Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sc0ttmst
Nov 23, 2010

Elentor posted:

If you look at Cloud's concept art or at his sword model, you'll see that his sword has two holes in it. These are two holes for Materia. That's also why he starts the game with precisely two spells - Lightning and Ice.

You sir, just blew my mind. We're gonna be learning a lot from this LP, I can tell you that now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sc0ttmst
Nov 23, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Agreed with this. For reasons that we can't go into for like, 100 pages, this is simply one of the best moments in the game's plot and it's a drat shame the later story fails to utilize it properly.
I always thought this way too. Although, I do find it painful to play after, like, the sixth time through.

sc0ttmst
Nov 23, 2010
Compare 'Blue Rondo A La Turk' by Dave Brubeck to the 'Those Who Fight Further' by Nobuo.

Dave Brubeck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc34Uj8wlmE
Nobuo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH2VjQs3mN0

:aaa:

sc0ttmst
Nov 23, 2010
I'm always endlessly fascinated in seeing how NPC dialogue changes after any major event in any game. That's probably why my first playthrough of any JRPG usually clocks in at around 40-50 hours. I still believe that FFIX does NPCs the best.

sc0ttmst
Nov 23, 2010
Can't remember if it's been pointed out yet, but didn't the death of Sakaguchi's mother influence a lot of FFVII? This ties in with nearly every main characters lack of a mother or motherly figure.

• Locked thread