Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

quote:

In Brazil people live with their parents until they're off to marry, much like in India. There are exceptions, of course, but this is the rule. This is because renting is too expensive here. There's a lot of reasons for that, but I'd need an entire update to talk about it.

Same in Korea and, I believe, Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

eating only apples posted:

I like how the monsters level with you, which eliminates a lot of the need for boring grinding that was sometimes necessary in VII (for me anyway, maybe I just don't play it right or something).

I liked that as well, but because I always seem to end up over-leveled just by playing normally. However, FF8 is so easy to break that it didn't seem to matter. I leveled everyone up to Lvl 100, just for kicks.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

My internet is really horrible, so it takes forever for me to load these updates. And the order they load in is very spotty. However, it does give me such gems as this:
"Heidegger was really irritated... He showed up two or three days ago and killed a few of our soldiers."

That's actually an improvement.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

S-Alpha posted:

Though, I'm surprised how much more fun I'm having with Materia. I never really made good use of it when I was young, being a stupid kid, but I don't know how I got around without fun poo poo like Deathblow+Added Cut and whatnot.

There are some really crazy materia chains you can make once you have enough leveled materia. Like connecting Ultima to counter and HP Absorb and MP absorb.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Rirse posted:

So there no way to avoid his gimmick or does this not count since it's Barret only? By the way, wasn't Death Claw's signature attack a Blue Magic, or was that only in V.

Also man I remember old Versus Guide. I bought it aroudn the time the game came out, but lost it at school (I had a bad habit of taking the strategy guides with me to class). Shame it's so rare these days, or I would rebuy it for nostigal sake. Still have the old poster that came with it trough.

I got that one when the game came out. It was nice having a guide that didn't really spoil the plot. Still have it and the poster too.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

zakharov posted:

HUGE FREAKING SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME

:aaaaa:

I was expecting something else from another area that also has important optional backstory. I've never seen this scene before!

IIRC, there's yet another backstory sequence that occurs in the same location at another point.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Phoenix Taichou posted:

This is another of those things that irks me a little that I never figured out over the years. I never used to use Absorb MP, it didn't occur to me that at the very least it makes any magic cheaper to use, and it can be used with some Command materia for free MP.

Though I don't do particularly badly in RPGs, I do fine, but when I see things like this that are blindingly obvious uses for something that I never thought of, makes me feel like I should hang up my RPG boots and stick to Mystic Quest.

You can regen even more mana if you get creative with chain-linking materia.
Or just attach it to some late-game summons.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
It does bug me that Elentor plays with both the targets in battle and that arrow thing on the map on. I always had them off when playing.

But it's such a minor nitpick, and the LP is really great, that it doesn't bother me that much.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Mindblast posted:

...characters can mime their own limit breaks? What the hell I think I need to go reinstall the game now and start getting more creative.

I probably missed out on so many glorious combinations. :saddowns:

There's a lot of crazy/awesome things you can pull off with linked materia, once you have enough of it and enough slots.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I now want to see a Crisis Core LP. Especially if it's as hilarious as Dirge of Cerebus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

DontMockMySmock posted:

Now that we know that Jenova can assume the appearance of other beings, it calls into question the identity of everyone we've met from when Jenova vanished from the Shinra Building up until now. :tinfoil:

Everyone is Jenova!
And Cloud is Tyler Durden.

• Locked thread