Trigger spring swap will likely bump this into Super Fun, and the forend and grip upgrades prolly gonna blast me off into ULTRAFUN territory. Gonna call a title II shop tomorrow and see if they can hold my hand through form 1-ing this thing

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

fknlo posted:

Just get some different safety selectors now. Trust me.

Which one do you suggest? The AK style one looks pretty neato!

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Watched a video on the mini AK selector and that looks perfect, thanks

Also, how do you remove the compensator catch?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bummey posted:

gotta take off the barrel nut. And that fucker is drenched in the reddest loctite you'll find.

Thanks Ordered a wrench from Midwest Industries with their forend which came in extremely handy because what in tarnation

I use my creme brule torch more for gunsmithing than I do cooking

Midwest forend is extremely radical and cool, as is the Apex optimized grip

Got HB Industries' trigger springs coming now along with a mini AK safety. GOOD poo poo GET A SCORP

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Is there some kind of gene that makes the Czechs completely unable to make a decent looking collectable gun? They put loving tribal tattoos on those ones a few years ago, and now look at this poo poo: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/767230486

Just make a loving polished blue CZ-75 and leave it loving alone, how hard is that? I mean come on, how good does this look:

Fords Refinishing, before anyone asks

Shucks howdy that looks nice

What doesn't look nice is the HB Industries trigger return spring I got today slipping out of place, resulting in a dead trigger Took four hours fighting the trigger pack to get it reassembled and the poo poo don't work. I emailed HBI about it so hopefully it's something like I just got a lemon spring, but it's still a bummer.

Edit:

Short leg on the trigger return spring has to be flush up against the trigger pack housing. I had to shim that leg in place when I installed and now my trigger resets, it's just really sluggish doing so. Probably not straight enough

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 28, 2018

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hey Scorpion havers with HB Industries trigger springs: Do you have problems with your trigger resetting? I emailed them about my gun and they told me the short leg needs to be flush up against the trigger pack housing and I straightened it out where it went from "lol I will never reset gently caress off" to "ok I guess I'll reset sometimes" and I'm a little nervous of bending it even more.

To HBI's credit though they got back to me at 2AM on a Friday night so that was unexpected and radical

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tyro posted:

Weird, I have had zero issues with mine.

Can you take a pic of your trigger guts? Here's the pic HBI posted on CZfirearms when someone else had the same problem:

The orange leg on mine points slightly left, and before I bent it it was completely under the long leg.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Yeah mine was crossed over like yours and wouldn't reset at all. The short leg on mine is now closer to the trigger pack wall, but not completely flush up against it

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I thought maybe my trigger needed some oil to help it reset more reliably. A few drops and now it resets even less frequently.

Think I'll just send it off to Shooter's Element for their polish job and have them put in a new set of HBI springs cause 1) what the gently caress and 2) I ain't goin' back to factory springs

Edit:

A nice man from Shooter's Element tells me he's fixed this exact problem before and to just make a note of it in the order, yay

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 13, 2018

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Scorp having two different thread mount things is confusing me so someone tell my stupid self which threads get a mount for a suppressor, the smaller one or the bigger one here that was caked in thread locker:

At either rate, I want to get a three lug mount.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Would it be safe to mount a can on the 18x1 threads and leave the 1/2x28 threads exposed inside the can?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bummey posted:

Depends on what mount/handguard you're using. Are the larger threads slightly recessed under the stock handguard? There may not be room for a 3lug to go in there, if anyone even makes 3lug adapters for 18x1.

I got the Midwest Industries handguard on, and the big threads are exposed.

Tyro posted:

Someone does make them, I want to say it's manticore?

Yup:

https://manticorearms.com/scorpion-evo-tri-lug-adapter

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Did some more digging on three lug mounts for the Scorp, and found this:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/3-Lug-Adapter-For-CZ-Scorpion-Evo-5p17616.htm

It looks drat near perfect, and it's cool that it uses the retaining clip thing even though I took mine off when removing the barrel nut. Wonder if I could reattach it somehow.

Shame this mount is out of stock though

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Got my Scorp lower back from Shooters Element. Had them do their polish job, add new HBI spring kit since maybe mine was just a lemon I don't know, and put a flat faced trigger shoe on.

Holy poo poo it's so much better y'all

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

A week on the money, as advertised on their trigger job page. Arrived with them on Friday, got it back on a Friday

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

A little over a month ago, well within the time to get the revised spring kit. Maybe I just flubbed it super hard trying to install it, dunno. I know I had to straighten the short leg of the spring so they weren't crossed over which made some improvement, but I still had a really unreliable reset.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

wkarma posted:

quick and dirty pics, until I get some better ones

Hell yeah, Kadets own bones

Got a package from HKParts today

Threads on nice and smooth, doesn't quiiiite go all the way down to the 18x1 threads. Did some shooting with it and had no problems, though it did back off just a hair. Sadly I can't put my compensator catch back on because it uses the factory barrel nut that this Midwest Industries forend doesn't work with, so welp. Probably gonna hit it with some rocksett or something. Tomorrow I'm going down to the title II shop to get stuff going

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Got a thing from Manticore Arms yesterday

Now I can charge my gun and not feel like I'm shaking hands with a cat

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

hey it's that fun and cool gun

Bummey posted:

the carbines are dumb and stupid get the real one. the short one. stubby. get the stubby one. look at how long and dumb that 16" barrel is.

pew pew pew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Steeltalon posted:

<trigger words>

I too sent my lower off to Shooter's Element as the factory trigger is Bad and the HBI kit I got was still fucky in that the trigger wouldn't reset half the time. A week later and I've got an HBI spring kit, flat trigger, and a bunch of polished bits. poo poo owns would recommend.