Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiskenbob
Mar 28, 2007

When we have more time, I'll acquaint you with the various processes of sculptoring. It's a fascinating art to which I devoted many hours of study.
Someone recommend me a day pack that doesn't take up any space in my backpack and can hold a nikon d3100 dslr+bottle of water+guide book. I have the Osprey Talon 33, and I'd like a day pack for walking around. The alternative is emptying the backpack every time I get somewhere, and use it for a day pack, but I think it might be a bit too large for that.

This is the Osprey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiskenbob
Mar 28, 2007

When we have more time, I'll acquaint you with the various processes of sculptoring. It's a fascinating art to which I devoted many hours of study.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Also that's a hiking pack and hiking packs are a pain in the rear end but whatever, you already bought it.

I don't use daypacks. When I was first traveling I thought one would be a necessity, but now I just look at it as "I don't need a purse at home so I probably don't need one when I'm traveling either." The pages of the guidebook I need get torn out and put into my wallet, I buy water as needed or just be thirsty until later, and if I'm bringing more than my point and shoot (or the camera on my phone) I just throw it into a doubled plastic sack from 7-11 or wherever and carry it that way. If you do want a day pack I'd suggest just getting something appropriate locally.

It was a gift, actually. But I've used it before, and I'm quite happy with it. Why do you think it's a pain in the rear end?

I guess I'll have a look around when I land, and see if there's something useful, or just go without.

Fiskenbob fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 31, 2011

• Locked thread