Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I want a first model CZ 75 so badly. Those short rails call to me. Also a pre-b. For now, the PCR will have to do. I can't justify a third handgun so early in the year.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Edit derp

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 27, 2011

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I have heard not impressive things about the P07. Honestly you are probably better served by the P01.

The P-07 is rear end ugly, too.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Heintron posted:

GF poses. by Heintron, on Flickr

Either she has huge hands or mine are tinier than I thought, because I can't even touch the end of the trigger guard with my finger.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

OWLS! posted:

Lemme know how you like the Kadet kit. I've been kicking around the idea of picking one up myself.

I've had a few troubles with mine on a PCR. The magazines don't quite seat firmly and this prevents the bolt from locking back after the last round, causing the occasional dry fire if I (or my friend) am not focusing on counting. It also sometimes fails to chamber the first round, so I have to double check the chamber on the first shot.

The magazines must hate my PCR, I don't know. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with it.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 27, 2011

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Uncle Caveman posted:

x39. I considered the .223 version since I am a huge FONV nerd but a fellow tfr'er was selling it and I never shoot my Saiga sporter.

I think I need this.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

What kind of difference in performance should I expect between a carbine and full length 527 in 223? I don't hunt so I don't need to bullseye a deer's heart at 200 yards or whatever. I just like the aesthetic of stubby rifles. This would purely be a range toy, assuming I ever buy it. Which I probably won't because I don't know how to make up my mind about anything.

edit: Hell, what about 223 vs x39 while I'm asking? I have no experience with any rifle cartridges larger than 22LR. Ammo cost is my biggest concern. I'm a huge scrooge when buying ammo.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 29, 2011

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Fhate posted:

Does anybody happen to know of a good inside-the-waistband holster for a CZ 75 Compact? CZ has one on their web site, but given that it's around $15 I'm slightly dubious of it, as I've been told that decent holsters are almost always $60-100 or more.

Crossbreed Supertuck is a decent holster for 75 models (full size, Compact and PCR). If you have a P-01 you should definitely get an MTAC.

ShaneB posted:

If you can, recommend me a CZ pistol to get or some CZs to try at the range.

Deets:
I have large hands
I don't need concealed carry, this would be for the range and maybe some imaginary home defense
It must take the Kadet kit (is this all CZ pistols?)
I like target shooting so accuracy is fun, but I'm sure any of them are sufficient for my skill level
Must have grip comfortable for a long range session, or be able to take comfortable grip

CZ 75B or SP-01 should be perfect.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 13, 2011

Bummey
May 26, 2004

hagrd posted:

I'd say just different enough. Never tried CZ grips but I do know that stuff like mags, springs and such, won't work without modifications.

Ask me about my $150 slide stop.

please don't

I might have to. What's the deal with your $150 slide stop? At that point wouldn't it just be better to go with a CZ rather than some obscure clone with hard to find/expensive parts? Why did you decide to go with a Sphinx, anyway? What does it offer that CZ doesn't?

edit: I don't know anything about them, so don't take this post as me talking poo poo or anything like that.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 7, 2011

Bummey
May 26, 2004

iyaayas01 posted:

Personally, I really dig the finish wear.

I really like the beaten to poo poo look, too. The duracoat on the new guns just chips and flakes off. My PCR is looking pretty grim, despite babying it at the range and little to no carry. It doesn't wear nicely like other finishes.

also spur hammers are rad.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 25, 2011

Bummey
May 26, 2004

The P07 wasn't ugly enough so they had to make a bigger one.

CZs used to be so pretty.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

king of the bongo posted:

May I interest you in a short slide fullsize?

I'm joining the Shadow club today and this is the first thing I'm going to do with it and my PCR. before I sell the PCR to a friend who lives locally so it's still within arm's reach

also hey, does anyone know a light compatible holster for the SP-01? Raven doesn't do that and this TLR-1 that is begging to be used.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

ZebraBlade posted:

I recently got a TLR-1 for my SP-01 and have been unable to find a holster. I am betting that making your own would be the best option at this point.

Off to the Kydex thread, then.. I'm gonna have to get a shitload of Kydex to make up for all my mistakes.

edit: Holy poo poo, this trigger. This gun. My PCR may as well be a hi point.

I'm so sorry, PCR, that was too mean.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 3, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

My PCR had a gritty, heavy trigger when I first got it too. It's smoothed out nicely though, don't fear too much.

I was commenting on my new Shadow's trigger and comparing it to my year old PCR, but I still adore the little bastard.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 3, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Heintron posted:

Just got a 26 round magazine. Looks nice I guess.

