Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I think the most important bit of knowledge this thread has given me is that there's a SA forums app for Android (and it costs 0 BTC). I love the future!
Me too. This app is great. Now I can post from the toilet more efficiently and without fighting with text fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I wish I had money to burn just so I could crumble the market.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Forgive my ignorance, but what would be wrong with buying a ton of these buttcoins at $12 on the usual weekend slump and then unloading them next week when it eventually climbs back up over $15?

* assuming the slump and the climb are constant

v - ah so the gambling aspect is "will they go back up"

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
:psyduck: why would anyone want to use this as real money?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Hate to double quote this post but if you would have bought when you made this post you would be out 15% already. :laugh:
So that guy who bought 7000 bitcoins is already hosed?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Can you steal somebodies gold in an MMO and be held accountable for something?
Not outside of the game.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Orange Sunshine posted:

If Kevin is not the hacker, then why did the hacker sell all those coins for 1 cent each?
To crash the hell out of the market in a hilarious manner AND place blame on some idiot who would inevitably buy those coins.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

shotgunbadger posted:

This should be fun tonight, then, any idea what's going to happen when everyone rushes?
Servers gonna crash.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Are there any goons in this thread that are actually invested in bitcoins and want to see it succeed?

Don't be afraid to out yourself!

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
300 posts in the last 2 hours? What happened?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
1000 new posts over the weekend...can someone just offer up a summation of what's happened since Friday?

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
If that copter does not just loving crash into the wall I will be amazed.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
This seems like the perfect time to ask...

So what am I?

1) I want smaller federal government and larger state governments
2) Gays can get married all they want
3) Pot should be legalized (I don't smoke but who cares)
4) Should be easier to legally immigrate
5) Anti-abortion :ohdear:
6) Welfare recipients should be drug tested, not for pot obviously (I am a monster)

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Tasty and Delicious posted:

Dumb, sorry for the bad news.

Alternatively: a white middle class male who probably interacts with nobody who isn't white.
I'd like to know why I'm so dumb, honestly. It wouldn't be the first time I've been convinced that I'm incredibly wrong on things.

I am a white middle class dude but I interact with plenty of people who aren't white, but they are all middle class as well.

PM me if you don't want to cointinue the derail.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

sanchez posted:

This can mean, you think it's wrong and wouldn't support it in your own life, or you think it should be illegal. You might want to define which :)
I think the decision took place when you decided to have sex :colbert:

I also think that rape, or a genetically defective (oh no, discretion!), incest, harm to mother, etc abortions are fine.

Anyway, if they are really looking for question moderators or whatever, some goon needs to infiltrate until a confidence has built up enough to give him tons of bullshit. Unfortunately bitcoins will probably collapse before this happens.

e: vvv - you see, this is the kind of thing I need to hear so I can change my stance on things. Unfortunately in this country people are more concerned with circle jerking ideals and digging up dirt on the opposition rather than laying out true arguments as to why people are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

ChipNDip posted:

So you just want to punish women for having sex?
No. I just think that if you're going to do it then you should accept the risk of consequences. Men too, but that won't ever happen.

quote:

Making statements about abortion is one of those wishy washy white guy things to do because they're never going to have to deal with it anyway so they can say whatever the hell they want and sleep fine at night. If your girlfriend accidently gets pregnant you're going to find a million excuses why her abortion is different anyway.
I've had 2 pregnancy "scares," one with my wife recently (miscarried). The other was with an ex who ended up not being pregnant. Both times I said we'll figure it out.

But yes I am white middle class garbage so I have means & support to do so.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, buttcoins. PM me for more telling me about how dumb I am. Make me a better person.