Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Goddammit

CZs are literally the only guns outside of 1911s that tempt me away from glocks.

at least 1911s I know I don't have the money for them in the immediate future but CZs...

This is a tanfoglio that I used to own whose grips I stained.

sweet gun but the safety sucked, the DA trigger was like 20lbs, and I didn't like the non-existent customer service. also jammed frequently and had problems both with feeding and extraction. Sold it to pay for another glock. It was a loving sweet shooter though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Okay, so I'm really close to buying a lightly used Dan Wesson Pointman-7. Anybody have any experience with them? drat fine looking gun, really really smooth action, match barrel and whatnot. Right now it's a toss-up between the DW and an Anshutz .22mag off gunborker.

get the DW.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

ZebraBlade posted:

Just got a call from my FFL and the CZ75 SP-01 I ordered is on its way to the shop

My first 9mm, I haven't even shot a 9mm before

...really??

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

NatasDog posted:

I went with the Combat and can't say I'm disappointed. The factory sights are nice on the B, but it wasn't a huge jump in price going with the Combat so I figured what the hell. I think the only major difference between the B and Combat is the safety. According to cz-usa's site, the B has a firing pin safety stop while the Combat has a hammer safety stop.

I don't believe the mag release is reversible, but honestly I have no problems dropping the mag with my middle or trigger fingers. The only thing that made me really want the 85 over the 75 was the safety. It's not like it's a big deal if you're using both hands to shoot, but it's nice to be able to work everything easily single handed.

Oh yeah, here's a pic of my 85 fresh out of the box. I should probably take some new pics now that it's all cleaned up and has a few hundred rounds through it.

Funny E/N story; I got my 85 at the suggestion of TFR, only to find out after my purchase that my gun nut uncle is also a hardcore CZ lover. He called me after he heard second hand through my dad and told me that's the same gun he would have suggested. He's got a 75B and and 85 Combat that he loves to use at the range.

I'm currently debating whether or not I want to go with a P07 for my carry gun. Anyone here tried/own a P07 that would like to weigh in with any lessons learned?

I have heard not impressive things about the P07. Honestly you are probably better served by the P01.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I did...Crosspostin' from my box thread for some CZ love.

God drat that is the loving sweetest pistol.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Scottish_Loser posted:

Yeah I got my CZ-75B from a gun show a ways back. NIB 2 mags out the door for $430. Did I get a good price? Also it has "night sights" (read: glow in the dark after a quick charge with a flashlight) :3

That's a great price.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, the BHP *CAN* have a great trigger, but stock BHP trigger pulls are often pretty bad.

I wasn't super impressed with the trigger on the few BHPs ive fired either.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

IuniusBrutus posted:

Ok, so the local store has a CZ75B in the satin nickle with three magazines in excellent condition for $425. It's on consignment too, so I think I get away with no sales tax...pull the trigger on it or no?

I would.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

OWLS! posted:

Are you sure you're not riding the slidestop by accident?

yeah, this is what I was thinking. Are you sure it was 1 mag in specific? Take a look a thefollower and look to see if it looks different from the others.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Colonial Air Force posted:

Can we also talk about derivatives in here?

D/dx e^x = e^x

D/dx (a(x)/b(x) = a'(x)b(x)-b'(x)a(x)/[b(x)^2]

d/dx (f(x)g(x)= f'(x)g(x)+f(x)g'(x)

what's the power rule again?

devmd01 posted:

Sure, my favorite is 4*(x^3)

x^4? lame. mine is definitely e^x

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

Well, it looks like I'm not getting my PX4 back any time soon.

So now I'm looking at CZs that I could both carry and shoot IDPA with. I want the heaviest, biggest gun I can still conceal at 6'2, 200, so I'm thinking a straight 75B, 75 SA or 85 Combat.

Which one will wrap carry-ability, shootability and ease of resale together best?

Hey, are you sincerely interested in IDPA? I started shooting with a group out in Simsbury and they're great. Casual and fun, good guys all around. If you come I want to try your CZ, they are the only thing that could tempt me away from the Dark Side (glocks)

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

You know i've never had hammer bite from a BHP

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

Yes, and I don't have the money to pick up another handgun yet.

Trying to scratch the itch with my Mark III but it just isn't the same.

What centerfire handguns do you have right now? You can probably borrow one of my Glocks if you wanna shoot IDPA, though Nov's match with the NECPL is rifle only.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

The only handgun I have is a Ruger Mark III right now. I think the only centerfire rifles I have ammo for are a Kar98K and an M39, too.

Might have the money together for a CZ and some brass and bullets in a couple of months but right now I'm broke.

If you still want to shoot IDPA between SFH1989 and myself I think that we will probably have a gun and a holster and mags + mgpouch for you if you just supply the ammo.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Operating Rod posted:

If the distances are reasonable I could get off my rear end and load some .30 Carbine for the rifle-only shoot. What else would I need? Would a mag pouch and dump pouch be ok?

