Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

My CZ452 Varmint is literally the only gun I own that has wood anywhere on it.

Does anyone know where I can get a poly stock that will fit it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

gimpsuitjones posted:

Wilddog in Australia, also there's a place in the UK

not poly though, fiberglass.

Poly, fiberglass, whatever. I'm not going to bother importing a stock though. McMillan apparently makes a rimfire stock that fits CZs now but they want over $400 for it...

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

Someone in a free state please buy this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234015597

1/2x20 threaded barrel

Just get a non-threaded rifle and have a gunsmith thread it to the proper pitch.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

gimpsuitjones posted:

1/2"x20 is a common thread for suppressors in Europe/UK/NZ, or "most of the places you can legally have suppressors"

If US suppressor makers don't give you options for different threads then gently caress them?

I know it's a common threading other places, but that's beside the point. Manufacturers here do give threading options for some calibers but I can't think of a US-made .22LR suppressor that uses anything other than 1/2x28. It'd be nice to have the option to buy foreign suppressors too but that's illegal.

Also, why do you guys use a threading based on imperial measurements? I'd have thought you'd use something metric.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Holy poo poo, that category (b) is a hell of a loophole. Did Mr. Jensen give any other reasons than "It's in my museum and I curated it"?

e: hell of a loophole meaning you'd have to go through the whole process of being a curator and then getting the guns
My post-lottery-win daydream of buying my own town so I can be the police chief and buy all the post-86 machine guns I want now has a part B where I open a municipal firearms museum. As curator I will be notifying the ATF that a lot more firearms are now C&R.

Seriously though I'm surprised that no one's tried using this for other firearms too. There has to be a pro-gun curator or two out there who could be convinced that certain <50 y.o. guns should be C&R.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Like vz.58s and their US-receivered clones!

All 1911's

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

It looks like CZ did a really lame ripoff of Scope's "party CZ" design.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Not uncommon. Here's a 1911 doing the same thing:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Fitting inside a box with those dimensions is required for guns in that particular discipline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Import it as a pistol, then register it as an SBR and add the stock once it's in the country.