Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Elentor posted:

Just added the latest two entries to the OP.

I must be sick, but I'm actually curious to play that horrible game.

Me too!

Where can it be had, and do you need to do anything special to make it run on emulators?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Yeah, the screen goes orange, as you can see, then the party appears outside the Sector 7 gates; there isn't even a neat sound effect.

This game was, in fact, sold in a box, with a manual. There was a physical cartridge that people were expected to put in a game system.

This fellow managed to get a copy of both the game itself, complete with box and manual, and the Chinese SUBOR console on which to play it.

That is exactly who I was trying to think of.

Also, I just found out that something similar was in the works for FFX, by a team of Japanese coders. I've seen little more than this handful of screenshots, a very small beta version, a whole bunch of folks calling it a hoax, and talk of a cease-and-desist from Square-Enix. If this whole thing was at any point real, there was never an English translation, and I don't speak a word of Japanese. If anybody has any more information on what happened here, I'd love to know.

Man, they really get some mileage from that fighter sprite.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FillInTheBlank posted:

Playing 3 forms of FFVII, coding a game & your work.

How do you have so much free time?
Is that the magic of Brazil?

I played most of the game during vacations, along with Portal 2 and Braid and other games I haven't really had the time to play. I have some 10 chapters ahead of me in videos and screenshots, but writing them takes time. That`s why updates have been slow lately.

I haven`t touched FF7 Hard mode either - I got to the first optional boss and it bored me. I mean, it started well but a lot of the battles seem to involve random chance unless you grind a lot of levels and as you pointed out, I don't have much free time to theorycraft a mod really.

Also, on an unrelated subject, YouTube has been offering me the option to put Ads in my FF7LP Videos hahaha :downs:

Elentor fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 9, 2011

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Holy poo poo is that Blitzball screenshot an altered Tecmo Super Bowl cutscene?

This makes X almost tolerable now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Also, I just found out that something similar was in the works for FFX, by a team of Japanese coders. I've seen little more than this handful of screenshots, a very small beta version, a whole bunch of folks calling it a hoax, and talk of a cease-and-desist from Square-Enix. If this whole thing was at any point real, there was never an English translation, and I don't speak a word of Japanese. If anybody has any more information on what happened here, I'd love to know.

It would seem that this game was more of a fan thing, like how folks do RPGMaker remakes of their favorite games. The NES FF7 was China being China.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chapter 32 - A Desert Tale

This would be a good time for Sephiroth to show up and do his magic.

Uh, no, I'm pretty sure we're all locked up here too!

I think this is the perfect time to come up with a Cait Sith related story.

The first thing you need to do is to hear his theme music. Here, click here.

Going down here you find nothing, just an empty chest. Makes sense, right? After all, you're in a prison.

This well serves actually no purpose, but it has so much secret in that it gets its own entry in today's Bugs & Bytes.

Anyway, back to Cait Sith. If you know what I'm gonna talk about, then you probably... well, know it's about it.

Our story dates back to 2003.

So, back in 2003 this fella decided to start a project in OC-Remix, the FF7 Musical.

Problem is, he wasn't very talented. He showed some mockups and, well, was mocked for it, a lot.

Eventually he did his version of the Cait Sith song. There are absolutely no words to describe this Eldritch horror.

You can read the whole story here, as well as download the rest of his stuff.

Well, technically it IS, from what was written in the hole we were thrown into.

I can't help but wonder. Why is this Corel Prison if it's so far away from Corel? Was this originally Corel?

Maybe they mention it somewhere and I missed it, but God knows that I read everything. Maybe we should check the Final Fantasy Wikia.

So yeah, these guys are worthless. We can't actually talk to any "Boss" yet.

This is actually funny as hell. I specially like the "mysterious" part.

This guy actually follows us. If you talk to him he just laughs. It's unsettling.

Eventually you enter the only available house and Barret complains again. What do you want me to say, Barret? "Uh, sure, sorry for being tossed here as a prisoner. I'll just go back and leave you to your business."

Oh God, he's aiming his gun at us and Cait Sith is freaking out, whatever he is.

He shoots and a guy behind the couch drops dead. We're safe... for now.

