Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

Please tell me Richard Kind never appears again after his second appearance? Jesus, what a horrible character.

How can you say that?! Isn't Lucius just the dreamiest? :allears:

e: I don't know how many episodes he's in, but I've seen two and remember the second one(The one when he has the ancient shield device like Rodney had in that one episode) being the better of the two at least.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
48 Hours is on Syfy right now, is this the first McKay episode? His scenes with Carter are golden.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yes, and so are most of O'Neill's scenes with Maybourne. You rat bastard! I'm so gonna kick your rear end!
I didn't watch SG1 regularly so most stuff is new to me, and post-NID Maybourne is awesome.

Mu Zeta posted:

Firing this up on Netflix! I like this episode because it's basically a technobabble hour but it actually shows them trying out different things. On Star Trek Janeway would just suggest they try something and Tuvok will press a few buttons and save the day.

On another note did they acknowledge 9/11 on Stargate?
The episode basically amounted to Teal'c getting stuck in the pattern buffer. I wonder if the wormhole bounced off some anti-protons and now there's a identical Teal'c stuck back on that planet.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I love the bit in Citizen Joe when it's revealed that Jack's been seeing bits of the other guy's life too for the past seven years and never even bothered to mention it to anyone.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

richardfun posted:

What did you get spoiled on?
Michael is a Wraith! :supaburn:

e: wrong name, they all look the same anyway.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: doublepost apparently?

bango skank fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 11, 2011

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

I enjoyed the BSG boxing episode.
Both of them, even.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started watching a particularly bad episode of Star Trek Voyager(A bad series in itself,) and recognized the voice on a certain character:

Can you guess which Stargate Universe actor this is? :v:

It's Louis Ferreira, who played Everett Young, everyone's favorite subordinate smothering colonel!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Vittles posted:

If I had any artistic talent, I would draw a picture of Greer on a kick-rear end motorcycle towing Destiny through a star while Eli and Chloe fly around shooting magic sparkles at attacking drone ships. Young would be standing on the bow, arms crossed, chomping on a big ol' cigar and nodding his approval. :clint:

While Rush makes love to the aft end.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhyno posted:

Last year pretty much every cast member said they'd be down for doing voice work on an animated series. I'd be okay with that.
That way madness lies.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One thing that bothered me about the iris on the stargate at SGC was why wasn't it destroyed whenever the gate did it's "flushing" thing while the iris was closed? There was a few times in the series when things were obliterated by the flushing, but there were also a few times when the gate activated with the iris closed, was it ever explained?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drizzt01 posted:

Cover stones and irises serve two different purposes. Irises let a wormhole connect but stop anything from getting through. Cover stones sit in the event horizon formation place and stop the worm hole from ever being established in the first place.

Which is kind of weird considering the episode where I seem to remember the gate on some planet being covered by lava, but later dialing the gate just clears out a hollow space in the freshly cooled stone instead of not connecting at all.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JetsGuy posted:

Look, if you want to say that you feel people who didn't like SGU just didn't give it a chance, just say so. Don't play this game of "everyone I know" didn't like it because "they have the attention span of a child".

I didn't like the show because I found none of the characters likable. Well, aside from Greer, and it was fairly clear to me (at least as far as I watched), that the writers intended him to be a character we didn't like. I understand if you find a show where everyone is reprehensible to be interesting. Really, I do. I, however, couldn't feel any empathy for any of them as a result of them being such horrible people.

It's cool they tried something new, because after SGA and SG1, it was a good idea to try something new. I'm not asking them to go through the gate for a WACKY NEW ADVENTURE every week. In fact, the premise of the show was actually fairly interesting. However, the show would have drastically improved with better writing. It also didn't help that Mallozzi pretty much told SG fans to go gently caress themselves if they didn't like it.

E;

In full disclosure, I stopped watching at the episode where a bunch of them got stranded on a planet (I think that was halfway through 1?). If, in your opinion, that means I didn't give the show enough of a chance, so be it.

I watched less than a quarter of the show but I feel I know enough to pass judgement upon it.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Higginson posted:

It was fake, but it then lead them to find Merlin who it turned out was a) still alive and b) had never finished making the thing in the first place. Then he got into Daniel.

This sounds like erotic fanfiction.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On season 3 in a SG1 rewatch, and teal'c's jaffa joke is still the best moment of the series.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

truth masseuse posted:

Stargate: Atlantis has been pulled from Netflix streaming :argh:

You're loving kidding me. I'm halfway through season 7 of SG1 and was going to start alternating episodes with Atlantis when they finally got there.

Soda Addict posted:

Netflix Instant Queue's saying that SG1's being removed on the 15th.

God damnit.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So anyone have an idea of when exactly on the 15th sg1 is going to disappear from netflix? Midnight? I'm almost halfway through season 10 and hoping to finish it up before it's gone.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm on my phone right now so I can't really type out a huge response, but what were the people on Destiny supposed to do? As far as anyone on the ship was concerned they would be on that ship for the rest of their lives. Are they supposed to just surrender all control and decisions to the military half of the crew and set up a dictator for life for themselves and whatever inbred decendants they may have?

These are politicians who come from a democratic society, people who(in an ideal world) are supposed to be completely against the consolidation of power into one individual. Of course one of the first things they'd want to see to is making sure there's a governing body that's fair and sees to the needs of everyone involved.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeze posted:

Why is it 90% Stargate, but then there are also randomly lightsabers and Vipers?

Because it's loving awesome, that's why.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hewlett posted:

I like to think that if, say, that Ori ship Aatrek posted up above went through a supergate and came out a regular gate, it would just shrink to its proportional size and zoom around the gate room, like that one episode of DS9.

One Little Ship owned.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just caught Ben Browder on Arrow. Is there some sort of SG-1 curse that makes whoever's led the team get fat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uhh, well this is a thing I haven't seen posted yet:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/stargate-sg-1-unleashed-announced