Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

I'm currently on the old plan with unlimited data and I've got a discount through my employer. Would I able to transfer my fiancee's account under my name so it would also get the discount, and keep my unlimited data?

She has a dumbphone on a plan with 450minutes and some sort of 25MB data package for email (I've never heard of that data plan and I don't even think she even uses it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

Edit: NM...got a hold of the update, on 4.0.3 now

Rockker fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 6, 2013

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

I'm thinking about upgrading to an HTC One but this will end my unlimited plan. I don't think I've ever used more than 4gb, so its not that big of a deal. Are unlimited plans able to be transferred via assumption of liability?

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

We're going to be travelling to the UK for a couple weeks and have two phones on Verizon: Moto X and iPhone 5s. Would we be able to pick up a SIM card over there for one of these phones?

Would that be cheaper than using Verizon's global plan? (looks like they charge by the minute for voice, for each text, and 100mb of data)

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

My Moto X Pure arrived...I'm trying to use the nano SIM from my previous Verizon device, and it didn't activate. I called customer service, they were just interested in the IMEI number and told me they couldn't find the device when looking it up. Guy I was talking to put me on hold to get someone else onto the call, who told me: "We can't activate the device because it is not compatible with the Verizon network" :psyduck:

Am I going to have to go into a Verizon store to get this activated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

Yeah, I guess I'll see if it works tomorrow. Switching the sim should have worked, though, and it irks me that the customer rep tried to claim that the device wasn't supported.

• Locked thread