AERIS OUT OF NOWHERE hahaha.

How did you see him? Weren't you at the Saucer? Ahh I'm so confused.

Ohh no.

Noooo a Flashback GET OUT OF MY SCREEN.

I hate to talk about anime, but the only flashback I actually enjoy is the one in Claymore.

Perfect timing!

Yeah I don't think so, Dyne.

It's very hard to show these action scenes in screenshots. Basically, some guards show up top and start shooting Barret and Dyne, who start dancing to dodge the bullets.

You gotta love a character who's having fun with the Stormtrooper stereotype.

She actually slaps the guard to the ground. Man, these Shinra officers are SO EVOL.

Then she starts shooting herself.

You can guess what happens here. They shoot at their arms, and Barret lets Dyne fall.

All things said, it's very dramatic.

Let's think about Barret for a moment.

Barret is a very tragic character. He's 35 and is a completely broken man, with no light in sight. He's psychologically tortured and has lost almost everything he's had twice.

It's easy to overlook those things because he acts like, as Tifa put it, a complete retard. Between the bad mouth

But if you think about it, he has a very kamikaze/suicidal behavior. His acts in the beginning of the game were mindless vengeful behavior, and they didn't really work out very well.

Surviving huge falls is no mystery to Dyne either. I suppose he and Cloud can have a nice chat.

I was gonna make a joke about guns being useless here, but Scarlett seemed to have made a good use of them. Too bad people in FF7 have the NO FALL DAMAGE mode turned on.

Ah, the Barretian logic. The same logic that brought us "walking together is dangerous, let us split in two groups to wander the wastelands."

This right here. If you like what you're reading here, then don't ever watch Advent Children.

We get to choose one last member to make a party, then set off. You can get back here anytime and talk to the other characters to switch.

Ah, I guess that explains why Yuffie is walking with us. We're all happy mercenaries here.

No it's not. We're in the desert. It's hot. And I hate heat. Do you know one thing about Rio? It's hot. It's really, really, really hot. During Summer we have the second/third hottest felt air temperature in the world.

It's so hot, SO hot, that even with a good air conditioner turned on 24/7 it's still hot.

And when the night falls... it's still hot. Seriously. It's freakishly hot during night too. I read even deserts get chilly during the night. Not Rio.

To the bottom of the Corel Prison we find Mr. Coates.

This whole set of rules makes me think that Dio is a crazy sociopath and the Corel Prison is actually an excuse to have slaves ready to race for free so he can entertain the masses.

It doesn't take a genius to deduct that the boss is actually Dyne.

This is one of the weirdest places in the game. If we go to the right we'll keep on with the plot, but if we follow to the left or top, we'll end up in the desert, and the desert is home to some weird creatures.

Following to the right we end up in a junkyard.

It's curious how we see all these car models everywhere, but we don't actually see cars being used, or even roads at all. I think that adds to the dystopic value of the game.

Ok, so his wife is buried here. And there's a destroyed house. This place definitely was Corel. But wasn't it surrounded by mountains and within view distance from North Corel's bridge? I AM SO CONFUSED.

Why? Barret wasn't the only man accepting the Reactor. Last I remember, he actually tried to save you too. What an ungrateful bastard.

VENGEANCE HURRRR.

Yeah, that boat has sailed.

In case you've been wondering, Marlene is Dyne's daughter.

:downs: :downs: :downs: :downs:

Maybe it's something they put in Corel's water that makes their citizens completely crazy. Is this the same logic applied to "let's split, it's safer"?

Or maybe it's the heat. Oh God, will this happen to me?

This might be the first Boss fight that we saw coming!

Am I getting comic books right?

Dyne's gimmick is that the lower his HP is, the more powerful are his attacks. Strategy-wise, the point of this fight for the player to figure out would be that when his health is low enough you can't outheal him so you have to go all in. In practice, there are so many ways to breeze through his 1200 HP that it doesn't matter.

Look, I know some of you don't like that I show fights like this but there's literally nothing to show in this fight.

On the other hand, this is the last non-optional boss that is a complete joke though, in a good while. From here on the bosses are actually hard if this is the first time you're playing the game. Their HP starts to leap and the game starts to assume you're doing your fair share in leveling up, specially if you haven't got Beta.

