Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Diligent Deadite posted:

Not to single you out, Silber, but it seems a lot of people see chiptune as a guilty pleasure and nothing more. It's maybe partly down to the retro-cute image a lot of the artists use, but there is some pretty neat stuff out there that doesn't really gel with the 'cat ears and rainbows' image chip tune seems to get.

I'm glad you mentioned Comptroller. Whenever I see a Chiptunes thread I always try to drop that name because of how much I love his "Challenge!" album, particularly Galactic Hero and Heavy Crab as you mentioned. I love them so loving much. I never really got into his other things but I'm seeing the nightmarish sound that you're talking about in Z-Bombs.

If you know of more chiptunes that have a similar sound to "Challenge!" I'd be forever grateful to hear of them.

Also that Patric C. song is exactly as Cyberpunky as you said it was. Awesome.

edit: Actually let me throw in my own recommendation too.

Sabrepulse. Not a huge fan of all his things but he's got some neat stuff. Check out Hyperion as an example.

snackcakes fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

I like this album by Weird Bananas, maybe someone else will too!

• Locked thread