Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Lolie posted:

Oh no. They have screencaps to prove Bitrebel's Masonic conspiracy theory.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40780.msg503101#msg503101
Why are those crap blocked out? To heighten the conspiracy theory bullshit? It's in a loving Ask/Tell section obviously.

But yes! Obviously I am a freemason through my grandfather although he was only checking it out for like a day and then didn't go anymore after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Lolie posted:

It's this thread on the front page of Ask/Tell. Given that it's still active, I don't think anyone at SA is trying to hide the identities of its participants or stifle the discussion.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2917448

I get the part about SA members not trying to hide anything. But why did those buttcoin idiots block it out? Was my point correct? To heighten their conspiracy belief theory about SA?

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40780.msg503259#msg503259

bitrebel posted:

But you forgot, because the Masons are scared shitless, they shut down that page, too. No access to outside non-members anymore. I would say they are scared shitless now. Their cover was blown wide open, and their attempts to destroy bitcoins are ruined, for now.
Game over man! Game over! They've discovered our plan to foil them and we should stop everything and go home!

I really want to have whatever he's smoking.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

That dude went through 137 pages or whatever the gently caress in the Ask/Tell thread to get a list of those goons who are probably not members of the Free Masons? LOL

Bitrebel, if you read this.. I am a freemason! Whooooooo

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Be Depressive posted:

They're ALWAYS open to unregistered users, it's just that direct links don't usually work. So if you go to the main forums page and navigate to the thread manually you can see pretty much anything, but trying to follow a hyperlink directly to the thread doesn't usually work.

Dunno why.

So basically these people are just stupid. A/T is never closed to non-members.
They invest in buttcoins. Of course they're stupid. But shhhh don't tell them that. They're like Jack in the Box. Spin the crank a couple times and they'll spew out more crap from their deformed brain.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Gr3y posted:

You know, that's something I always wondered: do those "hot penny stocks" newsletters constitute inside trading or are they just a scam?

Like, if I buy 10,000 shares of something real cheap (going for say... $0.20) and run a newsletter that says "This stock is about to blow up! Buy now, sell never, rich forever! Pattaya!" I would think that that could be enough to cause enough movement to inflate it, then I could dump my shares, make a few hundred and move to the next one.

Shouldn't that be illegal?

That only implies that BTC is under the watch of the SEC which it isn't. This is a libertarian's wet dream which is basically hurting other people for their own advantage.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

These people are internet savvy:

Huh? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuPNLQrNOEivVm6PhCFYcU7sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110906183955AAkI3BU

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Finally the Freemason 17 (or was it 13? 14? gently caress it) will finally destroy bitcoin!.

This is such a silly concept lol. I was wondering.. If all bitcoin miners were to stop today. Does that mean the money in Mt. Gox simply is frozen?

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

d3c0y2 posted:

He started buying at 19 dollars. Wow. Thinking it was ever gonna go high than the hype phase is even more mental than thinking it might eventually recover to a stabilised phase.

That guy is a loving moron,

You can't lose! I'm going to dump my life savings and BUY BUY BUY. Oh crap SELL SELL SELL :( oh I lost my money.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

ripped0ff posted:

Umm, keep in mind that MTGox has literally never once stopped accepting Dwolla and has done nothing to prevent the Dwolla chargeback fraud. They are just as vulnerable to chargeback fraud as TH was, and they haven't even tried to fix it.

What that means is that they didn't just take losses from the fraud a few months ago, they're probably continuing to take losses. Under their current operating model, they've basically set themselves up to lose as much money as the scammers care to take.

This might seem like insanity at first, but when you view this through the lens of a Ponzi scheme, it's no problem. All that MtGox cares about is how much money is put into the system. They have no intention of ever crediting all the people for the cash they currently have in the system, they just want to keep the price of BTC up so that they can encourage people to keep dumping money into MTGox under the pretense that BTC is stable. If the price ever drops too much or too sharply, just put in a humongous buy order and jack the price back up a few bucks. It's not like it matters to them; they're just playing with numbers. All that actually matters to them is how much real money comes into the system. Once it's in, they can tell people they have however many dollars and BTCs as will make them happy.
Let me get this straight.. They'll keep doing this until their bank account reaches 0 due to all the fraud siphoning money from them, will they burn in inferno? Wow, that's an awesome ponzi scheme... Sort of. I mean it's kind of a regressive ponzi scheme rather.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Pleads posted:

Is that where everyone just keeps mining the same block over and over each day?

Day 1: 1 MurrayCoin
Day 2: 1 MurrayCoin
etc

However there is two factors that does not follow the Law of Groundhog Day. Your electricity bill and wear & tear will still go up.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahahah, he's left the default messages on. http://www.thebitcardstore.com/

He's selling pokemon cards? For those prices? Holy poo poo makes my brother's stack of pokemon cards from when he was like 12 look like a loving treasure chest.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Greyhawk posted:

This guy needs serious medication stat.

Second Life - Better than Real Life and you can always log back in.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Fire_Monkey posted:

From that to secondlife sex, we have a winner!

A Second Life wife or real life wife? I can't tell which he has.

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

A second life wife. Like he met this "woman" in game, and now they are married in the game.

I know this is what must be going on because a friend of mine had a roommate who was obsessed with second life. He magically "meet a nice girl online" but of course was never seen.

Turns out he was like a closet furry playing second life dumping tons of cash for lindens to buy her in game presents and poo poo

But this dude mentioned a fiance, so I think he's married in real life too. He's like a cyber mormon or something

I'm actually engaged however I'm doing a job (internship) in a completely different state whereas my fiance is in another. So to pass time, she wanted to have some fun with me doing some poo poo like trying out simple games like checkers, chess, etc even Second Life (Goddamn awful to "play"). Nothing worked out well for us and just kept it to skype. At least I did put a loving ring on her finger unlike this virtual pseudo bullshit.

frumpsnake posted:

And here she is!

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4UBmpQ8W7GQJ:https://www.fetishfishing.com/Home/UserDetails_username-Rent_!_My_!_Pet_siteid-1.html+%22laufiair+hexicola%22&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca[/url]

:stare: She sure is quite a catch. Ugh...

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

kissekatt posted:

Food is going down down DOWN

And alot of virtual dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaitian
Jan 24, 2006

Tasty and Delicious posted:

Actually I bet his roommate is his mom.

Cool, I guess we're not in a recession either because plummeting home values are just paper losses and once they're back to what they were before it should cover the costs.

"But mom, I'm making coins!" "Can you buy food with these coin?" "No, not yet. The market needs to grow!"