Also, why is Molotov Cocktail a bunch of lasers? Oh God

And that concludes Barret's very, very depressing sidetrack.

NEXT TIME!

Chocobos! Turks! Backtracking! Sidequests!

Chapter 32 - Bugs & Bytes

So what's up with Corel?

Final Fantasy Wikia posted:

Final Fantasy VII states the reactor simply exploded, but Episode 16 of Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII-, revises the history: AVALANCHE, an eco-terrorist organization occupied the incomplete reactor to fight Shinra. Rufus Shinra, the company's vice president and AVALANCHE's secret financier, is captured in the fighting and the reactor is destroyed.

Wow, talk about some revisionist story! Still, it doesn't explain the geographic inconsistencies, but if we worry too much about that in FF7, my brain might collapse in on itself.

The Basement, Part I

Remember the well that we entered in the Corel Prison? The Well leads to a room called "Basement". That room is very, very peculiar.

The first thing about this room is a rumor that was spread from the FF7 Versus Book:

Wow, an enemy that doesn't fight back and drops 40k Gil!
Now, these things usually reek of baseless rumor. However, in this case, it is not - The Test0 monsters REALLY do exist, in the Japanese version of the game. You can see them here.

They can actually be fought in the game without a need for Gameshark or cheating. You just run around the place and VOOOSH.

The Basement, Part II

But this is not all the creepiness that you can find at the Basement, oh no. The fine folks at the FF7 Citadel (You might to avoid the other links in that page if you haven't beat the game yet) found something very weird:

The original background features... this weird, little red guy to the left, next to the Guard Hound skeleton. Apparently, he's part of the foreground layer which is masked in-game so you never see him. But still, to this day, no one knows what the heck is he doing there or what was his original purpose.

Secrets of the Corel Desert

I didn't include the Corel Desert in the main update because I didn't want to interrupt the plot.

The Desert consists of one screen that repeats itself over and over no matter where you go - and you can exit the screen by going north, south, east or west.

There are two enemies of note in the desert - the Land Worm, and the Cactuar.

The Land Worm is a very tough common encounter. It has 1500 HP and deals more damage than your common critter. It does, however, have a very good item to steal - the Turbo Etter.

The Cactuar is a classic Final Fantasy enemy.

Cactuars are famous for their enormous Dodge rate. They don't have much HP, but this here is the Cactuar avoiding a Beta.

In fact, Cactuars dodge all attacks 87.5% of the time. Even Limits. With Tifa here, he dodged all previous attacks.

Couple that with the fact that Cactuars have only a ~6% chance to be found in the desert, and that the desert is optional, and he is one of the rarest seen enemies of the game. The fact he gives 1 EXP and 1 AP doesn't seem to help much...

Until you see how much gil he drops. 10,000 to be exact! Too bad his encounter rate is abysmal.

At any rate, even trying to go the way back in the desert will result in the same screen popping up over and over again. Your way out? Tandan - sometimes a Mysterious Chocobo Rider will appear and offer you a ride back.

Leaving you back at the entrance where you can go right and continue the plot.

In the car junkyard you can find these enemies called Death Claws. They're very useful for one reason - they have an Enemy Skill called Laser, which essentially casts Demi 2 (an upgrade version of the Graviball - it deals 50% of the enemy's current HP). In the above screenshot you're also seeing our first use of [Manipulate], Cait Sith's Materia.

Manipulate replaces your turn with up to three enemy abilities. In this case, we're forcing him to use Laser on us, so we can learn it.

It looks more or less like Matra Magic. Which you can also learn in the junkyard.

And that's it for today!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So there no way to avoid his gimmick or does this not count since it's Barret only? By the way, wasn't Death Claw's signature attack a Blue Magic, or was that only in V.

Also man I remember old Versus Guide. I bought it aroudn the time the game came out, but lost it at school (I had a bad habit of taking the strategy guides with me to class). Shame it's so rare these days, or I would rebuy it for nostigal sake. Still have the old poster that came with it trough.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
The Cactuar and Land Worm combo is the same you find in the desert area in the World of Ruin in FFVI, although there are a lot of evasion-ignoring attacks to make the fight easier and they're more common.

