Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I still wish they would have made the Stargate Command series after season 7 concluded like they originally wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm getting really tired of all the shows I watch getting canceled. What's the tally for this year?

SGU
V
The Event
The Cape
Human Target
No Ordinary Family

At least I still have Sanctuary :suicide:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You have terrible taste in television.

But I have fun with all of them. Except for the cancellations.

I guess these shows I watch got renewed:

Dr Who
Bones
Castle
Warehouse 13
Haven
Too Human
Archer
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Burn Notice
Sanctuary
Dexter
True Blood

poo poo, I watch a lot of TV.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I do not, as of yet. It's like Supernatural, one of those I always wanted to watch but haven't gotten around to it. Also Farscape.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Falling Skies starts Sunday on TNT, which might be good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Captain Vittles posted:

How many times did they think it was their last season only to find out it wasn't? Suddenly their assumption that SGU was definitely getting a third season is making more sense.

They also thought they were definitely getting an 11th season, then didn't.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

I only just binged through most of SGA recently and I felt like such a douchebag for writing it off when it was actually airing. Show is entertaining as all gently caress in spite of having to put up with Teyla.

That will be JetsGuy when he watches season 2 of SGU.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Supposedly in SGU season 3, when everyone woke up and 2 years or whatever passed, the Stargate was public knowledge and the shitstorm has hit the fan for the past 2 years...

bobkatt013 posted:

I read somewhere that the canceled stargate movie would be about the program going public and the poo poo storm that would occur.

Yes, this was originally part of the 3rd SG1 movie.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

drcru posted:

Where'd you hear that?

One of Joe's blogs. He mentioned that the events from the movies would be incorporated into season 3. Of course he originally wanted them to sleep for 100-200 years, but was overruled.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Mayborne was a hardass military guy in the season finale of Sanctuary. Miss him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They actually had script treatments written up for season 6 of Atlantis. Joe's blog had season 6 episodes summarized.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ronan was awesome. I never had a problem with the guy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/07/devlin-still-talking-stargate-movie-sequels/

Right dude.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Minimaul posted:

I'm on Season 10 of SG-1 now. Not as good as the others, but decent enough to keep me entertained. Season 9 was decent as well. I liked 8 and all the previous seasons a lot more. It's all a big blur, so I can't really say which season(s) I like the most. After I finish season 10 I'll move over to Atlantis. I guess I should watch the movies as well, though I'm sure I'm out of proper viewing order already.

What you're doing is fine. Watch the SG1 movies when you're done with SG1 and then you can move to Atlantis.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Eikre posted:

I have a few vaginas, I keep them in a bucket. For a reasonable fee (plus shipping) I would be happy to hook you up.

Is it extra to wash them first?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's not like Ronan is hired on for his supreme acting abilities.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Season 2 of SGU was pretty good. Season 1, not so much.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

Also, I don't mind the tits cut as much because I can at least not have to explain to g/fs anymore that it is literally the only time in 10 seasons there were tits.

You need to date better girls man.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's true, never have dated a girl into sci fi. Currently watching The Wire with the gf, so it's not all bad.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He retired and stop giving a gently caress. Don't blame the guy.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

My favorite series for episode titles is Babylon 5.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The second season was definitely a huge improvement. Rush was awesome.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's because you got all mad that it wasn't "your stargate" and you quit watching. That's like saying TNG was poo poo cause season 1 was mostly poo poo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

RDA:

quote:

RichardDeanAnderson
Broadcasting live from set of Raising Hope; a little cameo that puts daughter&dad on screen together 4 first time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ex Stargate people:

quote:

Three weeks into filming on Cinemax’s 12-episode series Transporter, the action drama’s executive producers/showrunners Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie have left over creative differences. Veteran TV director-producer Steven Shill, who was recently brought in to work alongside Mallozzi and Mullie, is now expected to take over showrunner duties, at least for the time being. The 12-episode series is in production in Toronto, currently working on ep. 4-5. Shooting is scheduled to continue through November for a 2012 premiere. Based on Luc Besson’s Transporter film franchise, the series stars Chris Vance as professional transporter Frank Martin who can always be counted on to get the job done — discreetly. Andrea Osvart co-stars on the show, a France/Canada international treaty co-production, which is being executive produced by Besson, Fred Fuchs and Robert Cooper. It is Cinemax’s second original primetime series to go into production, following Strike Back, which premiered this summer to solid numbers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm actually interested in it. Strikes Back isn't bad.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Joe mentioned on his blog they wanted to throw in a line about translation nanites getting auto inserted during gate travel for humanoid species automatically but they couldn't bullshit it enough to get it as good as they liked.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

And SG1 cost waaaaaay more than Warehouse 13, hence where we are at now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Shanks was awesome in Burn Notice.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Hewlett posted:

I can see how Vala would get overly annoying (I bet the same people who hate River Song on Doctor Who would hate Vala - they're very similar smug, overbearing mysterious aliens), but I do like her. And that is likely bleedover from Farscape.

It's really interesting to see Ben Browder and Claudia Black basically switch characterizations when they go to Stargate - Ben Browder goes from wacky, slowly-going-crazy scientist to dour, dry Mitchell, and Claudia Black turns in her ice-queen persona as Aeryn for goofy space slut Vala.

Oh David Hewlett you card. Space slut, indeed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

SGU season 2 was pretty awesome regardless of what anyone says.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

poo poo, that'd be me if I was rich and retired.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They haven't yet talked about it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I don't care what anyone says but Ronon is awesome if only for the episode where McKay saves his life and he walks up to him all stern and poo poo then smiles and gives him a big ol' hug.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I still firmly believe that if they canceled SG1 when Atlantis started, and then continued the SG1 story in a show called Stargate Command (as initially proposed), it would have went on much longer.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

What would the point of that show be?

It would basically be SG1 without the name. They wanted to due it since the team has changed so drastically.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

O'Neill worked for the Phoenix Foundation in the 80s.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Probably more of "we don't know what the gently caress so let's not risk it".

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Finally! I'm not alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I like Sanctuary. It's a fun show. The last season was quite a bit better than season 1.