Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Furious Mittens posted:

I was too busy laughing hysterically at the chat to pay much attention to her, but I did catch the whole spiritual part of it. That's a hallmark of these scams.

I would say Saturday they will trot her out as a SPECIAL INVESTOR and she'll talk about how much Bitcoins changed her life and how she's going all in so she can live the good life.

This really doesn't surprise me that there are scams on top of scams showing up here, and that a bunch of selfish objectivists are willing to scam their own parents for a buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

ManlyWeevil posted:

They're in way over their heads. Also, what happened to all those drug dealers on the SilkRoad that now had their profits wiped out? Aren't they going to be a little annoyed at this?

I'd bet the people at the Silk Road were the smartest of the whole bunch

The site's administrator's took their cut of each transaction and cashed out immediately.

The "dealers" on the site, from what I had seen charged prices that were, regardless of Bitcoin price, pretty exorbitant, and the whole site always calculated the price in BTC from mtgox's index directly before the purchase.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

rcman50166 posted:

Jesus Christ, is that guy driving on the tv?!?!?

What the hell is wrong with these people?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I really have no goddamn clue what this jackass is talking about, but I wanna see him hit someone's bumper and get ticketed for this poo poo live

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

3 Tablets Daily posted:

Between the one-sided phone call show and the empty corridor show, this channel is going nowhere but up up up!

BUY BUY BUY

CRASH CRASH CRASH (your car)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Ivor Biggun posted:

This is the Internet in 2011. Goons posting on a message board about a chat about an Internet broadcast of a Skype feed of a cellphone recording of someone driving and talking about watching a video of a birth on Youtube. This is it, we're so far beyond the event horizon I can't even remember what this is even supposed to be about.

If somebody told me I'd be doing this on the first page I would have called them nuts. Yet here we are.

also "You're looking pretty cut, Bruce"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I don't know what you're doing Bruce, but your face looks a lot less fat.

Raw milk, 10 minutes of pushups, and purging after every meal by watching water birth videos.

The best routine

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
hahaha those loving graphics.

"BETTER THAN WINDOWS" *flashes Ubuntu logo*

This is so bizarre

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Bizob posted:

Not only is that loving idiot skyping on his iPhone, that he is holding in front of him while loving driving, but he took off his GLASSES so he would look better for the loving webcast.

While, apparently, "driving with his knees"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Devian666 posted:

One of the concerns listed on the official forum is that the next hashing difficultly level combined with a fall in value would make transactions take forever. This could happen and bitcoins would be left unable to be traded. Onlyonetv are pumping the bitcoin hard and yet it's possible that the bitcoin could end up frozen. I give it a couple of months before this happens.

So if the difficulty increases, transactions take longer too?

Add that in with the high likelyhood of miners leaving the network when mining becomes even LESS likely to give them the returns they want, and it could take days for a single transaction to go through.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Manny can't watch the chat while he talks because he keeps reading and smirking

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Hahahahaa

"Blink twice if you need help, Manny"

*Blinks twice*

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

RedTeam posted:

Please say this is one of the real guys, I'm dropping in and out and got no sound, but this is great.

That's the chat account that whoever is on the laptop uses

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

What am I looking at here? Did they hijack magic the gathering online exchange's official IRC?

They've got SQL dumps of (one of?) mtgox's databases, apparently

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

t3ch3 posted:

Has anything big happened during the last 600 posts in this thread, or is it mostly just making fun of the video conference and chat?

Lulzsec claims to be releasing SQL dumps from mtgox shortly

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Murderion posted:

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to computers, will this do more than show that MtG:OX has lovely coding and security?

Yeah, but it seems these days that everyone fucks up when it comes to SQL security, even though it is pretty trivial to secure

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

ManlyWeevil posted:

Bruce is on, at home. We're trying to get him to put Atlas on the show

He would insist on having his face blurred and voice modulated so the CIA can't find him

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Reddit never disappoints

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Wojtek posted:

Are there any goons in this thread that are actually invested in bitcoins and want to see it succeed?

Don't be afraid to out yourself!

v2.spengler has been a pretty unrelenting defender of buttcoins and mentioned having 1 tied up in mtgox right now.

Good luck v2.spengler, I hope you can make a little fiat off of your coin before mtgox bites the dust!

edit:

Rudager posted:

Kane over in BFC seems to either be invested or really really really likes Bitcoins.

