Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«261 »
Zack Ater
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Jedit posted:

Remind me how they explained the Battle of Antarctica?

Probably a gas leak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Meteor Shower.

Happens to hit all the communication satellites and that one Navy Battle group.

Made bright lights appear over Antarctica too.

Senor Tron
May 25, 2006

xerxus posted:

Meteor Shower.

Happens to hit all the communication satellites and that one Navy Battle group.

Made bright lights appear over Antarctica too.

I can't remember, was that actually the explanation from the episode where that billionaire had figured everything out including having satellite photos of the battle?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Senor Tron posted:

I can't remember, was that actually the explanation from the episode where that billionaire had figured everything out including having satellite photos of the battle?

I think it was a throwaway line in the episode it happened saying it was a meteor shower.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

drat they made Ben Browder's character a straight up war criminal, that's harsh. It clearly wasn't his fault and he was given bad information but he still pulled the trigger on a bunch of refugees. I'm surprised the Air Force was on board!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

if the main Stargate timeline wasn't already propped up by plot armor and a dozen other dead end timelines/parallel universes, 2001 is honestly better than anything we could hope for in 2020

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Autism Sneaks posted:

if the main Stargate timeline wasn't already propped up by plot armor and a dozen other dead end timelines/parallel universes, 2001 is honestly better than anything we could hope for in 2020

In one of the last few episodes I watched, the President closed all state borders and shut down air travel because 3000 people had an unknown virus.

Not Evans
Aug 2, 2007
Evans, where's that package from Earth?

Senor Tron posted:

Introducing him at the offworld site to Captain Sheffield or whatever rank it was was a better moment than Carter saying she could MacGuyver up a solution to something.

Also missed opportunity after Shrek came out to incorporate the song "Chulak is a happy place"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

General Battuta posted:

In one of the last few episodes I watched, the President closed all state borders and shut down air travel because 3000 people had an unknown virus.

"the United States is officially under quarantine", retrospectively one of the most unrealistic moments in the show. I also think this was the last episode we got to see Don S. Davis

e: also impressed they got Louis Gosset Jr. and CSM err I mean William B. Davis in the Prior makeup

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 26, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ďIíll have to get you to excuse me, my friend, I ainít no hat-rack.Ē

Fun Shoe

Autism Sneaks posted:

"the United States is officially under quarantine", retrospectively one of the most unrealistic moments in the show. I also think this was the last episode we got to see Don S. Davis

e: also impressed they got Louis Gosset Jr. and CSM err I mean William B. Davis in the Prior makeup

not the most difficult makeup he had to act in

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Squizzle posted:

not the most difficult makeup he had to act in

Outer Limits? Also it's crazy that I can still tell that's him, some people just have a really unique face.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Grimey Drawer

Enemy Mine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Wow, I've never heard of that movie. Is that TNG episode where Geordi is trapped with a Romulan just a copy of that movie?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, I've never heard of that movie. Is that TNG episode where Geordi is trapped with a Romulan just a copy of that movie?

They have a similar premise but I wouldn't call the TNG episode a copy. It's more that they're both a sci-fi "enemies learn to be friends" (though the TNG staff really should have come up with a different title.)

I'd strongly recommend seeing the movie btw.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

8one6 posted:

Enemy Mine.

Cool, I'll check it out.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Save your reality from the Constructors... then save all the rest of them.

8one6 posted:

They have a similar premise but I wouldn't call the TNG episode a copy. It's more that they're both a sci-fi "enemies learn to be friends" (though the TNG staff really should have come up with a different title.)

I'd strongly recommend seeing the movie btw.

SG-1 has a season 7 episode also called Enemy Mine" and it's pretty much the same thing with a minor twist.

Edit ...just realized this is the stargate thread not star trek so y'all probably knew that

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Itís also about mining

«261 »