Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Here's my plan.

Bitcoins -> Eve Isk -> Linden Dollars -> WOW gold -> Western Union Nigeriabux -> Paypal -> $COLD $HARD $CASH

The science seems pretty solid. Anyone want to invest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Ok, I'll play: What if fairies poo poo gold dust?

As it stands no legitimate business would want to deal with these because they are completely unregulated and there is no banking infrastructure around it.

And as much as the value is fluctuating, you'd be insane to tie it to the purchase of real-world goods. It's bubbling off a lot of press right now, and will likely pop.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

THE LUMMOX posted:

I dont understand the drug trading thing. People sell drugs and are left holding bitcoins. How do they convert this to the cash they need to buy more drugs? Do they just immediately sell off their bitcoins?

Bitcoins are the official currency of Colombia. Bitcoins are aka "The Colombian Peso".

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

At least you can stuff a mattress full of feathers. BTC's are purely imaginary.

Also, it's hilarious that their main exchange service is based off a card game URL.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

Ahhahahahahah http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21325.0;all

And you're responsible for that. Unfortunate, but that's the way it goes.

400 BTC gone, now later it does seem to be a scam :monocle: but the initial libertarian position kills me there. "So someone stole ~$8,000 from you? That's life, suck it up".

Libertarians :negative:
[/quote]

Hmm. I've got 10 imaginary videocards. I didn't know that they were worth anything until now. Might as well flip them for imaginary money.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Search your local craigslist and you may find people willing to exchange various items for bitcoins. Oh, it's all going to be computer items, since any normal person wouldn't dare deal in this type of cyberbucks.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/2452918616.html

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Death Himself posted:

I get annoyed at myself for letting my room get messy but it's not that bad. Makes me feel a little better.

As soon as housecleaning services start accepting bitcoins as payment...

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Oh hey, a bitcoin vag tattoo:

Probably NSFW http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=27958.0

Edit: she was paid 200 bitcoins to do it. There is another bounty (higher I'm sure) if someone wants to get a bitcoin tattoo on their forehead. :(

I think that's a dude tucking his junk a la Buffalo Bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Computer viking posted:

The flowery tattoo in pic#2 certainly doesn't rule it out ( :gay: ), but it makes it a bit less likely.

That, and the tits ... though technically, that could be someone else.

Man boobs.