Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I finnaly caught up with this lp and its pretty amazing so far.

Elentor posted:

What was your favorite update, and why?

Chapter 5 - A Naming of Stoners

The whole Aeris naming thing was really hilarious and still makes me laugh when I re-read it.

What aspects of the LP do you enjoy?

I really like the humour you put in this LP and I really appreciate all the extra things you show off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Gihyou posted:

It's a shame this scene is totally optional. There's got to be some people (very few, probably, but some) who never knew about this scene.

The fact that it is optional makes it so great. that sort of thing is what's missing from games nowadays.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 23, 2012

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
What is the EU thing everyone keeps talking about? a google search yielded nothing. and i can only think of the european version. but i think that that was just the same as the american one. i'm really puzzled and wondering what kind of things EU did to ff7.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh thank you, that makes much more sense

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Edit: was already covered

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Pesky Splinter posted:

But they wouldn't. They funnel in all the EU poo poo that's way too full of spoilers to go into too much depth. They'd also probably get rid of stuff like the Honey Bee Inn, or Hojo trying to get Aeris to screw the pooch, or the Turks being cool.

They'd be replaced to make way for things like Gackt, and Cloud's AC personality. And there'd be no "This guy are sick", it'd be "This guy are suffer from melodrama backstory".

Sadly this is probably very true. all of the original game's charm would be replaced by mopey cloud over acted lines and hallways!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh god, I did not know ntsc was faster. Now I see why a perfect excalibur run of FFIX is impossible on pal.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Frocobo posted:

The ending to Crisis Core made me cry. It's one of the things that would make Crisis Core the perfect story compliment if they hadn't added literal Gary Stu self insert.

Edited due to the no EU rule. My apologies, forgot about it.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
For what it's worth. The FF8 Leovinus let's play was the 1st ever lets play I read. It was like almost 8 years ago or something. I used to read it every 2 years or so. I should have made a back up. I really liked that LP.

• Locked thread