Death Claws are from FFV, a boss and later an enemy (I don't know if they're the same or similar) that you can learn an ability from.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rirse posted:

So there no way to avoid his gimmick or does this not count since it's Barret only? By the way, wasn't Death Claw's signature attack a Blue Magic, or was that only in V.

Also man I remember old Versus Guide. I bought it aroudn the time the game came out, but lost it at school (I had a bad habit of taking the strategy guides with me to class). Shame it's so rare these days, or I would rebuy it for nostigal sake. Still have the old poster that came with it trough.

Well, technically he didn't change stages or improve his attacks because he died in one turn.

His Molotov Cocktail attack in the video is a chance to cast when he dies, so it's possible to avoid it. I had recorded a video without him doing anything but it would be boring as hell, so I decided to keep him attacking in the first turn and doing his post-death attack to show off how silly a Molotov Cocktail Matra Magic is.

Actually, that sounds cooler than I thought.

Oraculum Animi posted:

The Cactuar and Land Worm combo is the same you find in the desert area in the World of Ruin in FFVI, although there are a lot of evasion-ignoring attacks to make the fight easier and they're more common.

Death Claws are from FFV, a boss and later an enemy (I don't know if they're the same or similar) that you can learn an ability from.

Nice trivia, I didn't know that.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 10, 2011

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.

Oraculum Animi posted:

Death claws (or at least a monster with NES level versions of the FFV sprite) showed up in FFIII, too.

Edit: Here 's what they looked like on the NES:

It was in that obnoxious dungeon where every monster would reproduce every time you hit it with a physical blow that didn't kill it (or use a katana).

Golden_Zucchini fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 10, 2011

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oraculum Animi posted:

Wasn't evasion actually a null stat in in FFVI, with MDef% pulling double duty? That would make Cactaur pretty trivial, unless he had high MDef% as well.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Cactuars in FFVI had 250 MBlock as well as Evasion, so even in the SNES version they still had a 250/255 or 98% chance of dodging any blockable attack.
They also had maxed Defense and Magic Defense (255) so basically only unblockable, defense-nullifying attacks would be effective against them, which FF6 still had a surprising amount of.

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.
As for desert weather, I live in southern Arizona and I do not envy you your oceanside humidity one bit. The whole "but it's a dry heat" thing may be a cliche, but it's also a godsend out here when it spends a couple weeks in the low 110's. I basically spend the month of July moving from air conditioning to air conditioning.

The worst part, though, is just as monsoon season starts in late July/early August or thereabouts. The relative humidity jumps up to the mid 30's to mid 50's but the temperature lags behind a bit and doesn't drop significantly for a week or so.

So far as it getting cold at night, that's relative. In the hottest part of summer a drop of 30o still leaves with us lows in the mid 80's. Winters do get cold enough for frost in January (and occasionally there's even enough humidity for frost to form), but typical highs in winter are in the mid 60's.

All temperatures are Fahrenheit, obviously.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
The building where you catch up with Barrett is the same one in the flashback where Scarlet is at the town meeting. The prison is definitely the old Corel ruins, and it does seem a bit out of the way for a mining town. The whole part of the continent doesn't seem very well thought through, but if you ignore what the world map looks like it makes a little more sense. The cable car to the Gold Saucer starts at Corel, after all. You'd think they'd get some tourism, or just offer a cheaper save point.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Elentor posted:

In fact, Cactuars dodge all attacks 87.5% of the time. Even Limits. With Tifa here, he dodged all previous attacks.

Grenades always hit, and 2 grenades kill a cactuar.

Elentor posted:

Couple that with the fact that Cactuars have only a ~6% chance to be found in the desert, and that the desert is optional, and he is one of the rarest seen enemies of the game. The fact he gives 1 EXP and 1 AP doesn't seem to help much...

Until you see how much gil he drops. 10,000 to be exact! Too bad his encounter rate is abysmal.

