Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

a medical mystery posted:

I think Elentor went into how Rude's AI doesn't target Tifa/Taft unless she's the last living party member.

And even if that's the case, he will randomly skip his turns (showing a dialog box with his usual "........." instead).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

That's weird, because the first time I played I managed to skip by Cosmo Canyon too. But when I got to Nibelheim none of the scripts went off. I could stay in the inn, and bum around the town, but nothing would happen. I finally looked up a guide, went back to Cosmo Canyon, and everything picked back up, but I don't think it's possible to continue the story without doing the cave of Gi.

Did anything stop you from just keep going into Mt.Nibel?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

About Tseng's demise:
Doesn't Elena confirm him dead later in that snowy village?

Also, there is a slap sound effect after the ".....something" line :downs:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Zom Aur posted:

Couldn't OFS grind limits in the battle arena? You don't get exp, but the enemies should still count, right?

I think enemy kills don't count unless the battle counts as a "victory". The same applies to learning enemy skills, which you can't learn from the battle arena.

I don't remember having many problems with the demon wall, which I find odd, since I got stuck with other bosses such as the materia keeper and certain disc 2 boss with a final attack... My problem was that I thought any materia which didn't add a new spell/command was a wasted slot so I never bothered with HP Plus and the like.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yes, It's a really good idea but the game is so easy and materias are so unbalanced it just doesn't work in practice, as long as you know how to junction Restore with All you're all set with materia managing strategy.

I hope someday we get a good mod focused on improving the system.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

You can drink that shiny water to completely restore your HP/MP, this is one of the last things I've discovered in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Indeterminacy posted:

You could also have tried the Laser enemy skill? Insta-kill, as I remember.

Learning enemy skills = EXP, unacceptable for a low level game.

• Locked thread