Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I've got unlimited data on Verizon right now with a Blackberry. I asked a Verizon rep online and they said that if I got an iPhone 4S that I would continue to have unlimited data.

Is this correct?

If so, what's the best way to make sure that at some point during the ordering and activation proces someone doesn't muck with my plan and switch me off of that unlimited data? I want to cancel my TEC and get Applecare+, so ordering at Apple would be a plus as it seems to be difficult to get Applecare+ when ordering from Verizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Thanks, for the record I did look through the OP and the last 2 or 3 pages of the thread from when the iPhone 4S was announced and didn't see it.

Would be great to see it added to the OP.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I apologize if this was mentioned more than a handful of pages back. The OP says that the rate plan will be updated later so I'm hoping someone can help with this situation

Right now we have 4 phones on a family plan grandfathered with unlimited data. Someone wants to add a smartphone, which apparently will cause the plan to go to a shared data plan.

1) Could the rest of the family start a new account with the new line and transfer the other phones over to it, leaving my phone as the only phone on the previous grandfathered plan?

2) Would it be possible to transfer a Verizon phone currently on another unlimited data plan to my unlimited data account or would that cause us to change data plans?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

kitten smoothie posted:

It won't. You can add a line to an existing family plan and get a data bucket specific to that line, like the $30/2GB plan. It will not mess with your unlimited on the other lines.

Got it, but if they upgrade a current line it'll change the family plan to shared data?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Man. $200 credit for the iPhone 4S that has been sitting in my closet is pretty great.

Is there any way to give them the 4S or start this process before getting the ESN for the new phone? The people at the store said I had to come back once we got the iPhone 6 on 10/7 to credit the promotion to that ESN. Kind of a pain.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

PREYING MANTITS posted:

I don't know about the other things, but as far as the insurance question I believe the insurance Verizon offers is coverage against things like theft/loss of phone which is something AppleCare doesn't cover. AppleCare is primarily for accidental damage/hardware failures.

This is true but you will spend over double for the life of the phone, the deductible is still I think $150 and you can't waltz into an apple store and out with a new phone. Just a few things to consider.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I bought a phone out of contract.

I would like to sell my current phone on Craigslist.

If we go to Verizon store can we activate my new phone on my line and activate my current phone on the buyers line without any hassle?

Anything I need to know or do before hand?

Edit: this was easy as can be. Showed phone to buyer, activated my new phone, erases settings on old phone, he activates on his account and all is well.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 30, 2014

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Is there any confirmation online of Verizon receiving your device trade in?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

How will this iPhone X work? Can I just buy it without attaching it to a number for full price?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Not from any carrier. Carriers will always require it be to a customer (I know carriers do a lot of bad poo poo, but seriously, why would they sell a phone to a non customer?)

I wasn’t assuming this or asking it, but thanks.

I thought iPhones were unified to all US carriers now.

With how much these will flip for I think it’ll be worth the hassle of buying it attached to my line at full price and then detaching it and selling it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Gotcha, thanks.

I’m on Verizon anyways so all good.

• Locked thread