His encounter rate is 1/16, but luckily FF7's random number generator can be manipulated. If you load a game right outside the desert and run in, you will encounter the following pattern (running from all worms/grenading cactuars may be required):

about 13 worms, cactuar, about 13 worms, cactuar, worm, cactuar, worm, cactuar, about 7 worms, cactuar, about 7 worms, cactuar, very large number of worms

After the 6th cactuar just leave the desert, save and reset to start the pattern over.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
None of this makes any sense. Are we supposed to think Dyne went up to the Gold Saucer and shot a bunch of people for no reason? Why's he so pissed at Barrett when Barrett was right there with him when everything went bad? Why would he rather die than see his daughter again? Why does he look like Bruce Campbell?

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Rirse posted:

I got that one when the game came out. It was nice having a guide that didn't really spoil the plot. Still have it and the poster too.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whitehelm posted:

Grenades always hit, and 2 grenades kill a cactuar.

His encounter rate is 1/16, but luckily FF7's random number generator can be manipulated. If you load a game right outside the desert and run in, you will encounter the following pattern (running from all worms/grenading cactuars may be required):

about 13 worms, cactuar, about 13 worms, cactuar, worm, cactuar, worm, cactuar, about 7 worms, cactuar, about 7 worms, cactuar, very large number of worms

After the 6th cactuar just leave the desert, save and reset to start the pattern over.

This is very interesting, the info about Grenades, I had forgotten it.

Are you sure about the RNG manipulation? Doesn't the seed change when you turn the console off and on?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

quote:

Ey yo, it's the GuiDyne Sensation!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

that song's godawful lyrics (Jesus, why did I listen to the whole thing) posted:

All complaints must be submitted in writing!

September 10, 2011

Dear frollo,

Yesterday I was reading an LP of Awful Fantasy, and followed a link to a story about X JAXX mutilating his penis. Today, I read an LP of FF7 and followed a link to your song. While your work didn't make me feel quite as physically ill, having someone walk in and hear me listening to that hidous nasal warbling would have been far more embarrassing than the penis story.

In closing, your song sucks.

Sincerely,

Bifauxnen

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Elentor posted:

This is very interesting, the info about Grenades, I had forgotten it.

Are you sure about the RNG manipulation? Doesn't the seed change when you turn the console off and on?

I learned it from the low-level runs on Gamefaqs. While personally I use an emulator, several people have done the same thing with a console. The seed never changes. It might not work on other versions such as PC though.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Oraculum Animi posted:

The Cactuar and Land Worm combo is the same you find in the desert area in the World of Ruin in FFVI

Speaking of FFVI, the entire Corel Prison area reminded me of Zozo, particularly that it is a shithole full of unsavory characters who always lie. Though I doubt the music there is quite as interesting.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Adus posted:

None of this makes any sense. Are we supposed to think Dyne went up to the Gold Saucer and shot a bunch of people for no reason? Why's he so pissed at Barrett when Barrett was right there with him when everything went bad? Why would he rather die than see his daughter again? Why does he look like Bruce Campbell?

Well, he is supposed to be crazy. In all likelihood, the games writers want to portray him with a death urge- that is, he does horrible things because he wants someone to kill him. But I do agree it doesn't make a ton of sense. A lot of writers (especially in videogames) use insanity as a reason, but don't put a lot of thought into the mind or actual thought process of the supposed disturbed except "Bitch be crazy, yo."

Registered Member
Feb 28, 2011

Elentor posted:

It's curious how we see all these car models everywhere, but we don't actually see cars being used, or even roads at all. I think that adds to the dystopic value of the game.

Am I quite mistaken, or is the steering wheel of that car facing the wrong way?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

September 10, 2011

Dear frollo,

Yesterday I was reading an LP of Awful Fantasy, and followed a link to a story about X JAXX mutilating his penis. Today, I read an LP of FF7 and followed a link to your song. While your work didn't make me feel quite as physically ill, having someone walk in and hear me listening to that hidous nasal warbling would have been far more embarrassing than the penis story.

In closing, your song sucks.

Sincerely,

Bifauxnen

You should listen to the Jenova Rap. It is unintelligible, mainly because Jenova is goddamn FOAMY THE SQUIRREL.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

You should listen to the Jenova Rap.

