Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

Well, it's up. But it seems like you're forced into getting certain plans. I tried to pick a plan without unlimited texting, but the phone price jacks up. I'll mess around with this a bit more (website is being slammed, and takes a long time on my lovely connection), but it looks like I'll be keeping my amazon order.

What's so strange about that is if you're upgrading and choose a plan without unlimited texting, it doesn't get jacked up as high as if you're getting a new line without unlimited texting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

king of the bongo posted:

MOTO made one good dumbphone. The Motorola e815 was an amazing phone other than the drat charging connector. It kept a lot of my customers who had spotty coverage inside their homes from porting out.

That phone really was the poo poo. Till I upgraded to a martphone I never had another phone I liked as much.

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

Auron posted:

Just a heads up, Verizon does infact charge you for outgoing texts from Google Voice. They are considered out of network texts. So...yeah..you're not getting free texting with google voice as I've found out.

You're entirely incorrect. As long as you're using the app and have it configured not to forward texts to your phone(because you get them in the app) it's free.

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

Auron posted:

At first I was replying using the stock SMS which obviously racked messages up, then switched to GV app and made sure that "received texts on this phone" was disabled on the GV settings and I"m still watching texts rack up on my verizon account.

People are probably texting your phone number rather than your google voice number.

edit: Just to be absolutely clear, I use google voice and do not pay for texts so you are definitely doing something wrong.

• Locked thread