Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance.

Canned Ferret

Asperger's-based fiat currency sounds like a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance.

Canned Ferret

So basically you're doing this for company scrip, except there's no company store.

Good to know!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

Seriously, what the gently caress is this supposed to do? It's even more useless than other dumbass private currencies because it doesn't even exist in the real world.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

ReverendFaux posted:

The fact that something like this is still around after 2 years means there is an audience for them.

Yeah, and Timecube has been around for more than a decade. Invest in CubeCoins now!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

zeroprime posted:

So is there a big overlap between people who use bitcoins and people who mine WoW gold/space spreadsheets/whatever the latest sperg game is?

Probably not. The WoW/EVE/whatever miners have a non-zero potential return on their investment because MMO players.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

ReverendFaux posted:

1. Buy BitCoins with REALMONEY®
2. Transfer BitCoins to Someone Else
3. Someone Else sells out the BitCoins for REALMONEY®

Of course, time is of the essence, because the value of those bitcoins may drop overnight. Then again, they could grow as well. It's like trading stocks, I guess. I dunno, I got a C in Economics.

I got a C in Economics and I still know enough that this poo poo is bullshit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

Drone_Fragger posted:

again I'm gonna point to flooz, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flooz.com, which the russian mafia did legitimately use to launder money and did it in exactly the same way.

And since I am not the Russian mafia, there's no loving way I could make bank off this bullshit.

ReverendFaux posted:

What are you expecting to happen with this? I really don't know what to make out of it, but I think it could be similar to the WoW Gold market (Paying cash for in-game gold to be goofy virtual poo poo). I think it's just a goofy virtual-poo poo market with goofy virtual-cash.

Except it won't, because WoW Gold has actual value attached to it (not having to grind in an MMORPG). This doesn't even stagger that low.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

Drone_Fragger posted:

Well yeah since I kinda assumed you weren't money laundering?

Ah see I thought you were saying that because of Russian money laundering someone made money off of this poo poo so it wasn't 100.00% bullshit. My apologies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

ReverendFaux posted:

Only 21 Million coins are to be released through 2040.

So loving what?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

Are people seriously debating anything with Martin Random? He's like the most famous fakeposter on the forums.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

I miss the days when fishmech was Gas Chamber Only.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

fishmech v. Martin Random might be the best thing ever.

It's extreme cruelty to imbeciles is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Canned Ferret

FCKGW posted:

New buttcoin production method found.

(my hosting)

I'll pay you two hundred BitCoins for the original.