Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

Very few Americans probably see travel in the same way I do, though, of course, plenty of people in this subforum know exactly what I'm talking about.

Rick Steves goes through this game with the fat fanny packers from Kansas.

The people who go on his tours are only allowed one bag, and these are the people who get touchy and offended about the idea. You should read how delicately and over-diplomatic he has to present this idea to people. Telling people to travel lighter gets about the same response as giving someone the middle finger, it is for some reason intertwined with some kind of primal defense mechanism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
I dunno.

Maybe that $500 (edit 495) designer jacket is rugged enough for a mean wilderness hike, but inversely it isn't a biggie if i get a small rip in a regular people jacket.

• Locked thread