Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

The Turks are Black Operatives, not Executives.

They meant that Scarlet is the only female on the Board of Directors, which was obvious the first time we saw them meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

FillInTheBlank posted:

Those mouths were not added.
It's a bug with the PC version, even the original Eidos release can have it.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

No, really. You can turn the mouths on and off in the settings menu.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

It's less the RPGMaker graphics and more the RPGMaker menus and windows.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Twisted Eye posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but technically wasn't Robo invented before the 1999 A.D. apocalypse? When Lucca fixes him up when they first discover him, wasn't he laying there robo-dead for those centuries since, and so, if changing the timeline, he would still live just fine and his primary functions never be disrupted? He probably would rather choose that over keeping Lavos around, I imagine. At that rate, actually, he is the only character to experience that actual Lavos apocalypse firsthand, so that'd be a pretty good personal motivation for revenge, hm.

I think he was referring to how Robo was Created by Mother Brain to spy on humanity, before the apocalypse happened and he lost his memory, and then was repaired and co-opted by Lucca and Crono. Once he remembers Mother Brain, it's obvious that she wants to destroy humanity and that he was supposed to help her with that all along. But Robo has bigger things to worry about now - Mother Brain doesn't even realize he's a time traveler out to prevent the apocalypse now.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

If it were up to me to adjust Chrono Cross' characters...

I'd keep the story the same, but add in more foreshadowing at the beginning. I'd also have the party react to everyone forcing their philosophy on them.

Serge: Still the same.

Poshul: Leena's dog is a reminder of the world you know, doesn't think you're crazy, and is more on your side than Kid. I actually like the idea of her.

Kid: She's still important.

Leena: Add in some lines where she reacts to finding out Serge was right as part of the main sequence, and some closure with her dad.

Mojo: Maybe. He fits more because of the sidequest where you get him, which is all about the inexplicable differences between the two worlds. Also, he's the first person to notice that there's something weird, metaphysically, about Serge.

Nikki and Guile: Both fit right in. Get the playable Nikki involved with his alternate's subplot and give him more scenes with Marcy. And either make Guile Magus, or just give him more to say about the big reveals - he's a seeker of enigma, after all.

Skelly: Yeah, I liked his subplot.

Razzly and Glenn: Make them more like Leena and Kid - Glenn always joins, it's just a matter of How soon. Oh, and tweak the fairy sideplot to make it clearer that we're not supposed to agree with them and won't take their hypocrisy lying down.

Harle: Give the option to outright brush off her suggestion that Serge brainwash himself into really being Lynx, and we'll call it even.

Fargo, Marcy, and Irenes: They're good as is.

Norris: So is he. Maybe explain why a nice guy like him is the leader of a black-ops division.

Radius: Foreshadow his history more.

Karsh and Riddel: Yeah, they're pretty well done already.

Viper, Zoah, and Lucia : They're a bit out of focus. Maybe they can be demoted from PC status.

Steena: Give her more reactions to the Dragon Gods' betrayal.

Draggy: Give him more reactions to the Dragon gods and their propaganda.

Starky: Add mention of his mission into the main plot, and have him react to things more. He has an outsider's perspective on the whole humans/Dragons/Lavos matter, have him share it.

Leah: Give her more of a reason for being on Gaea's Navel. Maybe add in a panicked message from Belthasar leading there...

The other characters I think could be left out. Though they aren't without merit... This was all just what I remembered off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

I sure hope that...Time-merged(?????) Schala-Kid ends up with more of Kid's personality and accent.

I'd say I wanted her prim and rowdy accents to average out... but on second thought, that would be pretty generic, wouldn't it?

• Locked thread