Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnomebitten
Mar 31, 2011

Shave Early. Shave Yourself.
Poked around and the old thread got archived it seems.

I'll waste no time, first up is Chromelodeon's final album, the Final Recordings, available for free here. While not extremely well-known, this is honestly one of my favorite albums from any band, never mind chiptune. From the opening track Polygon Sun to the final track of their final album Triangular I find the album a really succinct way to end a group. Not entirely chip, there's a lot of fusion sounds going on with guitar and in some of their albums even accordions. Somewhat like Anamanaguchi in that regard I s'pose only entirely more proggy.

Other albums of theirs of note is Heart of Sawdust, a nice heavy sorta prog metal album with accordions and Ninja Gaiden 2 - The Dark Sword of Chaos which is about exactly what it sounds like. They've also done some VGM cover work under the alias Sprite Slowdown, which some of which is on Archive.org.

Earlier this year saw the release of Disasterpeace's Rise of the Obsidian Interstellar, which you can find on their Bandcamp free to stream and for $8 if you like it a lot. In a trend you'll find in me, this is more proggy and actually a rather nice concept album. I think someone who didn't know what any of the songs were called or didn't know the album cover could figure out that this instrumental was about space stuff, but that's just my own guess. If you really like Disasterpeace but don't want to spend money, their old album Midnight Orphans isn't quite as chippy but free to anyone who wants it.

Oh, and just to avoid being a proghead completionist, have something a little housey in bits and glitchy in others. I just recently got my hands on Pixel Perfect by halc and so far I'm rather liking it.

Anyone got anything to share?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnomebitten
Mar 31, 2011

Heh heh. New 'Guchi? All over that then, their summer releases were really great. Airbrushed is probably my favorite piece of theirs.

NYC for chippies must be great, I'm all the way out here in the boonies in Arkansas. Great if you like bluegrass or metalcore but not much else.

Guessing Blip Fest was great?

e: And scratch Pixel Perfect being pretty good, it's pretty darn great. Higher Reasoning has been in my skull all day.

Gnomebitten
Mar 31, 2011

Just poppin' in, got reccomended an EP and it's pretty great. SLOP cuts a real deep groove, something' I usually don't hear in beepin' boop musics.

Man. Wish I could go to a chipfest, but Frogfuck doesn't get a lot of beep boop fans.

• Locked thread