Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Seeing goons predict something (regardless of how obvious it is) and then watching as the prediction happened exactly to the surprise of no-one is amazing.

Congrats to any goons who got in and out with any actual profit though, and I don't care about obvious bubbles in the context of Bitcoins, I want to believe that the market was so unstable that a single speculator going SELL SELL SELL caused the panic crash, rather than logical reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Is it bad that when the value didn't change for a minutes I briefly hoped/assumed that MtGox froze the market?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What the gently caress does all of that even mean? Someone cashed a shitton of bitcoins?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Barudak posted:

Sorry, I meant why would you buy at 20, not why would you sell at 20.

Because if it's $30 now, and it's growing exponentially, why WOULDN'T you buy at $20? Feh, idiots who don't know economics. :smug:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

Your hitman might get cranky if his fee dropped 30% value in one afternoon. You don't want a cranky hitman.

Maybe I'm tired, but for some reason I can't stop giggling imagining a headline "MAN HIRES OTHER TO KILL WIFE, KILLED WHEN BITCOIN CRASHES"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Unguided posted:

I'm not sure if I should be annoyed at this guy for buying into bitcoins, feeling sorry for him for buying into bitcoins, or glad that at the very least he realizes that his e-currency is dying.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Brick Moses posted:

Something's come to fascinate me about bitcoins in the wake of this newest little disaster. They're a wonderful philosophical experiment.

"If you can make an unlimited amount of money and all you have to do is lie as much as you can, to as many people as you can, and on as grand a magnitude as you can, how far will you go?"

At this point, I am inclined to believe that the continued cheerleading by bitcoin owners isn't because they actually believe one loving word that comes out of their mouths, but because they merely want to protect their investment by whatever means is necessary. They believe that if they continue to shout away doubt, pessimism, and dissidence their bitcoins will continue to have value.

This makes a lot of sense, because if the heavy investors don't believe in bitcoins, why will anyone else enter the market?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sorry about this, I've lost track of the stream, where is it again?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The best (i.e. funniest) case scenario is that bitcoin value spikes for a couple minutes before the crash.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What site will we be able to track bitcoin value once mtgox comes back up?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You guys are awesome. Thanks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Complex Code...Visual Basic

:psyduck:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I refuse to believe I'm seeing this.

Edit: Apparently my brain is refusing to believe they're still up.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ok, I must have missed it somehow. What's the story about the camera robot?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So wait, when the hell is mtgox going to open for transactions and stuff?

Edit: I come for the bitcoins, and stay for the...whatever Only1TV counts as.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

waffle posted:

Who keeps ordering food? It is honestly pretty lame. Maybe it isn't one of us

It probably is. All it takes is one rear end to ruin the fun. :smith:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ted_himself posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you, it's hilarious. Whoever is doing it keep it up.

I just have a bad feeling that if people order them food non-stop they'll get annoyed and stop the show.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ted_himself posted:

Yeah don't listen to the sane person, keep falling in love with Bruce loving Wagner. What happened to SA that people are now opting OUT of pranking someone like this?

Because we want our goddamn robot more than we want a shitton of pizza deliveries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Yeah, I always imagined the 'robot' would, at the very most, be some altered remote control car. A helicopter would/will be uh...interesting.