Yes, I remember this from some years ago and that was the first thing that came to mind as soon as Elentor was all "so like there was this thing on OCR..."

But hey, let's be fair now, we can pick out a "eh mon yah mon it's jenoa time jah das' what i'm talkin' about you know what i'm talkin' about," "don't know what to do," and a whooooooole lot of "jenovajenovajenovajenovajenovajenovajenovajenova." At the very least, we can say that Frollo is probably very eloquent to be able to say Jenova that many times without getting tongue-twisted.

... I can't believe I just sort of whiteknighted Frollo

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 10, 2011

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The White Dragon posted:

... I can't believe I just sort of whiteknighted Frollo

As penance for this heinous crime, I posit that you should get to updating that Vagrant Story LP posthaste, you knave. You've done the work of the Devil, now it is time to do the work of the Lord.

Also, I challenge anyone to name me any sort of video game-related rap-style music that is actually good.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tallgeese posted:

As penance for this heinous crime, I posit that you should get to updating that Vagrant Story LP posthaste, you knave. You've done the work of the Devil, now it is time to do the work of the Lord.

Also, I challenge anyone to name me any sort of video game-related rap-style music that is actually good.

Duane and Brand-O.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

^^drat, same wavelength.

Tallgeese posted:

Duane and BrandO are pretty good.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 10, 2011

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I could totally see TWD doing some kind of mashup of Costa del Sol and the Chillax song, and having it be actually good.

John Luebke
Jun 1, 2011
That little guy in the basement looks like Sakaguchi.

Chair Huxtable
Dec 27, 2004

Heavens me, just look at the time

Elentor posted:

No it's not. We're in the desert. It's hot. And I hate heat. Do you know one thing about Rio? It's hot. It's really, really, really hot. During Summer we have the second/third hottest felt air temperature in the world.

It's so hot, SO hot, that even with a good air conditioner turned on 24/7 it's still hot.

And when the night falls... it's still hot. Seriously. It's freakishly hot during night too. I read even deserts get chilly during the night. Not Rio.

After I saw that, I just had to google to see where Bangkok ranked against Rio- oh hey, it's number one. And I'm stuck there for the next month with nothing but a fan to comfort me. At least it's the "chilly" season.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
To further add to the mindfuck that is Corel, imagine Dio strolling into the blackened and charred ruins of the village, take a look around and go: "This is the perfect spot to build a theme park."

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Bundle of Keys posted:

To further add to the mindfuck that is Corel, imagine Dio strolling into the blackened and charred ruins of the village, take a look around and go: "This is the perfect spot to build a theme park."

Even better:

"Perfect! This is Paradise! I shall build an amusement park above it."

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

All I remeber about the Corel prison is that you could get into random ecounters with assholes that could steal from you. It made me hate walking around the place with a passion.

Since nothing like them showed up in the update, I have to ask: Are there those kind of encounters in the prison or is my memory just wonky?

a spooky ghost
Jan 1, 2010

stay the same never change
There's also these weird bottlecap-looking enemies that do nothing but cast Cure3 on your party, then die.

I don't really get it, but that's kind of them, I guess.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

brakeless posted:

All I remeber about the Corel prison is that you could get into random ecounters with assholes that could steal from you. It made me hate walking around the place with a passion.

Since nothing like them showed up in the update, I have to ask: Are there those kind of encounters in the prison or is my memory just wonky?
They're there, but they're easy to kill before they escape, unless you're underleveled.

microwave casserole
Jul 5, 2005

my god, what are you doing
Isn't there supposed to be a Batmobile among the cars at Dyne's place?

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation

a spooky ghost posted:

There's also these weird bottlecap-looking enemies that do nothing but cast Cure3 on your party, then die.

I don't really get it, but that's kind of them, I guess.

Those things can actually either cast Cure 3, or kill one party member. Very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Ah, Dyne, such memories...

You know, that was a pretty strong-written video game scene there at the time, the idea of how tragedy can drive one person to madness and another to self-realization and how vengeance can warp the soul. I'm just surprised why there aren't more angsty fanfictions written about that guy.

• Locked thread