Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
So I have been with Verizon for about ten years. My plan is up for renewal and I am thinking it'll be more cost effective to go to Project Fi. I currently have an iPhone 6S 16gb that I want to upgrade out of, but because of the cost associated with the new iteration of iPhones, I think it's worthwhile to jump back onto the Android platform.

Project Fi would net me more data with less cost overall (presently on unlimited talk/text + 2GB for $68 a month) and it looks like I'm buying a new phone outright to upgrade either way.

Am I missing any Verizon benefits or is my line of thinking correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Thanks for the quick and informative response!

I'm in Boulder, CO so coverage isn't an issue for me on a day-to-day basis. It'd be nice to stick with Verizon, but I just don't see the benefits in terms of buying a phone through them or in terms of raw service pricing.

Data isn't huge for me, but some weeks when I'm on the road a lot, I get stung by the overage which pushes me into an extra GB and I end up paying ~$80 for a 3GB plan on any given month.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Duckman2008 posted:

Well, if you're on a single Verizon plan, at the least move to the 5GB single plan while you are debating if you want to switch.

2GB plan: $55 a month

5GB: $60 a month, or $55 with autopay. Only disclaimer is you can only have one smartphone.

Those sons a' bitches were letting me rot in a lesser (more expensive) tier!

Time to switch things up - thanks!!

• Locked thread