Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

SoroScrew

This is sadly hilarious.
"You can even purchase or rent pre-made systems specially designed for mining: Bitcoin Rigs", and that links to this: http://www.bitcoinrigs.com/

It's the new Alienware!

Edit:

quote:

The best place to find products and services available for Bitcoins is the Trade page on the Bitcoin Wiki.

You might also want to check the Bitcoin Marketplace forum on Bitcoin.org.

Over-the-counter trading is being done via IRC chat in Bitcoin OTC (#bitcoin-otc on Freenode).
Some crazy ads on those sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

SoroScrew

Bieeardo posted:

Someone on Slashdot did some math when the astroturf rolled out there, and apparently figured out that the amount of money spent on electricity for those machines handily outstrips the value of any coinage they 'mine'.
I thought about that on the page that they preach using your GPU instead of CPU do do all of this.
I'd kill for someone to do the math and smack them all upside the head with it.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

SoroScrew

Videodrome posted:

The Russian mafia seems like it would benefit from operating on a barter system.

1 8-year-old Romanian girl = 1 miniature giraffe

I'd rather 25 ScrotumPennies, please. No DickNickels, and none of that VasDeferensElectrum. Leave that poo poo at home.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

SoroScrew

Drone_Fragger posted:

This is pretty much what the original creator of bitcoins is doing. He kept bitcoins quiet for ages so that he could mine a gently caress ton of bitcoins with very little effort or time. By the time it was pounced upon by the media as being the "next big thing" followed by that hilarious 1000% hyperdeflation he owned something like 7 million dollars worth of bitcoins.

Can we make an promise to each other to try this in five or ten years and split the profits equally as decided by a legal contract so you don't kill me for my share?

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

SoroScrew

Thank Nergal, I was hoping we'd see more of PinkiePie.