Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup in a Bag
Dec 4, 2009

withak posted:

I can't remember if we ever talked about the khene here, but here is an interesting application of one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgw9xI-OcY
I don't remember it being talked about here, but I'm pretty sure I have to have one. Where can I get one of these if I live in the middle of the US?

I found this eBay seller who sells them for about $120 shipped to the US. I have no idea how to tell if they're any good though. The eBay posting kind of worries me too.

eBay khaen seller posted:

CAUTION!!
1. Keep away from heat or sunlight. (Important)
2. Beware of snout beetle.
3. This musical instrument is breakable, do not drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup in a Bag
Dec 4, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

EDIT: Hedningen, I'm back in contact with that alboka maker, and want to get one now since he can be hard to get a hold of and I don't know if he'll be making them in the future. Do you want to either hold on to mine while I'm out traveling for the forseeable future, and/or go in on a package of two of them to save shipping, and you keep yours and hold on to mine while I'm out bouncing around?

Is this something other people could get in on too? I've been following this thread for a while and the alboka looks not too expensive and like it'd be a lot of fun to learn.

Soup in a Bag
Dec 4, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

You'd have to ask Hedningen if he's okay with receiving three albokas at once, and mailing one out to you (you're in the US)? PM him and ask, and if he's okay with it, you can send me €60 over PayPal to include you in the order, and then a few bucks to Hed to cover shipping to you. Otherwise, you could just order from the maker directly (his email is shown in the previous page's photo) and pay a few Euros extra for shipping.

I asked since you'd mentioned it being hard to get in touch with the maker, but if he seems generally available for now I'll just email him directly. That'll probably be easier than dealing with reshipping things.

Thanks for the tutorial link and this entire thread!

• Locked thread