Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I always liked this story arc. It shows how the Turks aren't really bad guys so much as they're just doing their job. And that they even sort of respect Cloud and his ragtag group of miscreants. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Elentor posted:

Given how high are the odds of being born in a really lovely position in FF7's world, I'd say they did the best thing.

Well it's that or be used as a form of energy to power an electric toothbrush or a television thanks to the Shinra.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Frocobo posted:

The ending to Crisis Core made me cry. It's one of the things that would make Crisis Core the perfect story compliment if they hadn't added literal Gary Stu self insert.

I totally cried on that too. It's just so absolutely heartbreaking. :smith: Goes to show how storytelling in a SE game actually can be pretty good every now and again these days.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

penguinmambo posted:

I don't know if it's the Capital Letters around certain terms, but I always assume when a character explains something that's literally in the name it's a translation wonk where the original term was already in english and had to be explained to the Japanesespeaking audience. FF7 seems especially fond of its English.

Anyway Cid IS a Captain, so presumably he's already been a leader, even if it's to some scrubs.

I figured Hojo's very Japanese name an oblique reference to the weird and scary as gently caress WWII human experimentation stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

I was reading a book on the Japanese biological warfare experiments the at about the same time I had reached Mt. Corel in FF7. The parallels between Hojo and such experiments seems to be very intentional, and makes the whole flashback to the reactor and Sephiroth's seem that much more disturbing.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Oh god yes, Vincent has the Death Penalty now. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
The Dragon-voice Elentor video is right here. :smaug:

I am down for once again hearing the voice of a wyrm tell me how to murder more FF bosses and whatnot.

• Locked thread