Kane really needs to have some Bitcoin-related toxx clause assigned to him at this point

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Devian666 posted:

Some semi-news. Mtgox has not sent out any account recovery emails that have been submitted through the claims page. Of course they are failing their own deadline of 48 hours for a reply, but the fact that the exchange is supposed to open and no one has an active account is going to poo poo up the entire market.
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21676.0

poo poo could turn nasty.

Especially compounded by recent evidence that mtgox is likely to still have access to the funds

Pop some popcorn everyone, there's gonna be some fireworks on those forums tonight.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Also it looks like Gavin's pet project Clearcoin (Bitcoin marketplace) is shutting down, can't wait to see which scammer fills this void - http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21659.0

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
If there's anything we should be doing, it's going into the chat and casually mentioning Atlas's new show, hoping that it eventually leads to Bruce, Manny, and Atlas on the show at once, likely mulling over the death of the Bitcoin community.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Chuck Boone posted:

I went from hating Bruce with a burning passion to liking him quite a bit in the span of a day. He just seemed like such a dick this morning, but now that he's sitting in the office by himself, talking to us, I almost feel sorry for the guy. He's just trying to get his dream to have a 24/7 television studio to take flight :smith:

You know, I was kinda feeling the same way about most of these people. Sure, they are latching onto a lovely fake internet currency with a community full of sociopaths, but their show seems to be less about the economics side and more of just advocacy towards something they are interested in.
If it wasn't Bitcoins, these guys would be making a show about something else - they just saw their opportunity for an audience and ran with it.

That said, they are likely scamming their mothers out of investment money for this.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bruce says he has plans for 29 independent shows for his network.

Let's try to name them.

PS: From the way Bruce is getting so happily involved in the chat makes me think he didn't have many friends as a child. :smith:

Yeah, this kinda went to :smith: for me when I found out how much he actually liked talking to the chatters - does he realize everyone is from SA yet?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bruce says he has plans for 29 independent shows for his network
Let's try to name them.

http://onlyonetv.com/?category_name=spirit

Don't get this show, but the hosts are named Wild Eagle and Rainbow Hawk

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Frugal Shopping could be a good show, immigration issues is a good topic to tackle.

Every Ubuntu/Android/etc show flops hard though

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
He's so happy to get all this attention :unsmith:

I can't watch this chat anymore, it's kinda sad

He's just a lonely nerd who wants to be the Oprah of tech

edit: If every Libertarian was just hugged a little bit more, there would be no Libertarians <- my theory

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

TC_ posted:

:siren:Bruce just got Atlas' email:siren:

This will be the best interview ever if/when this happens

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

I'm not sure if it's goons or serious bitcoin nerds, but they just convinced Bruce to give Atlas an interview

edit; beaten.

it's not the bitcoin nerds

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I kinda wish I had an account now, because I wanna be on the Bitcoin show.

Thinking of creating an account and splice together a bunch of pictures of my computer in my apartment so it looks like a server farm, since Bruce wanted to interview a miner.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Oh my God they took our suggestions, these graphics are awesome

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Ulf posted:

images

You missed Dr. Ed's frugality show

(He has a degree in Savings!)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I told him to do Jim Cramer today, he seems to be going for 'nervous highschooler giving speech'.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

He's going to pass out.

This is so pitiful.

He is actually forgetting to breath

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Got a link to this thing? I know it's been posted some pages back but I'm an rear end and don't save links.

Yeah we really should be reposting on every page

http://onlyonetv.com/?page_id=178

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Patter Song posted:

Will this be available to rewatch later? I'm missing Bruce v. AJE!

It should be, but AJE isn't on just yet

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
He's breaking down and this is turning into fits of nerd rage - this is loving awesome.

Also "The USD is a virtual currency"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Boner Slam posted:

Can someone tape this or put it up later so that we or I can debunk all the poo poo he is spouting? Because the majority of it is just bullshit.

99.99999999999% of crimes involve US Federal Reserve Cash/Notes

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Boner Slam posted:

ahaha he is one of those money-debt-slavery nuts who don't understand economy. Shiiiiiiit

Of all the days to start breaking out all the crazy at once, why NOT the day Al-Jazeera is filming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Danzou posted:

The Middle East is just gonna hate us even more after all this : (

Al-Jazeera isn't gonna going to air a minute of "Bruce Wagner calls out the press with anecdotal evidence hour"