Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm currently on Sprint and want to be added to my friend's existing Verizon family plan. I think he has one of the older family plans, not a share everything or whatever.

Is buying it from this link on Amazon the cheapest way to go:

http://wireless.amazon.com/dp/B009P5WWPC

I don't really get how Amazon is selling the Razr MAXX HD for $100 while Verizon sells them for $250, is this right? I just have him click "Add to my Family Account" and I should be good to go? How do I go about keeping my current Sprint number.

Or am I all wrong about how this works?

Basically how do I switch my Sprint line over to a Razr MAXX on my friends family plan? Thanks ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I can't decide between the Razr maxx HD and the HTC Droid DNA. I've read all the reviews but i still can't decide. My Evo 3D has a dual core processor so I feel like the Razrs processor is a bit of a let down and the 1080p screen on the DNA sounds fantastic. I'm already used to having not that great battery life but with my Evo, I really rely on being able to switch out battery's. The non removable battery on the DNA worries me. Also the lack of memory expansion on the DNA is kind of lovely.

Which one should i pick?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

EbolaIvory posted:

RAZR maxx HD. Simple.

I went ahead and ordered the Maxx HD but after seeing one in a store I'm a little worried that I'll get annoyed by the drat task bar at the bottom. When you take those icons into account, the screen is basically the same size as my Evo. The DNA's screen on the other hand looks like an actual upgrade.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

ProjektorBoy posted:

Not all dual-core processors are the same. Especially since the Evo3D had Qualcomm's previous-generation dual-core and the Razr Maxx has the newer dual-core S4. The Snapdragon S4 processor is leaps and bounds more efficient at battery and processing power all at once.

I did not know this, thanks for the info.

I'll probably end up sticking with the Maxx HD. After reading a ton of reviews and comparisons, the only thing on the DNA I'm left really envious of is the extra screen size and wireless charging, it sounds really convenient.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
My Droid Razr Maxx HD just stopped working the other day. I got a little red triangle with a plus in the middle of it in the notification bar that said all I could make were emergency calls. I thought maybe it was the SIM but when they replaced it at the Verizon store the phone still wouldn't work. The guy says the phone is basically bricked and that there is no way to fix it. Is this accurate? Everything else seems to work and wifi is fine but it can't connect to a tower.

I've never had a phone go tits up like this before. I'm pretty rough on my phones and the thing seemed rock solid.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Dumb question, but have you paid your bill?

I'm a part of a family plan where I barely see the main account holder but as far as I'm aware yes everything is paid and current.

Second dude at the verizon store said the phone is bricked which loving sucks because I was pretty happy with the Maxx HD and planned to keep it for another year. Anyways I guess its time for a new phone. What do guys like between the new Droid Maxx and the LG G2? I like the battery life and wireless charging on the Maxx but the G2 seems to have better specs.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Right on. Maxx it is. Any particular charging pad you guys recommend? Charging should still work with one of those thin covers right?

I've really been looking forward to having a phone with wireless charging. I hate having to plug my phone in.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
So I cracked the screen on my 5 day old Droid Maxx. loving thing is supposed to be resilient but a less than 1 foot drop on its corner did it in.

I think I'm still within the 30 day period of being able to sign up for equipment protection. Should I do this to get a new phone? Is it a pain in the rear end with lots of loopholes or do I just sign up, wait a month and call in the claim? Also, I'm just one of the lines on a family plan and used one of the line upgrades to get the new phone. Will they still let me sign up for equipment protection or is it for brand new accounts only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Thanks ya'll just added the $10 coverage.

• Locked thread