I'm not sure, I am going to ask the guy who organizes it. I have literally never shot rifle anything so I don't know how it works but I think all you need are mag pouches really, i think the dump pouch is the floor. I do know that in pistol IDPA you have to retain your mags any time you reload before slide lock so maybe a dump pouch would be useful for that.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

ShaneB posted:

Is this safe? Meaning: is any great stress placed upon the slide stop pieces when firing? I can't really tell what it does during firing, if anything.

No. Get a new slide stop. It plays a not insignificant part in actually holding your slide into the gun.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Whale Cancer posted:

Does anyone make a Serpa holster for the CZ75?

Don't buy a Serpa, they are awful.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Quickshanks posted:

Shop has a pre-b 75 with 95% enamel finish for $325. is that a deal worth jumping on?

Frame or slide safety ';

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Is yours 9mm or .40?

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

kuffs posted:

It's a 9mm

A secret part of me wants to sell all of my glocks an buy some sort of carry-sized CZ and a CZ75TS. You make that side grow whenever you post pictures of your gun. just an FYI.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

BrianM87 posted:

So I went into one of my local shops today thinking I would see if they had any CZs to look at. The only one they had was an SP-01 Phantom. I really liked how it felt and pretty much did an impulse trade with my XD-9 for it. Now that I've read this thread though, I hope I haven't made some horrible mistake.

between the XD and the CZ the CZ is a vastly better gun. enjoy yours!

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

LifeSizePotato posted:

That's not a bad deal for that, actually. Unfortunately, I only have eyes for the 3000. I like the full dust cover look.

I posted it in the "what gun this instant" thread recently, but I pretty much want this in 9mm.

wtf?? where is that reddot mounted? That poo poo cray. Over the ejection port??

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Pham Nuwen posted:

Frankly I cannot imagine how you could ND lowering the hammer on a CZ-82.

You should ditch that attitude rikki-tik if you are actually going to be lowering a hammer on a loaded chamber. Otherwise you WILL have an ND.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Unskilled Labour posted:

I know that in IPSC production class, lowering a hammer on a loaded chamber is very common, as the first shot is usually double action with a chambered round.

I know IPSC does this and my response is basically twofold -

1. Before a match, you are lowering the chamber in a safe direction on a live fire range such that IF the gun goes off it will go downrange, where tens of thousands of bullets have gone before it, into a berm that is 99.99999999999% likely to take the bullet with no loss of life, limb, or property. at HOME when you are in your stanky gooncave, no matter how safe you safe direction is it will still never be as safe as the backstop of a firing range, Period. Even if you are in your basement, you're still going to put a hole in the wall, potentially have a ricochet, and definitely damage the hell out of your ears and your relationship with whomever else you are sharing that house or apartment with.

And that's best case scenario. Worst case scenario you are Pham Nuwem and you've maybe had a beer or two and you frankly cannot imagine how you'd have an ND lowering a hammer on a hot chamber and so you go to prove it to yourself again and BAM hole through your lovely apartment wall and you just popped your neighbor's cat. Or your neighbor.

2. It's still loving stupid even if you do it in IPSC.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

A good start would be go to 2000 rounds w/o cleaning or lubrication.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

IuniusBrutus posted:

CZ torture test completed today!

Except I only made it ~160 rounds before I had a stove pipe.

First 100 rounds were S&B 115gr, which ran flawlessly. After that, I put 10 rounds of Hornady 147gr Critical Defense JHPs through it, which fed fine too. I then made it through about 50 of my handloads before it stove-piped. Remaining 50 went fine.

I'm not going to get too upset yet, since my handloads aren't exactly perfected yet, and I don't load them terribly hot. That said, I'm a little upset still.

Yeah honestly if it's handloaded ammo I dunno if I'd count that. I've had other otherwise great guns choke on bad ammo.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Anyone in CT know of a good shop in the New Haven area?

Newington Gun Exchange is pretty good. Never checked out anywhere else.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

DeesGrandpa posted:

Range report: my 75D compact/P01 thing loving owns. Trigger is a bit more meh than I was expecting, but it's light, got great ergos, reliable accurate, etc. I'm selling my LCR, because gently caress it I'm just going to carry this.

Gotta get some wood grips on that thing dude.

Also definitely test a box of your JHPs to make sure they work w/ mags + ramp profile

Where did you shoot?

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Goldfinger posted:

Got my SP01 back from Cajun Gunworks today.

CGW Race hammer
CGW springs
CGW extended S-7 tool steel firing pin (2.488" OAL)
CGW M7 tool steel firing pin retaining pin
SAO aluminum trigger set for pre-& over-travel
12# CGW recoil spring

That gives me such a boner

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

gimpsuitjones posted:

That machining is Terrible

Looks like Bruno was drunk at work that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Shithead Deluxe posted:

I took a comparison pic, lost my P-01 in my palm hair. FML.

Gotta stop whackin it