Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
So, I got the notification today that I only had 10% of my data left for the renaming 5 days of my billing cycle. I think to myself, "that's plausible," but when I looked in further detail, Verizon says that I used 44% of my data via video streaming. Verizon says that I used 15+ GB of data for the billing cycle, but my phone says I only used 9 GB and change. I looked at my data usage on my phone and it tells me I used 8 GB and change on Google Play Music, with the next highest usage being from Google Maps, at 200 MB. I can count on both hands how many times I have viewed video content in this past video cycle off of WiFi. Is this a buttfuck moved to get me on the unlimited plan? I called in and my new Verizon princess told me about how little it would cost me more to move to the 24 GB or unlimited plan. Does anything about this situation seem on the up-and-up? I would love to give my new Verizon princess any commission that could be used towards new and fresh sexy panties, but I would rather figure out what the issue is first. I need some assistance fellow goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
Pan is the 16 GB plan, with 3 lines, 2 extra GB per line, two Pixel XL's on device payment plans, and a government employee discount. I pay about $211 per month. Princess said I could go up to 24 GB per month and keep my extra 2 GB per line for only $16 more per month. She said I could go unlimited for ~$27 more per month. Princess hooked me up with extra data for the rest of the month, but I'll be watching my data next month to see if I have the same problem with misreported data usage.

Uncle Lizard fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 30, 2017

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

AdmiralViscen posted:

What is this princess poo poo?

Would you prefer vixen?

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Well you're no fun, or maybe it's an inside joke that only I know about. Either way, not funny to you.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've been noticing this sporadically as well in the Northern VA/DC area, but it seems to have markedly improved over the past few days. For a while, though - I could strangely get *Pandora* to stream fine, but asking my phone to visit a website over LTE? Nope.

I was on a trip to DC and Virginia in August and my Verizon service was trash in DC and Alexandria. Southern Virginia was fine though.

• Locked thread