Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

We have an HK megathread too.

I had an SP01 that was nothing but problems from the start that I ultimately sold. I also had a CZ 452 that didn't work out so great, but it sure was pretty. Undeterred, I am going to try again with a CZ-75 soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Mad Dragon posted:

sissy mary

The TLR-1 on my Sig 229 looks like this too. I think it's cool.

I need to clean the front lens now and then because it can get pretty clouded.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Heintron posted:

Me doing a videoreview of the crap 30 round magazines I recently got for my CZ 75:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvjKlOUA1Uk

Video of me trying to use it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WGy-0TM4s

tldr, do not buy the 30 round magazines.

What is the chance that something goes wrong with that carbine kit and the gun comes loose without you realizing it? It seems like it would be pretty easy to shoot your support hand off if you didn't have the gun lined up correctly.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Buce posted:

i've been reading that some people replace the polymer guide rod on cz75 with an aftermarket steel rod. Is there any real rational behind this or is it just folks assuming that plastic is weak/worthless etc.?

Usually it's "plastic is worthless" (though for guide rods sometimes plastic is more reliable) but some people prefer the added weight of a solid piece of neutron star in the front of their gun to help tame recoil.

Sane people use whatever the manufacturer put in the gun.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

powers posted:

this thread is really making me want a SP-01.

If it wasn't for my critical inability to properly grasp the slide I'd still have an SP-01. Softest shooting 9mm I've ever fired. The fact they're available in SAO almost makes me give up my dream of owning an X-Five.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Does the P-07 have a ridiculously high bore axis or just look like it has a ridiculously high bore axis?

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

IuniusBrutus posted:

SP-01 for $500 out the door. Yay or nay? It's not going to be used for tacticool purposes, so the rail doesn't do me any good...am I better off saving the extra money and buying a standard full-size CZ later?

I liked the SP-01 (not P-01, right?). If it were me I'd get it and do something to make sure the trigger is nice and crisp and that's it.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

IuniusBrutus posted:

[Most of the finish is gone from the slide rails and where the locking lugs engage. Not sure if thats normal on these. There is also a pink tint to some of the metal on the barrel and frame, not sure if that's normal discoloration from CLP or what?

I wouldn't worry too much about the finish or discoloration. Take it down and clean it real good and make sure there aren't any cracks or burrs (look closely!) before putting it back together. Does it rattle excessively? Does it shoot reliably and straight? All the finish wear proves is that it's been shot, if it passes the other tests then there is nothing to worry about.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

My SP-01 came with night sights. I don't recall it being advertised as such, so I was surprised to find that out when I got it.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

I personally like having firing pin blocks on guns and the trigger on a CZ with an FPB isn't at all bad. It's no racegun, but it could be just as easily argued that for a paper punching gun you might as well have that feature, as you're more likely to accidentally drop the gun than you are accidentally join USPSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

areyoucontagious posted:

When people say the 75B or SP01 needs trigger work, what do they mean? Is there something wrong with the trigger pull?

My SP-01 had good DA but there was some creep in SA. It's not a match grade racegun trigger but as pistol triggers go it was pretty average. It probably smooths out over time and it was never enough to make me want to change anything.

For reference I think stock Sig triggers are pretty great (if you don't mind the reset) and I don't really care about 1-pound/1mm of travel 1911 triggers.