Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bahama.Llama
Aug 17, 2006

Scary Money
Verizon has confirmed that DX's will get 2.3 starting Friday, May 27. I'll believe it when I see it :colbert:

Computer World posted:

Verizon Wireless has just confirmed that the Android 2.3 upgrade will become available to Droid X owners this Friday, May 27. The upgrade includes speed improvements, better Android battery life, and a refreshed user interface, among other new features and improvements. (For a full rundown of what's new in Android 2.3, check out my Android Gingerbread FAQ.)

According to Verizon's Droid X Software Update page, you'll be able to manually install the update by looking in the "System Updates" section of your phone's "About Phone" settings menu. Once the update is available, you should see a "Download" link there that'll initiate the upgrade process.

Source: http://blogs.computerworld.com/18350/verizon_droid_x_gingerbread_upgrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahama.Llama
Aug 17, 2006

Scary Money

Pablo Gigante posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/25/gingerbread-finally-coming-to-droid-x-friday-droid-2-and-pro-to/

Droid X finally for real getting Gingerbread update this Friday

EDIT: Motherfuck!

:clint:

muckswirler posted:

Droid X deal isn't working anymore. Bummer!

Yeah, that sounds about right. After I order my kit, I quickly emailed my parents with instructions on how to get the deal. My dad gave it a try and by 2:00pm EST, the price went up to $49.97. He gave them a ring and the CSR on the phone said "Well... that item is $49.97". Sounds like the deal is indeed dead.

Now I wonder if they will honor all of those $20 packages. When I go to check the status of my order here, I get a "Page Not Found" error :ohdear:.

Bahama.Llama fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 25, 2011

Bahama.Llama
Aug 17, 2006

Scary Money

Flyboy925 posted:

So I was looking at getting a family plan set up through Amazon Wireless, to get the cheap phones. I also have a discount of 18% through either my parents or wife's work. When we called Verizon Wireless, they told us that the Amazon wireless is not connected to VZW, and that we would have to do everything through Amazon. Is this true, or BS? I would love to get the cheap phones, and then the discount, but want to make sure I get this correct before I place an order, and see what costs figure out to be. Is it truly a one or the other, or can you work it this way with a work discount and amazon cheap phones?

Well it's my understand that once you set up your new account through Verizon, you call them afterwards to get your discount applied.

• Locked thread