Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Okay, I give up. I'm halfway through this thread and everyone keeps talking about the EU and I have no idea what that is. Surely they don't mean the European version of the game. I searched the first 15 pages and still no explanation as to what it is, and I couldn't find anything on google.

What the hell is EU an abbreviation for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Thank you

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Two Finger posted:

What you've said in the second paragraph is pretty much the logic, I think. Shinra have shown themselves to be pretty incompetent at most things (except building big cannons in Junon) so it's not so terrible of an idea to take their resources and try to do better with them. Maybe Shinra should have installed another set of hydraulic rams on the Junon gun so that could shoot Meteor, I dunno.

Elentor tends to be really hyperbolic with his presentation of things I think. Tifa is lovestruck and emotional, but probably not a completely dependent broken individual. Barret is impulsive and fairly ignorant, but he's not mind-bendingly retarded. And the group as a whole isn't hopelessly incompetent, they're just operating on a series of absolute assumptions (ie Shinra is always doing the wrong thing) which are as true as often as they're not. Elentor dramatizes things more than he probably should, but I guess it's some kind of meta statement on the game itself. Or more likely he just keeps doing it because everyone in the thread has bought into it and posts nothing but GLORIOUS DEAR LEADER ELENTOR and it's just encouraging him to keep overextending himself.

Maybe it's like that for all Let's Plays though. I don't really know. But for the most part I've enjoyed this thread a whole lot, and Elentor has done a great job on going through the game. I don't want to discourage him in that. You just have to overlook the occasional reductionary dramatizations and move on. Huge meteor being a "thing" is likely more related to adding extra content than showing how narrow-minded the group is, but whateva.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I appreciate you being so level-headed, Elentor. I know there's a ton of work that goes into this thing, and what you've done so far has been more or less great quality. Truth be told it's the only LP I've seen I didn't think was just plain poo poo, so you're doing a good job.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i like you, muike

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Two Finger posted:

I'm relying on childhood memories here but I'm certain Tifa also freaks out if she's in your party there. I cannot for the life of me remember even the gist of what she says though.
Edit
Oh. You covered that
In my defence that was 400 pages ago and holy gently caress Tifa is suspicious there.

After re-reading that update, it feels like Tifa puts most of the pieces together before anyone else in the group, including Aeris. It seems like a "this is finally coming together moment" for her.

Also good job Elentor, literally one of the best threads to come out of the forums in my decade and a half here. Except for maybe that one thread where the guy convinced goons to melt their jizz and piss in a pot and wear it as a cologne.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Elentor posted:

What the actual gently caress

Welcome to your audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Why would you even bring this up?

Try it before you knock it, you fuckin' baby.

• Locked thread