Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

trucutru posted:

At current prices livers without cirrhosis go for 9,200 bitcoins. No wait, that's 16300 now.

18900!
Oh god, this joke will never stop being funny. Ever. Somebody remember to pull it out a couple pages from now. it'll be a riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

brizna posted:

Source?
Shhhhh...

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Tradehill (The largest exchange with MtG: OX closed) posted ~120 BTC traded in the past 24 hours. There's no real volume to speak of.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
So has the Bitcoin show started yet? Want to see them interview their mom.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Everyday Potato posted:

So it looks like someone brought like a full terahash online or something equally absurd. The network is generating about 9-12 blocks per hour, instead of the 6 per hour it should be. For most 10 minute windows we're seeing 1 block every 5 minutes.

Should be fascinating to see how much that fucks up the economy on top of the fuckery of the last few days.
Jesus, the computing power being thrown at this has doubled? Over what sort of time frame? Immediately when this terahash behemoth came online?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
I hope they're first marched in front of a pile of burnt out ATI 6990's, to force them to come to grips with the enormity of their crimes.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Darth123123 posted:

I can't believe that the IRS or FBI isn't following this. They are operating out of New York right? Not their physical servers, but their operations/daily propaganda shows. Isn't that relevant?
The Bitcoin Show isn't ran by the MtG: OX operators. They seem to be funded by Tradehill, at least partially, but it's mostly a bunch of friendless spergs who think they've finally found an audience for their dream of running a 24 hour news network.

Speaking of which, they should be on in about an hour, right? Supposedly with Al Jazeera?

Somebody post the link again, I'm excited!

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

duck monster posted:

Something awful and Maoism Third-Worldism (lf).

We've had a few dumb as poo poo fads pass our halls too, in fairness.
"Yeahhh, this bitcoin thread is the perfect place to lambast those loony lefties out of loving nowhere"

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
The Middle East is just gonna hate us even more after all this : (

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Oh my god yesssssssss are you loving serious about the burritos.

I'm hoping AJE does some sort of piece without airing any of Bruce's ranting, but I'm guessing it does get chucked.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
I wish he could read in a more aesthetically pleasing voice.

Again with the Amazon.com poo poo. How is that buying things with Bitcoins?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
History of the FED coming up right now. This is amazing.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
"And then they mention Burritos at Meze Grill again, which they don't sell"

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
"I think from now on I'll need a contract for all interviews, giving me final cut"

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
"The world 'misleading' seems to be a key concept with this article"

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Journalists: USE GOOGLE, TALK TO EXPERTS!

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Is El Show de Bitcoins coming on later?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Good Citizen posted:

^^no, only on wednesdays
Nooo Bitcoins might not last that long

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
"Why do they have to throw mud on something so wonderful? Bitcoin is the PEOPLE's money"

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
This is the best thing ever. We almost need to spin off Bruce's insanity into its own thread, once the full lineup launches.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Good Citizen posted:

Don't forget, we still have Atlas' podcast to look forward to, supposedly airing at an undetermined time this afternoon
We need to stay on top of this. This could turn out greater than anything else so far.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Furious Mittens posted:

Not there's anything wrong with it™, but is everyone associated with OnlyOneTV gay? Levi, Josh, Ed, Bruce?

It would explain the playfulness amongst the staff.
It's kind of interesting, in that regard.

Manny might be the only straight guy. Plus DR. FRUGAL, obviously.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

theflyingorc posted:

You dummies don't post things related to SA we're going to get caught and it won't be anywhere near as fun.
People actively referencing "the thread" is probably the most egregious example of this.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I am so mad I had to be at work and missed this. Did anyone record the chat logs? I hope you guys continued to give Bruce your complete support like always.
The show literally ended with him responding to our individual "I LOVE YOU BRUCE <3 <3 <3"'s.

It was magical, definitely the feelgood chat of the year.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Somebody needs to start a Bruce wiki. I feel like the humour here lies more in archiving (and stimulation, <3 <3 <3 Bruce!) than in trolling.

Plus, I kinda like these goofballs, in their own sad way. I don't know how I'll feel after the mom interview, though.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Rockybar posted:

I knew it, :ughh:
Actually, from a libertarian standpoint, this is genius. We goons have an incentive to moderate the chat effectively (to prevent this whole thing from collapsing). Of course Bruce is aware of this thread, after all, he USES GOOGLE and ASKS EXPERTS (not too nerdy experts).