How does it feed? Better than the other giant one you had? These 18 rounders are neat, but if I can, why not put half a box of ammo into a single mag and make this thing even heavier?

Also, other SP-01 people, do your 18 mags rattle when fully loaded? I could entertain a baby all day shaking these things. Downloaded one round they don't rattle as much. My PCR mags never did this. Is there anything I can do about this?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

devmd01 posted:

Those last two rounds aren't worth my thumbs.

GetaLula

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Two days after emailing Raven and asking why CZ was missing from the list of light compatible holsters, I check their site today and CZ is suddenly on said list. It's just the ugly duckling P-07 for now, but hopefully they'll get an SP-01 so I don't have to shame myself by ruining several sheets of Kydex.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

My new Shadow went bang much today. It's so much nicer to shoot than the PCR.

I also didn't gently caress up the Kadet kit when I filed the slide for fitting and it properly locks back at the end of a magazine.

I love this pistol and I need more ammo right away.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Alaan posted:

Are there C&R 75s or is the 82 C&R just because the ATF said so and that's that.

Are pre-B posurp CZ 75s C&R?

As much as I love my shadow, I still want a beaten to poo poo pre-b or first model short slide rail 75.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Like vz.58s and their US-receivered clones!

Speaking of vz 58s, where would be a good place to get one from? I'd want the weird red furniture, obviously.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

J&G has some VZ-2008s for $500 in the awesome Slimjim stock you want.

EDIT! Czechpoint also has vz.58s without bayonet lug for about $800.

What's the difference between the two? Why is Czechpoint's $300 more? Is it because J&G's are Century? I don't really know anything about all these importers and whatnot.

J&G, with 5 additional mags, is certainly looking like the way to go.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

powers posted:

CZ SP01 Shadow owners, tell me about your awesome pistol.

Just do it, get the Shadow. They're pretty awesome pistols. Great weight, ergos, natural pointing, easy recoil - especially with the kadet kit, the drat thing doesn't even twitch. Just fun times all around.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

powers posted:

Does it look goofy with the cadet kit? I was trying to picture it because they have noticeably different frames. You guys were playing mix and match frames a few pages back, so I had that in my head.

The short slide was a PCR/P-01 slide, not the Kadet. The Kadet slide is full size and it doesn't look any different with it on.

You will have to file some metal off a few parts of the Kadet slide for it to fit on the SP-01, however. I took it very, very slowly because my hands are retarded.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

Supposedly only has 200 rounds through it...but the wear on the finish of the slide rails and inside of the slide makes me think otherwise. Tt DOES look similiar to my PCR though, which has ~1500 rounds through it. Maybe CZ just doesn't finish the insides of the slides that well? Does anyone have a SP-01 they could compare?

With the light this thing is holy gently caress heavy.

You have chosen well. Can you get a picture of the wear on the insides? I bought my shadow heavily used and it looks fine. I only have an iphone for a camera, but I can take some lovely pictures to compare.

I like the weight! My PCR and PPS are practically weightless to me now. As a side effect it has spoiled me on recoil because I feel it a lot more in those two now.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 14, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Someone should go to the Indy 1500, bring their SP-01/TLR-1 and get a shitload of Raven holsters made.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 15, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

A real original short rail CZ 75 is probably not going to make its home in my safe, and this one won't either. They're only making 6 batches of 75 pistols, with 1 batch coming to the US. They're probably going to be spendy, unlike that stupid Cold War commemorative that I still see hanging around unsold in shops.

I just want those perfectly tiny, short rails..
                                /

Bummey fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 19, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Nubcakes posted:

Speaking of CZ75(s), what type of ammo can I run through my SP01? It says 9X19 but until now I didn't notice how many... labels/types(?) of 9X19 there were;

9mm Luger
9mm Parabellum
9X19mm
+9X19mm
++9X19mm
9X19mm NATO
9mm NATO
+9mm NATO
+P 9mm
+P 9mm NATO
+P+ 9mm
+P+ 9X19mm

I'd imagine anything with a "+", "+P", or "+P+" in front of the cartridge name would be overpressure ammunition.

Short answer: All of it. Mostly.

When someone says 9mm, they're almost always referring to 9x19 Luger/Parabellum. Different names, same cartridge. 9mm NATO is just 9x19 with a hotter load, but you're unlikely to find NATO ammo unless you're actually going out of your way to buy it. You won't see it in WalMart.

+P is a SAAMI standard based on certain levels of pressure over a standard loading, where +P+ has no SAAMI pressure standard and can very widely from cheapo Wolf/Tula levels all the way up to explode your gun moosefucker loads. It's impossible to tell how it's loaded, so I stay far away from +P+.

