Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

So what is that actual volume in USD trading for BitCoins right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I got these tulips I just bought and they're wilting a little bit but the price is skyrocketing so I'll hold on to them for another week.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My PIN is 4826 posted:

MtGox accounts crackable in 3 minutes with a GPU, apparently

This is ok to post, right? I'm guessing all the passwords will be reset when the site comes up anyway...

EDIT: oh dear, haha. The root:admin combination just can't be real

You should probably edit them out at least because even if the MtGox passwords change the people who use the same password for their Gmail too won't change them. I mean they deserve it but we probably should help people hack e-mails.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dame Cook posted:

It looks as though they switched to a more secure salted algorithm but didn't actually bother to re-derive all the old hashes. So newer passwords were salted, old ones weren't.

Nothing keeps an organization going like a nice "gently caress you" to your early adopters and core user base.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Is the guy on skype mtgox, and the guy on the right tradehill? I know the host is on the left.

Also, are the filming this at the Best Buy demo table?

I really hope that that's not furniture that they actually own.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

Hmmm, i wonder if this 'adam barr' guy is related to 'aaron barr'

Both hated treasurers.

Edit: Who is Aaron Barr?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Xandu posted:

He'd be able to slowly sell them off and make a decent amount of money. Although since they're stuck in mtgox, it's extremely illiquid, so lol to everyone calling him a multimillionaire.

I don't know about you, but I could probably find a way to live quite nicely on a fixed income of 10,000$ a month.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rudager posted:

I love how they keep valuing everything in USD when Bitcoins are going to be the defacto currency of the future!

Shouldn't they be talking about how many Bitcoins it was and not how many USD in that case?

Yeah but they know Bitcoins are worthless and USD are backed by ZOG. They should be expressing worth in dimebags, AK47s and Slim Jims.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

staberind posted:

gently caress it, they might as well value it in hobo blowjobs.

That's great but during Libertarian RaHoWa the hobos are all going to be cooked and eaten like filthy kalua pigs.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Power Walrus posted:

What dark, sweaty, desperate stress pit are these creatures living in now?

Just tune into The Bitcoin Show and see for yourself.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Klyith posted:

It is the most pathetic, bush league pranking you can get. Seriously, are you still in Jr High?

If you're going to prank someone by having delivery come while they're doing the show, pay for the cheapest delivery flowers you can get, with a weird message. Or show up yourself. But don't do "pranks" where you're not making GBS threads all over a dozen guys not named Bruce. I guarantee the delivery guys are way more pissed off than Bruce is.

Seriously. If you guys aren't calling Con Edison to get their power shut off you aren't pranking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

max4me posted:

One thing they frame rather well is the idea of theft. Taxs are theft. What you own, including your body is yours to manage as you see fit. No one should take anything from you.

This isn't really reflected by reality.