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
He called "Very misleading" his famous catchphrase. Bruce is aware of his stardom, and I think he's aware of the goon audience. We should keep it on the DL, of course, but there's 0 chance none of these guys know.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Third World Reggin posted:

I don't know why they have listened to my suggestions so much. I really don't know.
Your chat persona is pretty personable, actually. Make sure to use your charismatic powers for good.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
Need the OneTV link, need to see Bruce's reaction today.

Bruce, Levi, Josh, guys, if you're reading this, you're probably gonna have a ton of viewers today so do your best guys!

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

blunt posted:

Well, that lasted long.
That cocktease.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Quantify! posted:

to the tune of "you're a grand old flag"

You're a grand old currency
You're the currency of the future
And forever in value may you rise
You're the emblem of
Libertarianism
The currency of the free and the brave

Every GPU processing
Every miner professing
his dreams of private armies and burritos
But should the USD lose all its value
keep your eye on the grand old bitcoin

:toot:
Looks like somebody has a future career writing for [unnamed comedy show].

Hate to be that guy, but link to the feed?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Orange Sunshine posted:

The difficulty changes every 2016 blocks, and the bitcoin software tries to adjust the difficulty so that each block takes 10 minutes to solve, which means the difficulty should adjust every 2 weeks or so.

If people add large amounts of extra processing power to the network all at once, then the blocks can begin being solved every 5 minutes, say, and the next difficulty change can happen in only 1 week instead of 2. And then the difficulty will automatically double to try to get blocks to happen every 10 minutes again.

If the amount of processing power on the network goes down, and the blocks start taking 15 minutes, say, then at the next difficulty change, it will be lowered, to try to get it back to 10 minutes per block again.
I think this was brought up earlier in the thread, but since BTC transactions require inclusion in a block to clear, doesn't this mean that a huge dropoff in computing power on the system would make transactions exorbitantly long to process? What then?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Devian666 posted:

This is something I raised a few times previously. If there's a sudden drop off in mining say because it cost more power than the money you could make then it will take a very long time for a transaction to go through. It could take 2016 very slow blocks before the problem goes away.

There are still idiots that will mine even when it's uneconomic, because they believe!
Can a majority of users rally around a new client or whatever that immediately fixes the problem? I have no idea how such a thing would come to be adopted, especially in a decentralized system like this, but it seems like that's the only real fix for this flaw.

Very ridiculous that a rise in difficulty could gently caress the system like that.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Vegetta posted:

I realize that I have to explain my ideas better so that some people begin to give me the respect I feel I deserve. Lies can be dispelled with truths. Sometimes the truth hurts especially when it's against your own-self. However, the ability to grow during these bad times is crucial for the progression of our race; man-kind. We must dispel the lies within our government, within our businesses, within our communities, and within ourselves... So that we can ultimately find the peace and prosperity we all so eagerly desire. Happiness is the key to the land of divinity my friends…
I like Vegetta a lot more than Atlas. They're both bombastic kids grappling with adult issues for the first time, but it seems like he has some humility, so maybe there's hope for him yet.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
So what's up with Bruce and OnlyOneTv? Has Ed pulled the plug yet?

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

quote:

Okay, what the hell is wrong with any of the things you listed there? I'm not an SomethingAwful supporter, but I see no issue with anything you've listed.

P.S. MLP is an awesome cartoon. Seriously.
'bout to be a civil war on the Bitcoin forums.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Cardiovorax posted:

Furries versus Libertarians? That's gonna be a close one.
No, Bronies versus Libertarians. Should be an interesting matchup. One side is enamored with a facile universe that teaches moral lessons most of us moved beyond when we were children. The other side, of course, enjoys ponies.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

illiniguy01 posted:

goons: bitcoins are stupid and going to collapse.
*bitcoins don't collapse
goons: bitcoins didn't collapse before, but now they will totally collapse.
*bitcoins don't collapse

goons: we've predicted that bitcoins will collapse about 30 times now and they never have, but this time bitcoins is totally coming to an end!
*bitcoins don't collapse
Bitcoins have been collapsing ever since the Pokemon site reopened. We just didn't get the sudden drop we were hoping for.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

NihilCredo posted:

The masterminds behind Mount Goxxxxx are working on a meatspace Bitcoin.
Considering Meze Grill is willing to accept Bitcoins for advertising purposes despite the insane rigamarole of spending one off the internet, might there be a market for this? Seems like a good investment on MtG: OX's part.

Of course, if it requires you to price things in bitcoins, then welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think the bitcoin supporters hoped you could do it on your cell phone with an app, sort of like how "credits" work in generic science fiction.
I thought that's what he was doing in the second picture. Does this really only work with those Yubikeys featured down at the bottom? Because that's retarded, even for MtG: OX