All over pressure rounds will cause more wear and tear on the gun than regular ammo, but you'd be hard pressed to find a quality, modern pistol that can't handle +P rounds. That doesn't mean you should exclusively shoot +P, but practicing with your +P carry load is fine.

As for the other poo poo like 9mm NATO +P, ++9, +9, I don't know. NATO is already +P, so NATO +P is, what? Don't worry about anything except regular rear end 9mm Luger/Parabellum and +P loads, because those are the ones you're going to be seeing.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 21, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

ZebraBlade posted:

Are there any CZ75 mags with a higher cap than the factory 19 rounders that came with my SP-01 that dont suck dog balls? I know Heintron has one but I recall it being terrible.

Heintron got a second big mag from another manufacturer but he hasn't yet posted to tell us if it's poo poo or not.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Basticle posted:

I've never fired a CZ before today. I just took my CHL certification course and one of the handguns the instructor brought was his SP-01 and I asked to fire it and words cannot describe how glorious an experience it was.

Same thing happened at my course. The PCR I brought paled in comparison to his tricked out Shadow.

Now I have a Shadow and it is just as glorious. (get one)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

You should really get the hammer and trigger job done. My PCR's trigger never quite improved to my liking. The Shadow's is a world of difference. I kinda want to turn it into SAO, too.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

kuffs posted:

Or I think that CZC makes a SAO version of this http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/CZ-75-Shadow-CTS-Longslide-P/.

Oh gosh I want this long slide so badly

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Heintron posted:

I have this: http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-cz-85-b-luger-9mm-26-round/d-70576/

And it works flawlessly in my SP01 Shadow. The last rounds are hard to load into the mag without a lula though.

63 euro is a lot of dollars. So much for that idea! I already have 9 18 rounders anyway.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Edit: what he said vvv

Bummey fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 29, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

You made some good choices for being so new.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I hate to link a nutnfancy video, but here's 40 minutes of Angus Hobdell being totally charming and talking about CZ Custom guns at Shot 2012. Too bad that babbling manchild won't stop interrupting Angus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDi0_VDAcQU

My phone tried to autocorrect nutnfancy to butt fancy.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Azuren posted:

Hello friends, please educate me. Looking at getting a CZ-75 SP-01 and am curious about the different models. Do both the SP-01 and SP-01 tactical come with night sights and a rail for a light? What are the differences between the two, looking at CZ-USA's page it appears only the SP-01 has an external manual safety, and the tactical has a decocker in place of the manual safety? What are the differences and advantages/disadvantages of the manual safety vs the decocker? This would be for both range and potentially (non-concealed) carry for work. Finally, do CZs do well with steel-cased 9mm like Tulammo or do they need brass. Thanks.

All SP-01 models come with a rail. Regular SP-01 ha a manual safety, Tactical has a decocker. Don't get the polymer framed Phantom, its lighter weight and fixed grips are a disservice to the platform. The Shadow is an all steel custom competition gun and not to be confused with the polymer framed Phantom.

Safety versus decocker, it doesn't matter much. As a range gun, you'll likely never use the safety. The decocker will give you a safe way to lower the hammer on a chambered round, but at the range and with practice you can do that manually.

With the safety equipped model you'll have the option to carry cocked and locked single action or at half cock double action. With the decocker model it's half cock/DA only. It's really just a matter of preference.

CZs do fine with steel cased ammo. I get the occasional light primer strike with my Shadow, but I attribute that to the lighter mainspring. My stock configuration PCR never had a problem with steel cased ammo over a thousandish rounds.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

BrianM87 posted:

There is one problem I had though. Whenever I put a loaded magazine in with any kind of force, the slide slammed shut. At first I thought I had my thumb on the stop but that turned out to not be the case. Is this normal or should I have it looked at?

The slide dropping when you slam a magazine in is normal.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=276700656

Dear G43: please get a demo letter and buy this, so I can shoot it.

Oh poo poo. I wonder what the reserve is? Shouldn't it be many thousands more than 500?

What's the significance of that letter you need and how does it differ from other nfa whatevers?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Craptacular posted:

I must do this to my shadow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

GEEKABALL posted:

This has probably already been covered in this thread, but maybe someone has time to answer this: What are the advantages/disadvantages of the pre-B CZ75 over the CZ75B? Does the addition of the firing pin block affect trigger pull? How much does it affect the safe operation of the gun? Are the only other differences cosmetic?

I'm pretty sure they're different enough that Magazines and (some?) parts are not interchangeable. Get a B, they're cheap enough that you won't be spending much more than a pre-B and you'll have more support for it.