Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nana-C
May 12, 2003

blastin' on fooz'
I recently played the last Blipfest in Tokyo. Acutally, I was the "last" act in the 2nd day before the secret guest set with Hip Tanaka. Yeah, it's kinda sad to see it put into indefinite haitus (it's ironic that it ended in Tokyo too, since Blip originally was conceived due to a dozen Japanese chiptune performers wanting to do a US tour).

Fortunately for Asia / Australia, Square Sounds Festival will be around as Blip's spiritual successor. It's still undetermined if it will ever come to US, but it at least has the recommendation and support from the Blip crew.

Nana-C fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nana-C
May 12, 2003

blastin' on fooz'
I recently released this NES chiptune album -- mainly pastiches of a bunch of different EDM styles that I made specifically for my live sets over the years (and kind of my exercise on restrictive PSG sound design). The latter link was supposed to be included with the album, but I ran out of time before the deadline of pressing CDs for Square Sounds Tokyo:
http://chibitech.bandcamp.com/album/moenes-vol-1-the-idol-composers-groove
http://chibitech.bandcamp.com/track/moe-moe-kyunstep-lil-demonic-swallowtail-vip-mix (yes, this is just pure 2A03 + VRC6)

Nana-C
May 12, 2003

blastin' on fooz'

dr.acula posted:

I dont have archives sadly, but a few years ago GBS had an awesome thread with covers of existing songs as chip tune and a lot of them were awesome :smith:

was it that one old GBS thread where everyone was converting random MIDI files off the internet through GXSCC or importing them to FL Studio and grafting those tweakbench triforce / peach / whatever VSTis onto the channels because that was just hilarious to observe

• Locked thread